5367 9 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Realitybytes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69724 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I am a new drone pilot and am the proud owner of a Mavic Pro which i have taken out for a few test flights. Each time during flight, the DJI Go software disconnected, but i was able to land the drone successfully using the RTH function on the RC. I have since done a bit of research into the possible reasons for the disconnections of which there appear to be many potential causes but nothing concrete.

What strikes me though, is that as this is such a prevalent issue that is fundamental to the continued enjoyment of flying a drone, that DJI themselves should provide some advice in regards to this problem. I have not found any comments from them on the forum which is rather strange. I dont think that anybody should be expect to pay £1,000.00 for any product that has the potential to cause a catastrophic incident, i.e. drone flying off into sunset, without this matter being dealt with by the Developer.

Maybe DJI would care to respond to this thread?
2017-12-30
Use props
Vandesande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115640 ft
Belgium

I’m a 4 day Mavic owner. After unboxing my Christmas present it took half an hour for updating the drone, remote contrôle,... Installing the DJI 4 app on my iPhone 7 Plus. And take it out for a first flight. My experience is that de video-signal sometimes loses connection. The remote always keeps the connection. But it’s scary when you noticed that your Mavic lost his eyes in mid-flight. After 4 days of experimenting I found some solutions.
1. Close all other apps before flying. (Flight-mode is not necessary, but can be safer in flight...)
2. Lost video-connection? Unplug en replug the cable to your Iphone. The video is back in 5 seconds.
3. Because you can hit the RTH function on the RC, you always have a backup in case of trouble.

Hopefully I stay enjoying this Mavic like I do now, because it’s a awesome piece of bird!  
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. What is the error message from the app? What is the model of your device? Please follow the advice above. You can try to change a cable and use the devices in the recommended list. Did you try to change an environment? Please ensure that there is no interference around your drone.
2017-12-30
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Been having this problem for months.
2017-12-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

What type of mobile device are you using and specifically which operating system (e.g., which version of Android or iOS) are you using? Bulldog's problem is likely related to the fact that he's using an unsupported device, and some others have found that switching to airplane mode during flight helps, so you might look into those two things. Otherwise, you do always have the option of opening a case with DJI and having them work through it with you.
2017-12-30
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey since 2 days i am mavic owner i did 2 flights already and i noticed the same problem the app crashed 2 times no error message just i opened it again and the connection was back.this i weird to me also because my smartphone is really powerful Oneplus 3T i never had problems with other drones.
2017-12-30
Use props
Realitybytes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-30 05:07
What type of mobile device are you using and specifically which operating system (e.g., which version of Android or iOS) are you using? Bulldog's problem is likely related to the fact that he's using an unsupported device, and some others have found that switching to airplane mode during flight helps, so you might look into those two things. Otherwise, you do always have the option of opening a case with DJI and having them work through it with you.

Im using a One Plus 3T with Android V8. i think that DJI Go app wasnt written for v8, which may be part of the problem, im going to try Aeroplane Mode and the Gaming Do Not Disturb function too, to see if that helps.
2017-12-30
Use props
Vandesande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115640 ft
Belgium

Today it was  rainy and windy, so it was the perfect time for testing the connection (indoor without flying). I noticed that when the facebook app on the IPhone was running on the background, the “problems” starts. When I totally closed the app (facebook) everything seemed fine...

Maybe that’s the conflict?

2017-12-30
Use props
Realitybytes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So, i took my Mavic out today after a couple of weeks of poor weather where i couldnt fly, taking on board some of the advice received to date: i went to a new location, i put my One Plus 3T into airplane mode and set DJI GO4 to Gaming Do Not Disturb function, and had a faultless flight.
2018-1-14
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I have the Crystal Sky Ultra display and I get that problem whenever the temperature gets above 75F. When the display starts getting hot, it will lose connection with the a/c. In my case yesterday, it happened 12 minutes into the flight. Fortunately, the a/c was facing toward home point, so I just pushed forward on the stick and spotted the a/c.
If the a/c happens to be a long way out, one can use RTH, but it's a gamble that the a/c received the RTH signal and if it didn't, you could be waiting long precious minutes for an a/c that is running its battery down by hovering at the point where it disconnected.
My most recent disconnection caused me to download the logs from the a/c itself and analyze. The a/c never experienced any loss of signal or minor signal errors during the entire flight, so the problem is between the remote and the display.
2019-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules