Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Standard Range
1722 8 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamesnz
New
Flight distance : 73215 ft
New Zealand

Is there any way I can plug my iPhone into my Phantom 3 Standard controller? Or is there any other way I can improve transmission quality?
Thanks!
2017-12-29
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

No. The P3S remote only connects to your display device with wifi.
For your second question, the range you will get between the remote and the aircraft is dependant on many factors. Best way to improve range is by pointing the remote at the aircraft with the antenna positioned vertical and parallel to the aircraft.  Insure the aircraft is flying high enough so that the radio signal is not blocked by buildings, trees, etc.
2017-12-29
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The P3S does the transmission via WIFI only. The WIFI antennas is on left and right sides of the stock antenna of the RC with the stickers >do ton cover< In CE area the 14 FCC 19 and MIC 10 dbm.
Look for your location. I think Japan is CE or MIC area.
2017-12-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Re your second question, yes, there are a number of ways to improve the quality of your wifi signal if you're having problems.  This thread will give you some ideas:  

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... stance-tests.72014/

2017-12-29
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-29 07:17
Re your second question, yes, there are a number of ways to improve the quality of your wifi signal if you're having problems.  This thread will give you some ideas:  

https://phantompilots.com/threads/this-is-gonna-be-fun-distance-tests.72014/

Mark, what do you use? and did you do the install yourself?  Thanks
2017-12-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hi Alabama, I use an amped ITELITE DBS for the 5.8 and I use an amped ITELITE MAXXRANGE for the 2.4  I use a tripod too.  Works great.  It outruns the battery.  Yes, I did the mods myself.  
2017-12-29
Use props
jazzyjeff
Second Officer
United States

Try doing the Argtek mod and using the directional antennas they give you. My Standard now flies just like my Phantom 3 Professional. It made a big difference!
2018-1-8
Use props
Rene Jensen
First Officer
Denmark

i used icarus to change dbm for rc and ac.here the standard was 20 dbm in ce country i change it to 27 dbm that mean more range.icarus is a small app for phone and it works great
2018-1-8
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-1-8 21:51
i used icarus to change dbm for rc and ac.here the standard was 20 dbm in ce country i change it to 27 dbm that mean more range.icarus is a small app for phone and it works great

I second that ... its easy to do and gives a boost to the 2.4Ghz signal ... improving video / telemetry range.

Nigel
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules