Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5R built-in lens profile not correcting chromatic aberration pro...
1076 7 2017-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martinfueloep
First Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

When using my X5R with the Olympus 25/1.8 for filming RAW, there seems to be a problem with the opcode for lateral chromatic aberration written to the DNGs.
The mp4-proxies recorded on the SD-card do not show any chromatic aberration, but when I process the DNGs with Adobe Camera RAW or Lightroom, the integrated lens profile produces massive chromatic aberration.
There is no difference wether I use the X5R with the Osmo or the Inspire.

I am on the actual firmware and use Cinelight 0.9.26. In the meantime I found out that the X5S has had the same problem,but it has been solved with a firmware update some months ago.

I will attach a sample image in my next post...
2017-12-29
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
  • >>>
Austria

As a test I have used DNG Cleaner for Apple to erase the integrated profile and when doing that, Adobe Camera Raw imports the DNGs without integrated profile and without any chromatic aberration.

The downside of DNG Cleaner is that it is one more step in processing the RAWs, and Premiere Pro will not accept the files as a sequence.
Here are links to the DNGs:
Original file (will be accepted by premiere pro cc's media browser, actual version)
File with erased integrated lens profile (will not be accepted by premiere pro)

2017-12-29
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Here are two jpg's I have processed with Adobe Camera Raw, where you can see the difference between the original file with the corrupt lens profile and the "cleaned" file, where I have erased the lens profile with DNG cleaner.

DJI, please solve that bug and make the X5R (or Cinelight) write a correct opcode to the Cinema-DNGs as soon as possible. Thank's!

DJI_A01118_C016_20171219_001200_Original.jpg
DJI_A01118_C016_20171219_001200_wo_Profile.jpg
2017-12-29
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
  • >>>
Austria

With Stephen's help I have found an intermediate solution to my problem:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2431111

So I can erase the integrated faulty lens profile for the time until DJI fixes that either in Cinelight or in the X5R's firmware.
2017-12-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I've noticed a far more generalized issue with the DJI cameras with a magenta cast overall, and seems to affect a lot of cloud scenes and purplish skies.  For whatever reason, DJI does not provide a Tint Control for Magenta/Green in their cameras and it hurts more in any Manual White Balance settings I primarily use in conjunction with a color temperature meter.  It's why some editing software goes nuts in the magenta-green scale when trying to correct for it and you end up with color-crossover issues the in the light-to-dark areas as well.

My solution has been to fly with a color correction green filter.  I alternate between a CC05 Green and a stronger CC10 Green depending on the day's sunlight as well as the tint of a lens.  It's a pain, but DJI hasn't fixed this matter to the extent other makers allow for in their menu software on their cameras (i.e. A Blue/Orange(Yellow) as well as a Magenta/Green slider as in my Olympus and Nikon both. Olympus uses a slider scale for both.  Nikon uses a X-Y axis box.).  It's been an omitted DJI issue for years now.

Poor manual white balance in DJI camera.

Poor manual white balance in DJI camera.
2017-12-30
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
  • >>>
Austria

We are talking about completly different things.
A general color tint has nothing to do with the chromatic aberration caused by the faulty lens profile.

My X5R is a little bit redish, too, but so are the other Sony-sensors I know. I am always filming raw and color grade with Adobe Camera Raw, where I can reduce the saturation and push the tint for the reds and the blues and get - for my taste - perfect results - apart the problem with the chromatic aberration when filming with the Olympus 25
2017-12-30
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I've used opcode remover and never had a problem creating a sequence in After Effects. I only use Premiere for importing AE files and rendering. I don't know if Premiere would handle them any differently but the few times I've have had problem creating a sequence, it was resolved by doing a batch rename in Bridge. Opcode Remover is also required whenever you use a manual lens. Another of DJI's problems that they have not resolved. I do prefer it over ExifTool so you might have an option of either one.
2017-12-30
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Thanks for your input! I have been searching for Opcode remover but was not able to find a working Download,that's why I sticked to Exiftool.
But I am quite interested in trying opcode remover...
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules