Mavic over Miami
806 10 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

Had fun flying at Bayfront Park in Miami last night!

2017-12-29
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Beautiful scenes, fun music, and great lighting/color.  One thing I'd bring up.  I've read in 3 different books on videography that transitions should be used very very sparingly.   The articles pointed out that you rarely see any in Hollywood movies or professional videos.  I used to put them between just about every cut.  Now, one or a very few total in my videos.  The best use, they said, is when there is a significant jump in time or place.  But when just going from one scene to another, the viewer's mind will easily adjust to the change of scenes, just as we do when watching movies.  Anyway, it was a beautiful set of scenes.
2017-12-29
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-12-29 21:39
Beautiful scenes, fun music, and great lighting/color.  One thing I'd bring up.  I've read in 3 different books on videography that transitions should be used very very sparingly.   The articles pointed out that you rarely see any in Hollywood movies or professional videos.  I used to put them between just about every cut.  Now, one or a very few total in my videos.  The best use, they said, is when there is a significant jump in time or place.  But when just going from one scene to another, the viewer's mind will easily adjust to the change of scenes, just as we do when watching movies.  Anyway, it was a beautiful set of scenes.

I was thinking I had overdone the transitions.  Thanks for the feedback!
2017-12-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great footage! HNY
2017-12-30
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

what settings did you utilize for this flight? I plan to do a day and night shot of the skyline but fly out from the Rusty Pelican side of the area.
2017-12-30
Use props
Tommy Comeau
New
United States

nice!! well done
2017-12-30
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

Dremundo Posted at 2017-12-30 13:51
what settings did you utilize for this flight? I plan to do a day and night shot of the skyline but fly out from the Rusty Pelican side of the area.

This whole video was shot in auto mode.  I was going to try and shoot from Key Biscayne as well but used up all of my batteries on two flights.
2018-1-9
Use props
fansdca88c7a
New
Flight distance : 7841 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-30 10:53
Great footage! HNY

http://Nice
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your link doesn't show anything
2018-1-20
Use props
DaveW666
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, firstly, great video. I'm visiting Miami for 10 days end-Feb and am planning to bring my mavic.  I need to check out the official rules for,there but I'd be grateful from your experience to know if there are any particular issues/restrictions I should be aware of flying out there, beyond the obvious airport NFZs etc. Thanks.
2018-1-21
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
United States

DaveW666 Posted at 2018-1-21 13:49
Hi, firstly, great video. I'm visiting Miami for 10 days end-Feb and am planning to bring my mavic.  I need to check out the official rules for,there but I'd be grateful from your experience to know if there are any particular issues/restrictions I should be aware of flying out there, beyond the obvious airport NFZs etc. Thanks.

Thank you for the complement!  Miami-Dade County is actually a great place to fly.  I live in Broward County, the next next county over.  There are many restrictions as far as where to fly in Broward.  There are only two parks which permit flying as opposed to almost every county park in Miami-Dade allowing it.  Just follow the FAA guidelines and use common sense and you will be fine.
   I have been chased away from an area in which I knew that I was allowed to fly.  Instead of arguing, I just landed and left.  It wasn't worth getting into an altercation and giving fellow drone enthusiasts a bad name.
Have fun on your trip and be sure to post your videos here!  All the best!
Lobstah
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules