Basic questions about Osmo Mobile
1282 6 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BfwOt5j
lvl.1

United States

1. While using the Osmo Mobile with my iPhone 7+ if I need to stop using it temporarily, is there a suggested way for putting it down on a table or ground, etc. without it messing with calibration, motors, etc.?

2. I find that I sometimes end up accidentally manually moving my phone when I try to access on screen options in Filmic Pro. Is this bad for the motor? Should I just double-click on the trigger if I accidently move it?
3. At what point does it need to be recalibrated? If I turn it off but do not move the phone does it need recalibrated?

Thanks.

2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. If you don't need to use it for a long time, please turn it off. Or you can put it on Osmo Base. For your second question, I would not recommend you do in that way. Please turn off the osmo when you want to remove your phone. If you find your gimbal is not level when it is on, you can try to recalibrate it.
2017-12-30
Use props
djiuser_BfwOt5j
lvl.1

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-30 02:30
Hi, sir. If you don't need to use it for a long time, please turn it off. Or you can put it on Osmo Base. For your second question, I would not recommend you do in that way. Please turn off the osmo when you want to remove your phone. If you find your gimbal is not level when it is on, you can try to recalibrate it.

When I hold the trigger I want the phone to not move and stay in the same position. However, when I hold down the trigger,  the phone slowly pans in the direction I'm holding the gimbal. It does this  whether I'm holding the gimbal vertical or horizontal. I don't think the motor is doing this, it almost seems like it is just loose and the phone is moving based on the movement of my hand. How can this be corrected?

Thanks.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_BfwOt5j Posted at 2018-1-1 11:26
When I hold the trigger I want the phone to not move and stay in the same position. However, when I hold down the trigger,  the phone slowly pans in the direction I'm holding the gimbal. It does this  whether I'm holding the gimbal vertical or horizontal. I don't think the motor is doing this, it almost seems like it is just loose and the phone is moving based on the movement of my hand. How can this be corrected?

Thanks.

Hi, sir. When you hold the trigger, the gimbal will stay in the current position. Please ensure that the gimbal is level when it is off. Also, you can try to calibrate the gimbal. Please keep us updated.
2018-1-4
Use props
opo4k.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60410 ft
United States

yeh... you can use a rig like this one
2018-1-16
Use props
opo4k.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60410 ft
United States

yeh... you can use a rig like this one http://fotosafariproducts.com/osmoblackwing.html
2018-1-16
Use props
netcarlos
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello,
I'm new to Osmo Mobile and plan to buy it for enthusiastic shooting with iPhone 7, so I'd like to use additional wide angle lens.
From what I've read the best one without distortion and softening on the edges is from Moment.. (see shopmoment.com/shop/new-wide-lens )
But it requires a casing.. They do two versions .. plain case and battery case.
I wonder if Osmo Mobile can hold battery-case because that would be probably also solution to balancing the weight..
This battery case is only 8,1 mm thick.. (See shopmoment.com/shop/battery-photo-case )
Does anybody uses this casing succesfully or at least additional lenses with Osmo mobile?
Thanks!
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules