Mavic Pro went into maverick frenzy and took off!
1002 8 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25249 ft
Australia

I was flying my mavic pro in a rural empty oval, it had just launched and I was doing a couple basic forward/backward moves to make sure it was all good. Then out of nowhere it flew off at high speed while at a low height, it went flying past a high wooden horse fence , and headed towards a big bush. I had absoutely no control over it. The Phone said 'disconnected' and the control sticks were not repsonding to any inputs.
It then came to a sudden stop just before the bush, then after a moment the RTH kicked in, and it made its way up 40m to the min RTH, came back to me, lowered back to the ground and took a long time before deciding it would actually land. While waiting for the landing I then pushed the down throttle to try and manually land , and it landed safely.

This is a very new drone. I upgraded from the P3 and have a bunch of flight experience.  The only little sign of any problems was on the previous time I took the mavic out it was giving me the RE-CTR Stick calibration error.  So after that last time, I ran through stick calibration, and did any updates. And managed to get the error completely gone.

All seemed like it would be ok to fly again but can the log file provide more info if it is a controller calbiration issue please?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/I3X4FW5QDFQUDMPHZBE8/

using Android Motorola phone running software version: 4.1.22

2017-12-29
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I looked at the log and didn't see any signs of unsolicited movement by the Mavic. For example, starting at around 27 seconds into the flight it began flying backwards in response to your negative elevator (backward right stick) input.

However, the log does repeatedly show multiple long disconnections between the aircraft and the controller and initiation of RTH at the end of the flight. Make sure the remote's antennae are positioned correctly, that you're using a supported device, and you may also want to try flying again with your mobile device in airplane mode, which some have reported fixes disconnection problems. If none of that helps that you probably should contact DJI and have them look into this, because continuing to fly when you can't maintain a connection to the aircraft is likely to result in an unhappy ending.
2017-12-29
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

It's difficult to see much at all from the GO log, because there was no downlink most of the time.  The more informative log would be the .DAT file from the Mavic.  Use these instructions and post the file to a DropBox (or similar) location. Then we'll be able to see more.
2017-12-29
Use props
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Australia

I think this is the right file but actually I wasnt sure about the time, as after this close call, I took the props off  and did some basic software testing so not sure what exact time stamp it is, and the Go App flight logs dont give me the exact time stamp just the date.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... GT/view?usp=sharing

I definitely WASNT steering the drone at high speed into the bushes, I know how to control it. it was a couple basic up/down , left right maneuvers nothing fancy or fast, very gentle. and then its taken off, probably as I've done a backwards direction move, then the releasing of the joystick failed,  infact the controls (transmitter) completely failed to respond to any input. I suspect the controller could be dodgey.

I was no more than about 10m away from the drone so even if i had the antennas upside down, inside out and back to front would it still drop transmission at such a close range?
2017-12-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Flying High Bro Posted at 2017-12-30 03:42
I think this is the right file but actually I wasnt sure about the time, as after this close call, I took the props off  and did some basic software testing so not sure what exact time stamp it is, and the Go App flight logs dont give me the exact time stamp just the date.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... GT/view?usp=sharing

At such a close range I wouldn't expect antenna orientation to be of much importance -- was there anything between you and the AC, like a car or truck, a building with a tin roof, billboard, etc? Metal is a sure-fire blocker of RF.
2017-12-30
Use props
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Australia

Nope it was just out on an empty grass oval with a wooden horse fence surrounding it.

There is an electrical power substation about 200 metres away, but the reception signal said it was 'good'.

2017-12-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Flying High Bro Posted at 2017-12-30 19:41
Nope it was just out on an empty grass oval with a wooden horse fence surrounding it.

There is an electrical power substation about 200 metres away, but the reception signal said it was 'good'.

Try using a different USB cable to solve the disconnection problem.
2017-12-31
Use props
CHEOLK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5299 ft
Singapore

Yes, I believe you. The AC can be crazy.
I flew my P3S, suddenly it drop into the tree and I had to pay to get it back.
Hope my Mavic don't act like a wild cowboy.
2017-12-31
Use props
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Australia

any clues in the DAT file?
I tried to open with DatConn , but the CSV export doesnt offer a lot of extra info

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 79X45pidtd_vGT/view
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules