1939 8 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Denmark

Hi!

I have just tried out the new panorama feature and it did not work at all (latest firmware, latest DJI Go 4 version).

I opened the settings in DJI Go 4 and set photos > Panorama > spherical. I started the panorama and the Mavic said it took 34 photos at a very high speed. I tried out some more panoramas and got back home.

I opened the editor in the DJI Go 4 App and saw some grey placeholders and a message that photos need to be synced. I waited a few minutes and got ... nothing. There was a short message that photos cannot be synced because the camera firmware is not compatible. Nonetheless, one panorama picture showed up. It is a single photo extremely twisted. :-/

Questions:
  • Any idea what went wrong?
  • Can I get the editor to redownload the panorama photos and process them again?

My first spherical panorama

My first spherical panorama
2017-12-29
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Denmark

I just tried again and noticed that I only hear the shutter sound once for the first photo that is taken. Do you get that sound for every photo that is taken?
2017-12-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

After taking the pictures you have to stitch everything together
2017-12-29
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Denmark

I just checked the SD card and saw that many photos have been taken. (good news)

So, my new question is: Shouldn't those photos be shown in the "Editor" of the DJI Go 4 app? Out of about 10 panoramas that I took, only one is listed in the app. Unfortunately, it does not show a stitched panorama but instead a single photo that is twisted in a weird way.

Can I reset the DJI Go 4 app, so that it downloads the photos from the drone again?
2017-12-29
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

What about your sd card?  Do you have a Map with the photo's on your sd card?
2017-12-29
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Denmark

Jos A Posted at 2017-12-29 04:31
What about your sd card?  Do you have a Map with the photo's on your sd card?

I do not understand what you mean by "map".

On the SD card I can see many "panorama" folders which contain a set of photos. The number of photos seems to be correct. But I cannot see any of those photos in the DJI Go 4 app. I really hoped, it would be able to show the photos and stitch them, so that I can take some quick panoramas that are totally sufficient to be shared with others.
2017-12-29
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

oke i mean folder, yeah they called it map in dutch sorry for that...
Try to stitch with windows ice(free)
2017-12-29
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Denmark

Jos A Posted at 2017-12-29 07:21
oke i mean folder, yeah they called it map in dutch sorry for that...
Try to stitch with windows ice(free)

I know how to stitch with ICE. I really hoped the app would be able to generate a stitched panorama.

This is supported by the fact that the preview for one of the panoramas was twisted in a weird way as if the app had tried to stitch a single photo with itself. It is also strange that none of the photos is shown in the app and an error message about an incompatible camera firmware has ben shown.
2017-12-29
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

Dronoob Posted at 2017-12-29 08:12
I know how to stitch with ICE. I really hoped the app would be able to generate a stitched panorama.

This is supported by the fact that the preview for one of the panoramas was twisted in a weird way as if the app had tried to stitch a single photo with itself. It is also strange that none of the photos is shown in the app and an error message about an incompatible camera firmware has ben shown.

When you have taken the pano's you have to press the play icon on your screen in the app(bottom right), that takes you to the pano piccs that have been taken, select one, the app will then download it,stitch it then you can view it and save it to your gallery.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules