Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Confusion
1146 7 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pepere
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2792 ft
United States

It seems the more I read, the more confused I get

I’m new to drones and Spark is my first. I’ve tried to read and watch videos to learn from other peoples experience   I was of the understanding that pre-flight with AC, RC and device (I’m using iPad mini) would identify all required upgrades allowing same through DJI Go 4. .... Then I read about DJI assistant; after spending some time downloading to tablet (yes, I know your lol permitted here) I got it running on laptop. Connected AC to test drive and learned that upgrade was needed.  I went through pre-flight with AC,RC and all batteries sequentially; each got consistent firmware and ready to fly. Weather not good so did more reading... this is where present confusion begins: Do I need to go through AC check with DJI Assistant for every battery? Isn’t pre-flight through Go 4 100% reliable in reference to upgrades? Wouldn’t continually having to engage/disengage for testing speed up wear and tear of mechanism (possibly?) leading to battery dropout in flight?

Also: in another thread administrator noted that current DJI Go 4 version is v4.1.22.     I have not gotten notice to upgrade and version on App Store is 4.1.20 (installed)   Wouldn’t DJI wait until upgraded version is available for all platforms before making this statement?

Again; the help and advice of all of the veterans on this forum is greatly appreciated

“I’m growing older, but not up”
2017-12-30
Use props
Pepere
lvl.3
United States

Sorry....meant to post to Discussions
2017-12-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Yes, you have to check for updates for each battery too.
2017-12-30
Use props
Pepere
lvl.3
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-30 04:45
Yes, you have to check for updates for each battery too.

Can that be done through Go 4 or best through Assistant?
2017-12-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Battery updates can be done with Go 4 it will give you a notice of a inconsistent firmware for every battery that needs updating.  Now go out and fly
2017-12-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Pepere Posted at 2017-12-30 05:09
Can that be done through Go 4 or best through Assistant?

Both are possible, personally I find it more convenient with DJI Assistant.
2017-12-30
Use props
Pepere
lvl.3
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-30 05:54
Both are possible, personally I find it more convenient with DJI Assistant.

Sorry to seem dense but another string on same subject confusing me.
In summary though, if I do preflight through DJI Go 4 and do not get a “inconsistent firmware” warning, is that an indication that AC, RC and battery are all updated?

Thanks again
2017-12-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Pepere Posted at 2017-12-30 06:09
Sorry to seem dense but another string on same subject confusing me.
In summary though, if I do preflight through DJI Go 4 and do not get a “inconsistent firmware” warning, is that an indication that AC, RC and battery are all updated?

Yes, then all should be fine.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules