Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I send it to DJI or are there other options??
1431 5 2015-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyingduck88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

I had a complete power loss that resulted in a crash of my 2 ½ month old P2V+V3. The camera and gimbal are trashed but luckily the bird itself seems to be undamaged. It’s still within the warranty period and since the crash was caused by a an obvious malfunction I’m HOPING that they will do the right thing and repair it under warranty AND FIND WHAT CAUSED THE POWER FAILURE.

I’m reading all the horror stories now about DJI keeping others birds for 8 weeks +!! I’m not in a big hurry but don’t want to have my Phantom held hostage indefinitely since here in the Midwest the flying season is limited. I have it boxed up and an RMA to send it back to DJI in Torrance, CA. The question is, are they the only option for warranty and repair service?
Any advice or alternative options that others here have would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
2015-4-20
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

there is dronenerds.com,  atlantahobby.com - just type in drone repair on google and you will get lots of results.  Check to see if any do warranty repairs.
2015-4-20
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-20 19:10
there is dronenerds.com,  atlantahobby.com - just type in drone repair on google and you will get lo ...

Thanks for the tips nrgwise! Called…..don’t do warranty repair. If dji screws me I’ll be calling one of them though.
2015-4-20
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

flyingduck88@gm Posted at 2015-4-20 23:24
Thanks for the tips nrgwise! Called…..don’t do warranty repair. If dji screws me I’ll be callin ...

I thought Atlanta hobby did, guess not.  There is another one but I don't think they do warranty repair.  However, when I had my crash, before I decided to do the rebuild myself I was going to send it to them.

usdronerepair
2015-4-20
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

If it is under warranty then DJI otherwise send to a local shop.
2015-4-20
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I just called a few local shops.  Drone Nerds was the only to call me back after messages left on weekend.  Drone Nerds is an authorized service center, and when I advised the gimbal yaw arm is bent, they told me that they cannot get gimbal parts, as DJI does not sell them.  Only option is replacement of whole assembly, which is almost 700 bucks.  I am shipping to DJI today.

Nrgwise, I sent a message to USdronerepair, if I get a reply before I ship, I'll update post.  Guessing it will be same story if they cannot get this part.  Guessing anyone attempting to bend yaw arm back will be a crap shoot.
2015-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules