Phantom 4 Advanced Gimbal Tilt
1368 12 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Laserred94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1611 ft
United States

I recently purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced. It had a drifting gimbal. When you yaw it would tilt, yaw the other way it would tilt the other direction. Sometimes it would level back out. DJI asked me to send it back. Since I bought it at BestBuy I returned it for another one. It does the same thing. DJI had me send a video and they again asked me to send it in for repair. I’ve read countless threads about gimbal drift tilt where people seem to have no luck fixing it. I’ve now returned that one for a refund, but I’m tempted to try another one. Do they all do this or has there possibly been a hardware update and the 2 I received had been on the shelf for a while. I did do all the recommended calibrations before returning them.
2017-12-29
Use props
Laserred94
lvl.1
United States

Gimbal drift tilt

I recently purchased a Phantom 4 Advanced. It had a drifting gimbal. When you yaw it would tilt, yaw the other way it would tilt the other direction. Sometimes it would level back out. DJI asked me to send it in. Since I bought it at Best BestBuy I returned it for another one. It does the same thing. DJI asked me to send a video and they again asked me to send it in for repair after telling me it was bad. I've read countless threads about gimbal drift tilt where people seem to have no luck fixing it. I have now return that one for a refund, but I'm tempted to try another one. Do they all do this or has there possibly been a hardware update and the two I received had been on the shelf for a while. I was running the latest firmware and did do all the recommended calibrations before returning them.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, could you please post a video of this issue here so we can look into it?
2017-12-29
Use props
Laserred94
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-29 20:15

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny0h13glkae5lur/DJI_0003.mp4?dl=0
2017-12-29
Use props
Laserred94
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-29 20:15

At times it would tilt farther than this. Towards the end of the clip it looks like I also raised the camera angle but I didn’t. It did it on its own. And sometimes it would stay pretty level. I just want to know if this is an on going issue or if there was a fix for it as I can’t find any newer threads on it. I found several but none in the last few months when I searched.
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Laserred94 Posted at 2017-12-29 20:55
At times it would tilt farther than this. Towards the end of the clip it looks like I also raised the camera angle but I didn’t. It did it on its own. And sometimes it would stay pretty level. I just want to know if this is an on going issue or if there was a fix for it as I can’t find any newer threads on it. I found several but none in the last few months when I searched.

Do you still remember what gimbal mode you were using when you record this video, FPV mode or Follow mode? Besides, may I know how did you contact DJI Support,  email, phone or online chat? Could you please provide me with your contact info so I can look into it?
2017-12-30
Use props
Laserred94
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-30 03:46
Do you still remember what gimbal mode you were using when you record this video, FPV mode or Follow mode? Besides, may I know how did you contact DJI Support,  email, phone or online chat? Could you please provide me with your contact info so I can look into it?

Follow mode. If I buy a 3rd should I expect it to do the same thing?
2017-12-30
Use props
fansfed3fda9
lvl.1
Germany

I recently upgraded from the P3A to the P4A and I am experiencing the same issue. What‘s the solution?
2018-6-12
Use props
Laserred94
lvl.1

I took them both back. All I got was the run around. They ask a million questions but never any answers. If you research it you will see others have the problem and never get them fixed,  not even after sending them in for  repair
I honestly think they all do it to a certain degree. Some people notice it, some don't. Some care and some don't.
2018-6-12
Use props
SirToby
lvl.1
Germany

Laserred94 Posted at 2018-6-12 18:21
I took them both back. All I got was the run around. They ask a million questions but never any answers. If you research it you will see others have the problem and never get them fixed,  not even after sending them in for  repair
I honestly think they all do it to a certain degree. Some people notice it, some don't. Some care and some don't.

Hi LaserRed94, thanks for your answer. So I will create a separate thread with a more detailed description and maybe also a video showing the issue.
2018-6-13
Use props
SirToby
lvl.1
Iceland

Now the beta (1.0.0800) has been provided to me, but the problem persists. DJI asks me to send it in...
A brand new product which does not work, and I can not wait for two weeks to exchange it - going on holidays and being booked to do aerials.
2018-6-22
Use props
SirToby
lvl.1
Germany

Wow. DJI sent me a replacement drone within four days - that‘s fast. Unfortunately it contains just one battery (my package contained two) and that one battery is dead. I am going on holidays - now probably without a drone. :-(
2018-7-12
Use props
SirToby
lvl.1
Germany

Meanwhile the second battery arrived and I was able to test the drone: the camera is perfectly leveled with each movement - as expected.

Unfortunately the dead battery has not been replaced in time. I am really wondering why I get a replacement drone with a dead battery - this does seem to be a repaired or refurbished drone, but I sent in a brand new drone that I had for 10 days.
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules