1305 7 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chazzw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 665213 ft
United Kingdom

HI All,

So I received my Spark on 6th December. Its my first DJI drone. I got the fly more combo have purchased another battery so I have 3 in total. I also purchased an OTG cable & a Parabolic Antenna Range Booster for the RC.

Here’s some stats:

• Completed 40 flights
  • 3.5hours Total Flight time
  • iPhone X with latest Beta iOS & Latest DJI GO available
  • 2 x Minor Crash's (My Fault!)
  • 1 x Major Crash (My Fault, No Damage)
  • Flown with & without OTG Cable

I got this drone not expecting much as I hadn’t had anything to compare it too, I had been reading reviews for a long time before I took the plunge. All I can say is I absolutely LOVE it!  The crash's I have had have all been my fault & I’ve learnt from them.

• Don’t fly in even slight / moderate mist/fog (I should have RTFM'd!)
  • Don’t fly too low, too fast
  • Don’t Panic

I have an OTG cable and have used it twice, it offers nothing more for me at the moment that I can tell and I do have the constant “Weak image transmission” error.

I haven’t really been going for footage yet, I’m just using this time to get used to flying it and being able to predict what she will do. I have only had 2 "Disconnects" and it reconnected immediately but they were scary moments as one of them was over water. I will be going to the Lake District in early Feb and will be taking lots of photos from the air.

I always thought this product was a "Top of the Range Selfie Drone", I still agree with this but she does do other footage really well. I can defo see a Phantom purchase in the future!

Here is my best shot to date – Pano stitched with Lightroom

2017-12-29
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot...and keeping the thought of "Top of the Range Selfie Drone" is very wise.
2017-12-29
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Austria

Don’t fly in even slight / moderate mist/fog (I should have RTFM'd!),,  OK so I have not done the "RTFM" bit, but curious to know what happened when you flew in "slight/moderate mist/fog? .
2017-12-29
Use props
Chazzw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 665213 ft
United Kingdom

Flighty Posted at 2017-12-29 11:31
Don’t fly in even slight / moderate mist/fog (I should have RTFM'd!),,  OK so I have not done the "RTFM" bit, but curious to know what happened when you flew in "slight/moderate mist/fog? .

It dropped out of the sky from about 30ft in the air due to forced landing. Luckily it landed on long grass that broke its fall and not into the waterfall that I was recording!

The downward sensors measured the mist as the ground and so the Spark thought it was 1ft off the ground when it was actually about 45ft!   I tried to bring it down & it wouldn't come, I then pulled down on the stick again initiating a forced landing (I didn't realize this happened at the time!) so it slowly descended then dropped...

Completely my fault and lesson learned

2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Chazzw Posted at 2017-12-29 11:56
It dropped out of the sky from about 30ft in the air due to forced landing. Luckily it landed on long grass that broke its fall and not into the waterfall that I was recording!

The downward sensors measured the mist as the ground and so the Spark thought it was 1ft off the ground when it was actually about 45ft!   I tried to bring it down & it wouldn't come, I then pulled down on the stick again initiating a forced landing (I didn't realize this happened at the time!) so it slowly descended then dropped...

Thanks for your positive feedback. Glad you enjoy your drone. I would not recommend you fly across the mist and cloud. Please share your work with us.
2017-12-29
Use props
Chirpz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20256 ft
United States

Awesome sunset scene!!
2017-12-29
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Austria

Thanks Chazzw,, Reason for my question was that I also flew in Misty conditions and also suffered a hard landing!!!! Thanks for info,,,
2017-12-30
Use props
TomJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69098 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing this!  I have had about 25 flights and I also love flying it!  You are right that. You need to fly it a lot to learn it’s limitations and appreciate it for what it is.  Great photo too.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules