OSMO and OSMO PRO same problem
2529 33 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Hello people,

I have the same problem with OSMO and OSMO Pro. Last Christmas I made a Timelaps movie from the Christmastree with my OSMO and this year with the OSMO PRO.
And I had the same issues with both. For both have the last Firmware. Could someone help me with this problem?

In the Timelaps you see, the camara move up and down and left and right. And this is not good. I have also change my handle and test this wiht others X5. The same problem.

Maybe is a issues from DJI.

With OSMO

With OSMO PRO

As if you are on a ship...

Thank you for help.

2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. You can try to lock the pan axis and see if it will perform better. The video will be forwarded to our engineers for further check, please wait patiently. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-30
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-30 21:17
Hi, sir. You can try to lock the pan axis and see if it will perform better. The video will be forwarded to our engineers for further check, please wait patiently. Thanks for your support.

Hi Elektra, thanks for the information. With the pan lock I have the same issues. I have also the same, when I use the Interval shoot. The same result.
2018-1-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Oh, I know what's the problem! The cat! It's still the same cat. You must made same decisions and replace the cat with better one ... Happy New Year, anyway ...
2018-1-3
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-3 14:07
Oh, I know what's the problem! The cat! It's still the same cat. You must made same decisions and replace the cat wit better one ... Happy New Year, anyway ...

HIHIHIHI... yes it's the same cat.

Happy New Year
2018-1-3
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

can I ask why you are using a motorized gimbal for a timelapse shot? anything else would have been better... (phone, DSLR...) - i don't mean to be rude - just curious.
2018-1-4
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

eyeloveteeth Posted at 2018-1-4 08:49
can I ask why you are using a motorized gimbal for a timelapse shot? anything else would have been better... (phone, DSLR...) - i don't mean to be rude - just curious.

Because, the phone have a bad quality, and I don't have a DSLR or else.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MenSch0r Posted at 2018-1-5 01:21
Because, the phone have a bad quality, and I don't have a DSLR or else.

Sir, Osmo pro does not have the feature of timelapse mode. Please check which mode you shoot in the video and tell us. Did you edit the video through the third party software?   
2018-1-12
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-12 02:55
Sir, Osmo pro does not have the feature of timelapse mode. Please check which mode you shoot in the video and tell us. Did you edit the video through the third party software?

Hi Elektra, This timelapse is not realy a timelapse mode. This was a normal video recording mode in 4k and 30fps. And after recording, edited with Adobe Premiere pro and make the video faster. This looks like a timelapse.

I have try to use the photo interval. And the issue is the same. The video is not stable on place.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MenSch0r Posted at 2018-1-12 04:11
Hi Elektra, This timelapse is not realy a timelapse mode. This was a normal video recording mode in 4k and 30fps. And after recording, edited with Adobe Premiere pro and make the video faster. This looks like a timelapse.

I have try to use the photo interval. And the issue is the same. The video is not stable on place.

Sorry that we do not provide support of the third party software. I think the drift can be solved with the software. In addition, I would recommend you calibrate the camera of OSMO. Please keep us updated, thanks for your support and patience.
2018-1-18
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-18 01:15
Sorry that we do not provide support of the third party software. I think the drift can be solved with the software. In addition, I would recommend you calibrate the camera of OSMO. Please keep us updated, thanks for your support and patience.

I think, this drift is a general problem. To solve with a third party software is not a solution. You will lose of quality.
I have many time calibrate the camera. This not really help.
In the next days, I will post a video, what I see, and what the camara does. But this need time.
2018-1-18
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

The drifting problem is well documented on many threads posted here Elektra. It seems that DJI will not acknowledge or address the problem.
2018-1-18
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-1-18 07:43
The drifting problem is well documented on many threads posted here Elektra. It seems that DJI will not acknowledge or address the problem.

DJI could give a rats ass about anything thats a year old  thats how its been and always will be  I would love to personally DROP kick that spokes person for DJI with the glasses the usa rep I guess
2018-1-25
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

You can use the OSMO BASE to increase the stability.
2018-1-25
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mikey Z Posted at 2018-1-25 22:02
You can use the OSMO BASE to increase the stability.

This not fix the "Technical issues". I already use the BASE for stability.
2018-1-25
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

MenSch0r Posted at 2018-1-25 22:24
This not fix the "Technical issues". I already use the BASE for stability.

Hey bro,I have checked my OSMO just now and found that the electronic jitter elimination only works for shutter interval of 2s or above. You should have a try.
2018-1-25
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mikey Z Posted at 2018-1-25 23:48
Hey bro,I have checked my OSMO just now and found that the electronic jitter elimination only works for shutter interval of 2s or above. You should have a try.

Thanks for this information. I hope I have time today to check this. But, This shutter interval is in picture mode and not in video mode. Right?
2018-1-25
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

MenSch0r Posted at 2018-1-25 23:55
Thanks for this information. I hope I have time today to check this. But, This shutter interval is in picture mode and not in video mode. Right?

Both of the two modes can do it, because the working principle of time-lapse is to take photos of the same time interval and then combine them into videos .
2018-1-26
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mikey Z Posted at 2018-1-26 00:05
Both of the two modes can do it, because the working principle of time-lapse is to take photos of the same time interval and then combine them into videos .

I can remember, that I had also try with the time interval of 3s or 5s, but the issues was the same.
Anyway, I try and check it later.
2018-1-26
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

MenSch0r Posted at 2018-1-26 00:17
I can remember, that I had also try with the time interval of 3s or 5s, but the issues was the same.
Anyway, I try and check it later.

ok, waiting for your test results.
2018-1-26
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mikey Z Posted at 2018-1-26 00:25
ok, waiting for your test results.

If you have time, could you show your setting, that I can test with this settings too?
2018-1-26
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

MenSch0r Posted at 2018-1-26 02:37
If you have time, could you show your setting, that I can test with this settings too?

Every setting is the automatic setting, just turn the shuttle interval up to 2s or above and guarantee the place that you put your OSMO on  is stable enough. (In your uploaded video, maybe your OSMO was put on the ground and when you walk around in front of the device, it may also cause the gimbal shake slightly. )  I have tried my OSMO  by this way just now, everything is ok.  
2018-1-26
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mikey Z Posted at 2018-1-26 05:19
Every setting is the automatic setting, just turn the shuttle interval up to 2s or above and guarantee the place that you put your OSMO on  is stable enough. (In your uploaded video, maybe your OSMO was put on the ground and when you walk around in front of the device, it may also cause the gimbal shake slightly. )  I have tried my OSMO  by this way just now, everything is ok.

in a view minutes the video is online. You can see my settings and also what the cam does.

2018-1-26
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

If you still have the problem, just leave the message.  I will have a rest on the weekend and reply you on Monday. Good luck!
2018-1-26
Use props
Kudesnik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834 ft

Ukraine

The problem of unstable video exists for all osmo X5 / X5R without exception.
This is due to the magnetic amplitude of the earth. So work all electronic stabilizers . Simply, other manufacturers of stabilizers have forced gyroscope disconnection where there is no need to hold the horizon, This is called tripod mode.
Engineers of DJI could add this mode in the new firmware and forget about the problem. But it's easier for them to give unnecessary advice about calibration.
2018-1-27
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Kudesnik Posted at 2018-1-27 09:14
The problem of unstable video exists for all osmo X5 / X5R without exception.
This is due to the magnetic amplitude of the earth. So work all electronic stabilizers . Simply, other manufacturers of stabilizers have forced gyroscope disconnection where there is no need to hold the horizon, This is called tripod mode.
Engineers of DJI could add this mode in the new firmware and forget about the problem. But it's easier for them to give unnecessary advice about calibration.

Thank you for your explanation. I hope the DJI Engineers would implement it.
2018-1-28
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Hey bro, I have tried another method. Download the DJI Media Maker ,it will help decrease the jitter.
2018-2-1
Use props
Trinh Tran
lvl.1
Vietnam

yes, sure osmo pro problem, i have same with a problem
2018-2-4
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mikey Z Posted at 2018-2-1 01:44
Hey bro, I have tried another method. Download the DJI Media Maker ,it will help decrease the jitter.

Hey bro, thank you for your time. With this Media Maker have I the same problem
2018-2-5
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

MenSch0r Posted at 2018-2-5 06:24
Hey bro, thank you for your time. With this Media Maker have I the same problem

Maybe it's time to send the device to repair...
2018-2-5
Use props
fansdcf05e40
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820108 ft
United States

i put the camera at either 3oclock or 9 oclock and jitter goes away. its jitters for me only at 12oclock
2018-2-5
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Mikey Z Posted at 2018-2-5 19:18
Maybe it's time to send the device to repair...

The problem is not my device. I test it with three different X5 and all have the same problem. I also changed the Handle.
The X3 have also the same problem...
2018-2-5
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

fansdcf05e40 Posted at 2018-2-5 21:05
i put the camera at either 3oclock or 9 oclock and jitter goes away. its jitters for me only at 12oclock

Aha, okey. I try this. Thanks for this information.
2018-2-5
Use props
Trinh Tran
lvl.1
Vietnam

Maybe this is a limitation of the device. I check with different directions. similar situation
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules