Assistant - reboot aircraft, gimball noise.
782 7 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

I've got another craft from DJI repair service with the latest firmware v02.00.0106 but on it after booting craft the gimball makes some weird noise like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq-4m9m8PBw

This sound didn't happened on v01.02.0602 which I wan't to have in my craft, but my P4 jumps like kangaroo in taking off and landing like here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWKpUPQ0nxM

Calibrating VPS is impossible(!), assistant gives me popup about reboot aircraft
https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201703/04/021140kzxixxxbi7z4l555.png
This message shows only on v01.02.0602. I've calibrated VPS on v02.00.0106 without any problems.
I would like to have previous firmware because the flight was more stable and slowly than actually aggresive moves in this buggy firmware.

I don't understand that individual problems on the same firmware. Mine has problems as above, other pilots has another problems...

2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I have the last repair case number when you send the unit in? As for the gimbal noise, the video you offered is one year ago, and I'd suggest to record a short video with your drone and the latest firmware for better assistance. Regarding the VPS calibration, please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 and restart the unit to check again.
2017-12-30
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

Of course:

is this normal in 0:14 the gimball moves sharply to the right and centering slowly?

according to above link, I can hear a difference in intro sound. If my drone starts first after long time (a few hours) there are intro sound without 'echo', I mean this:

Actually, I'm using latest firmware (no beta) which allows me to calibrate VPS. With 0602 tried reinstall, reboot craft, change PC/system etc. without results.

CAS-1246819
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

owiecPL Posted at 2017-12-31 03:13
Of course:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogygC7qy6WI
is this normal in 0:14 the gimball moves sharply to the right and centering slowly?

Sir, I'm sorry for the late response first. Regarding the gimbal, will it be centered in the end? If yes, no need to worry about this. As for the second video, do you refer the sound of ultrasonic? If yes, it is a normal phenomenon.

BTW, please click the Reply button under my message, so that I can get the reminder and handle it timely. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-1-14
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-14 23:17
Sir, I'm sorry for the late response first. Regarding the gimbal, will it be centered in the end? If yes, no need to worry about this. As for the second video, do you refer the sound of ultrasonic? If yes, it is a normal phenomenon.

BTW, please click the Reply button under my message, so that I can get the reminder and handle it timely. Thanks for your cooperation.

Dear Susan,
Thank You for Your response.
Yeah, the gimbal will be centered but I'm curious if it's normal operation during startup? Have You dear Phantom 4 users have the same gimball procedure at startup?
No, I know it's ultrasonic. If You watch (hear ) these video again You can hear two type of intro music sound. One of them has the 'echo' effects like always (and like Your all videos on yt ) , second movie has intro without these effect. I've tested and it depends of 'cold start' (first start after long time) and hot start (restart aircraft for example). I'm asking what is the reason and could someone confirm if Your drone has other sound during startup?

What about this weird sound during startup gimball? What if it will broke gimball controller after warranty time?

Regards
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

owiecPL Posted at 2018-1-20 11:31
Dear Susan,
Thank You for Your response.
Yeah, the gimbal will be centered but I'm curious if it's normal operation during startup? Have You dear Phantom 4 users have the same gimball procedure at startup?

The gimbal camera will do self-inspection once start up, and finally centered. It will not affect the normal usage, no worries. Regarding the intro sound, it depends on the conduction time of motors. That's the cold and hot start you mentioned above, and we confirm this is a normal phenomenon as well.
2018-1-23
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-23 00:05
The gimbal camera will do self-inspection once start up, and finally centered. It will not affect the normal usage, no worries. Regarding the intro sound, it depends on the conduction time of motors. That's the cold and hot start you mentioned above, and we confirm this is a normal phenomenon as well.

Dear Susan,
Thank You for comprehensive answer.
Hope the new firmware for P4 will be available soon.

Regards
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

owiecPL Posted at 2018-1-23 01:40
Dear Susan,
Thank You for comprehensive answer.
Hope the new firmware for P4 will be available soon.

You are welcome. The latest P4 Official firmware has been released, please visit this link: https://forum.dji.com/thread-130996-1-1.html
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules