Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 ESC
10160 18 2015-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artieorodriguez
lvl.1

United States

I just saw a picture of opened Phantom 3. It seems like it's all in one board has no individual ESC's. On my old Phantom I had to replace a bad ESC so how would you replace a bad ESC on a Phantom 3?. My old Phantom just took it to the local hobby shop and bang they were able to replace it with a new one and back in the air. If you had a bad ESC on the new Phantom 3 how and where would you get it fixed?. I would hate to have to ship out to DJI and be grounded. Below on the link is a picture.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 384430&page=178
2015-4-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since they have not been released yet it remains to be seen.  My guess is that it will require the board be replaced.  However, that is an easy swap out.  Several that are familiar with the components feel that the escs on the P3 are well up to the task.
2015-4-19
Use props
artieorodriguez
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the info.
2015-4-20
Use props
paul
lvl.3

United States

"...an easy swap out."  I heard a rumor that replacement mainboards will be $600.  So yeah, if paying $600 for a new mainboard is easy, then it's just a few screws.

With that said, if it doesn't break, it's a non-issue.
2015-4-21
Use props
grangerfx
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Dear DJI: Put a nice shot of the insides of the Phantom 3 on your site. This is something to be proud of. That is a really nice design and a big improvement over the Phantom 2.
2015-4-21
Use props
acenothing
Second Officer
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

WOW, great pix.  I think you know what DJI will say.  Bad ESC = replace the whole board.  
2015-4-22
Use props
pssumra
lvl.1
Canada

If your ESC dies you will crash and add the cost of the new cam and gimbal and a few other bits you have a write off - cheaper to buy another new unit thanks to the new $$ design, someone is getting rich fast
2015-6-17
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

They are selling p3's without the battery, camera and props for $600 in the dji store, so I'm sure just the board won't cost as much as the p3 body with electronics and motors and what not..  if it's more than $150 for that board we will be getting ripped off
2015-6-17
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

Forget ESC's...  Forget Gyros, Forget GPS's...  The Phantom 3 has ONE electronic component.  "Main logic board".  If your Phantom does not fly... "replace main logic board".    That's it.
2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
Second Officer
United States

paul@westpointd Posted at 2015-4-21 23:32
"...an easy swap out."  I heard a rumor that replacement mainboards will be $600.  So yeah, if payin ...

Great a 600.00 esc thats easy to swap out, you have to unsolder them all, instead of just one, remove and replace everything, and then solder all four back in and connect everything back up.  Sounds reasonable,  I don't know I am feeling worse, more and more, about this whole thing,  I have a bad telemetry problem my p3p is losing altitude or something through the flight, every time I come back to ground level to land my altimeter shows 30, 50 ft or so altitude , I can't get any  answers, let alone the video lag.  Tahoe Ed, somebody help me, I was getting a barometer sensor error sometimes when first lit up, that was before the  software updates, now I get a 402 error sometimes, Is my phantom safe to fly?  Where is the barometric sensor located, is that a 600.00 dollar sensor located on the board,  that would be an easy fix also,  Why cant someone help me? I am really kind of sick about this whole thing I wish I would have just stuck to my vision plus for a while,  Can anyone help me with the altitude telemetry error question, or is it so far down on the bug list that it isn't even an issue.  I would have waited to buy my phantom 3 if I knew now what I was in for, I may not have bought it at all, I like it and I like flying it I just don't think its up to par with what we expected from DJI.  At all!  I may sell mine and wait I am very disappointed at this point.
2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
Second Officer
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-20 11:56
Since they have not been released yet it remains to be seen.  My guess is that it will require the b ...

Man, I kind of feel like I have bought a Dell flying mother board loaded with Windows Vista or ME.
Tahoe ED please read my post above this one and help me out.
2015-6-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-18 08:39
Man, I kind of feel like I have bought a Dell flying mother board loaded with Windows Vista or ME.  ...

You need to call DJI and get an RMA.  It is as simple as that.  I cannot solve you issues online.
2015-6-17
Use props
doban.lucian
New

Romania

Hello ppl .

I have the same problem like yours with ESC ERROR ... my phantom He fcrash on the grass with engines running ... i stop the battery , and when a was at home ,I wanted to see if it still works .. but my phone app , tell me " ESC ERROR " .. and phanton can t start the motors .
    I hope to be cheaper than you how you said above .. because 600 $ is to mutch for many people . P2vision was good in this situation , with 40$ you was able to change esc ... but now ? now all option are in the motherboard .
    I hope to be able to replace the motherboard only what's broken . I hope DJs were expected and these issues
    Very sad for what happened to me. I hope I do not lose money and to be able to solve a lower cost than what you said above  
2015-6-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
Second Officer
United States

doban.lucian Posted at 2015-6-19 05:32
Hello ppl .

I have the same problem like yours with ESC ERROR ... my phantom He fcrash on the g ...

I am so sorry that this has happened to you, Did you buy with a credit card, or pay pal,  If you did you have some protection.  Call Dji and return for warranty.  I don't think it will cost you.  I would hope not.
2015-6-18
Use props
doban.lucian
New

Romania

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-19 08:11
I am so sorry that this has happened to you, Did you buy with a credit card, or pay pal,  If you d ...

Thank you for your answer. I sent the drone Diler where I bought it. They said they send it to them. I hope to be good. I thought I guarantee most will not do it if I hit it .... I expect to pay for the repair. I hope not expensive
2015-6-19
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-18 08:26
Great a 600.00 esc thats easy to swap out, you have to unsolder them all, instead of just one, remo ...

(A) I'm not an engineer so I'm positive I couldn't design anything better.
(B) I've heard rumors, but as per (A) they would be hard for me to verify
(C) the rumors are that darned near nothing on these babies is modular. If something goes wrong, it won't be a simple matter like replacing a single ESC, a single motor, etc. if you need to rebuild your bird you'll likely to be much less expensive to just start over.

There is some comfort in what someone wrote about the price of some of the so-called "spare parts." An outlay of another $600 (if that's what it takes) is better than starting totally over.
2015-6-19
Use props
Total
First Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I see you can buy a single motor. So not modular..
2015-6-19
Use props
mtnmaddman
Second Officer
United States

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phan ... D171828740610&rt=nc

yeah 4 of these and one non modular board = $P3A  
2015-6-19
Use props
jimbos1960
lvl.1

United States