Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Flight Logs (DJI Assistant 2)
8923 37 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damoUK
First Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm not able to find the flight logs in DJI Assistant 2 (1.1.6 or 1.1.8)...

I initially thought this was just because I've recently been using Ground Station Pro which does not save flight logs (Please DJI sort this out, GSP needs to capture flight log data!), but today I flew (albeit briefly, due to strong winds), with DJI Go 4 (4.1.20 (3034) on iOS) - and still no flight logs in DJI Assistant 2 - I just get the wait spinner, with no list of data files (this has been in this spinning timer state for 40 minutes now):
2017-12-30_LI.jpg

To clarify, I have installed (and reinstalled several times) DJI assistant 2 using both Admin rights and the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" methods, the drone is seen fine and the AC firmware is the latest released as of writing this (01.04.0100) - the firmware was installed through this install of DJI Assistant 2 the day after it came out.

How can I get hold of the detailed flight logs please? Is there another way to get to the files or correct this behaviour?

Thanks in advance
2017-12-30
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

What kind of details are you looking for? Will accessing the logs saved to DJI Go 4.x suffice?
Also, have you tried using another cable? I always use the charging cable that came with my Mavic, which I know works.
2017-12-30
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-12-30 10:44
What kind of details are you looking for? Will accessing the logs saved to DJI Go 4.x suffice?
Also, have you tried using another cable? I always use the charging cable that came with my Mavic, which I know works.

I'm really not looking for anything special at the moment, it's more the point that it's not available or working and therefore if I do run into problems I've got no way of getting that data off!!

I wondered if (hoped) DJI might actually respond with a fix or suggestion too, and/or any update on whether they're going to add data recording to the GSP App.
FWIW, I've tried half a dozen different USB cables and none of them have worked including the one from DJI.
2017-12-31
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... with one of the last FW updates filesystem on the MP changed... they forgot to release an update for DJI Assistant 2... Therefore DJI Assistant can't find these logs... They promised that an update of DJI Assistant would be released soon, but that was many months ago...
2017-12-31
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

Mari Posted at 2017-12-31 07:49
... with one of the last FW updates filesystem on the MP changed... they forgot to release an update for DJI Assistant 2... Therefore DJI Assistant can't find these logs... They promised that an update of DJI Assistant would be released soon, but that was many months ago...

Is that confirmed by DJI? Read about a few people with similar problems, with no comment from DJI!
2017-12-31
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

The last update of DJI Assistant 2 (1.1.6) and one of the earlier FW version was to remove the "debug-mode", so we were not longer able to change parameters outside DJI Go app.

Somewhere on this forum there is a reply from someone of DJI that since they changed things in FW, DJI Assistant 2 needs update... This forum is a pain in the butt for finding things back that are posted some time ago... Search option suxx so to say... Will try to find it back and post link...
2017-12-31
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

Mari Posted at 2017-12-31 09:17
The last update of DJI Assistant 2 (1.1.6) and one of the earlier FW version was to remove the "debug-mode", so we were not longer able to change parameters outside DJI Go app.

Somewhere on this forum there is a reply from someone of DJI that since they changed things in FW, DJI Assistant 2 needs update... This forum is a pain in the butt for finding things back that are posted some time ago... Search option suxx so to say... Will try to find it back and post link...

Thanks Mari - good to know, let's see if they respond to this thread too!
2017-12-31
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

Still searching for that post in which someone of DJI tells that DJI Assisant 2 needs update...

Found another thread which maybe of some help:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=112284
2017-12-31
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

Found the post...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=110600

Post #38... content of e-mail from DJI Support...
2017-12-31
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

Interesting thanks - that was from August/September and it's now (very very nearly) January. Hopefully someone from DJI can give an update (Please DJI?)
2017-12-31
Use props
eried
First Officer
Flight distance : 655830 ft
Norway

I also hope that the new version come up soon too. Several months ago I noticed this issue but it seems not even dji knows about the issue
2017-12-31
Use props
nnote
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

I cant get any logs off my remote or my mavic. Heck, most of the time with the mavic usb'd to my computer it see's the two internal storage (sd card and ?) and they wont even open so I can get my files.
2017-12-31
Use props
djiuser_larry
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70200 ft
United States

Yes, I posted a related DJI Assistant question a couple days ago. How the 1.1.6 version (mine is Apple) works is kind of flakey. Sometimes the data files don't appear but will show up if you turn the drone off and on, plug and unplug the USB connection, and/or kill and restart the program.

I haven't seen, though, a valid flight DAT file for my Mavic since around September. All recent DAT files are just little garbage files.

I've never been able to get the DJI Assistant Flight Data viewer to do anything at all. Poorly written and instructions don't make sense.

Some of the problems may be related to the more recent MP firmware upgrades. For me it's hard to tell. I think DJI Assistant needs some serious update work but I've used it successfully to upload MP and RC firmware a few times.
2017-12-31
Use props
JensIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 207631 ft
  • >>>

I seem to be having similar issues. When trying to find the cause of an in-flight shutdown I discovered that most of the flight logs are not there on the Mavic, or the DJI Assistant is not able to find them.
What is particularly puzzling in my case is that I can find many small logs of the times I have powered on my Mavic but not flown, for example when I was setting up the drone or checking settings etc. inside my house. But out of my twenty-something flights I have made since getting the Mavic in early december I can only find one using the Assistant software.
The .txt logs on my tablet are all there, documenting all my flights, but they contain very little information and are not useful in investigating the in-flight shutdown.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, now only DJI GO 4 app will generate the flight records. For the data accessing, please try to restart the drone and the DJI Assistant 2, or reboot the PC. See if it works.
2018-1-3
Use props
JensIR
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-3 02:00
Hi there, now only DJI GO 4 app will generate the flight records. For the data accessing, please try to restart the drone and the DJI Assistant 2, or reboot the PC. See if it works.

Thanks Thor,
I do know that the Go 4 app will generate the .txt flight records, these are not my problem, they are all there on my tablet, all nice and regular.
My problem is finding the appropriate entries (.DAT files) corresponding to each flight I have made, under the "Data Upload" menu in the DJI Assistant when I connect the Mavic. There are for the most part no entries in that list corresponding to the flight I have made.
I have tried everything you suggest multiple times, and I am for the most part only seeing log entries from the times I start the drone without flying it (without starting the motors).
As a starting point, just to clarify:
Can you confirm that the Mavic is indeed supposed to generate one new entry in the "Data Upload" list every time I make a flight with it? In my case it seems it is NOT doing so, or else the DJI Assistant software is unable to find all of them or display them in the list.
2018-1-3
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-3 02:00
Hi there, now only DJI GO 4 app will generate the flight records. For the data accessing, please try to restart the drone and the DJI Assistant 2, or reboot the PC. See if it works.

Hi DJI Thor,

I'm not really clear what you're saying either! I've tried everything you suggested with DJI Assistant 2, but can't see any files, nothing - the only thing I can do is firmware updates. So are you saying that the Mavic no longer records any data for us to access with DJI Assistant 2 and that we only have the option of using DJI Go 4 to get flight data? If that is true, how do we recover our data if the Mavic loses connection to the app or the app crashes?
2018-1-3
Use props
JCoraggio42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80719 ft
United States

JensIR Posted at 2018-1-2 04:10
I seem to be having similar issues. When trying to find the cause of an in-flight shutdown I discovered that most of the flight logs are not there on the Mavic, or the DJI Assistant is not able to find them.
What is particularly puzzling in my case is that I can find many small logs of the times I have powered on my Mavic but not flown, for example when I was setting up the drone or checking settings etc. inside my house. But out of my twenty-something flights I have made since getting the Mavic in early december I can only find one using the Assistant software.
The .txt logs on my tablet are all there, documenting all my flights, but they contain very little information and are not useful in investigating the in-flight shutdown.

I am having the same problem where I have multiple small files (usually under 1MB each) for a flight but I cannot access the actual full DAT file. Have you figured anything out about this?
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JensIR Posted at 2018-1-3 03:31
Thanks Thor,
I do know that the Go 4 app will generate the .txt flight records, these are not my problem, they are all there on my tablet, all nice and regular.
My problem is finding the appropriate entries (.DAT files) corresponding to each flight I have made, under the "Data Upload" menu in the DJI Assistant when I connect the Mavic. There are for the most part no entries in that list corresponding to the flight I have made.

Yes, the data on the drone will be generated once you power on the drone. If you are not able to find the previous flight data, please help to confirm when the furthest data that you can access, the former data might be overwritten when space is insufficient. Or you can make screenshots of the flight record and the corresponding date on the data list. I'll help to check, thanks.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-3 10:16
Hi DJI Thor,

I'm not really clear what you're saying either! I've tried everything you suggested with DJI Assistant 2, but can't see any files, nothing - the only thing I can do is firmware updates. So are you saying that the Mavic no longer records any data for us to access with DJI Assistant 2 and that we only have the option of using DJI Go 4 to get flight data? If that is true, how do we recover our data if the Mavic loses connection to the app or the app crashes?

Sorry mate, I should've made it more clear, only DJI GO 4 will generate flight records, Flight Controller Data will be created no matter which app you use. If you are not able to access the data, the cursor just keeps spinning, may I know if you are using Mavic Pro or the Platinum version? Please reinstall the corresponding DJI Assistant version on the official website (MP uses 1.1.6, MPP 1.2.0). If it doesn't help, you might need to change another computer to try. Appreciate your cooperation.
2018-1-4
Use props
JensIR
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-4 01:32
Yes, the data on the drone will be generated once you power on the drone. If you are not able to find the previous flight data, please help to confirm when the furthest data that you can access, the former data might be overwritten when space is insufficient. Or you can make screenshots of the flight record and the corresponding date on the data list. I'll help to check, thanks.

OK, let me reiterate: Like I have described several times now, my problem seems to be that the DJI Assistant show SOME data files, but not all that are supposed to be there, and it is not sequential, in other words there are missing files from flights newer than many of the files I can see. Those that show are mostly only from occasions where I switched the drone on but did not fly. Every time I power the drone up to connect it to the PC it seems to create a small file. But when I power it up and fly it, the file is missing (or at least that is what it looks like so far).
Yesterday I powered up the drone to try once again to offload the data (still same result). But it confirmed that every time I power up there is a new small data file appearing afterwards. I can see many such files, ranging in date all the way back to the first days I owned the drone (early December) and correctly corresponding the the times i know I powered it up. But the files from my actual flights a just few days ago seems NOT to be there. Nor are there any other files that coincide in date/time and content with any of the flights I have made (with one exception). The one flight I can find is one of the first I did, I have done many since.
So in my case it is NOT a case of overwriting the oldest files, there are many older files that still show but the  newer ones that are supposed to be there are missing, except for those small files which are "non-flights" (just power on).
Like I already mentioned also: I will try as soon as I can to make a controlled test flight and then immideately after connect it to the PC to see if a data file is created or not. But this may not happen for some days yet (weather, daylight and time restrictions makes the "flying window" very narrow)
2018-1-4
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-4 01:43
Sorry mate, I should've made it more clear, only DJI GO 4 will generate flight records, Flight Controller Data will be created no matter which app you use. If you are not able to access the data, the cursor just keeps spinning, may I know if you are using Mavic Pro or the Platinum version? Please reinstall the corresponding DJI Assistant version on the official website (MP uses 1.1.6, MPP 1.2.0). If it doesn't help, you might need to change another computer to try. Appreciate your cooperation.

After 6 uninstalls and re-installs of DJI Assistant 2 (1.1.6), it finally worked!! Not sure if this will last, but at least I can access the drone now. It does seem like DJI Assistant 2 is very unstable software that could do with a bit of work though, I'm pretty sure it's not my laptop!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JensIR Posted at 2018-1-4 03:40
OK, let me reiterate: Like I have described several times now, my problem seems to be that the DJI Assistant show SOME data files, but not all that are supposed to be there, and it is not sequential, in other words there are missing files from flights newer than many of the files I can see. Those that show are mostly only from occasions where I switched the drone on but did not fly. Every time I power the drone up to connect it to the PC it seems to create a small file. But when I power it up and fly it, the file is missing (or at least that is what it looks like so far).
Yesterday I powered up the drone to try once again to offload the data (still same result). But it confirmed that every time I power up there is a new small data file appearing afterwards. I can see many such files, ranging in date all the way back to the first days I owned the drone (early December) and correctly corresponding the the times i know I powered it up. But the files from my actual flights a just few days ago seems NOT to be there. Nor are there any other files that coincide in date/time and content with any of the flights I have made (with one exception). The one flight I can find is one of the first I did, I have done many since.
So in my case it is NOT a case of overwriting the oldest files, there are many older files that still show but the  newer ones that are supposed to be there are missing, except for those small files which are "non-flights" (just power on).

Yes, I understand that. So I would like to have the screenshots which would indicate that you had flown (according to the flight record) but the flight controller data doesn't seem to be generated, in this way, I will have more powerful evidence to forward to our engineers to check this case. Thank you so much for understanding.
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-4 12:30
After 6 uninstalls and re-installs of DJI Assistant 2 (1.1.6), it finally worked!! Not sure if this will last, but at least I can access the drone now. It does seem like DJI Assistant 2 is very unstable software that could do with a bit of work though, I'm pretty sure it's not my laptop!

Thank you for the update. Please let me know if it appears not working in the future. Thank you.
2018-1-5
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

For those having the same problem as me (no logs visible on the original Mavic Pro - NOT Platinum), I tried 1.1.8 and 1.2.0 versions, over and over, and neither worked, only 1.1.6 eventually worked after 6 installs - using the reboot to allow unsigned drivers trick every time. Persistence paid off, though I still think DJI need to work on this program to make it more reliable!
2018-1-6
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173432 ft
Australia

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-6 01:30
For those having the same problem as me (no logs visible on the original Mavic Pro - NOT Platinum), I tried 1.1.8 and 1.2.0 versions, over and over, and neither worked, only 1.1.6 eventually worked after 6 installs - using the reboot to allow unsigned drivers trick every time. Persistence paid off, though I still think DJI need to work on this program to make it more reliable!

I would be so grateful if someone in the know could advise what the current state of play is with regards to accessing and interpreting flight logs.
2018-1-7
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

Andyh77777 Posted at 2018-1-7 21:03
I would be so grateful if someone in the know could advise what the current state of play is with regards to accessing and interpreting flight logs.

As I understand it, Flight logs can be accessed through your mobile device as they are stored by  DJI Go 4. These are either accessed through the app to view the flight history or can be loaded into Phantomhelp as has been detailed a lot on these forums in the past. Mavic data records, basically like a black box containing sensor records and other details stored by the drone are accessed from the drone itself using DJI Assistant 2, and are not so easy to read/view or understand.
2018-1-7
Use props
Andyh77777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173432 ft
Australia

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-7 23:21
As I understand it, Flight logs can be accessed through your mobile device as they are stored by  DJI Go 4. These are either accessed through the app to view the flight history or can be loaded into Phantomhelp as has been detailed a lot on these forums in the past. Mavic data records, basically like a black box containing sensor records and other details stored by the drone are accessed from the drone itself using DJI Assistant 2, and are not so easy to read/view or understand.

I have had my first drone, a Mavic Pro, for nearly a week now.  I would feel a lot more confident if I was able to review the logs after a flight.  Your black box comment makes me wonder why DJI would appear to be making this difficult.  I have looked at the DAT files that are present on the MP and have opened these with CsvView but have not found much of use so far.  I have also not found
any DAT files of any recent flights.

Does any documentation spring to mind that might help a newbie acquire the relevant data and then drill down into performance and operation details?

2018-1-8
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

Andyh77777 Posted at 2018-1-8 01:28
I have had my first drone, a Mavic Pro, for nearly a week now.  I would feel a lot more confident if I was able to review the logs after a flight.  Your black box comment makes me wonder why DJI would appear to be making this difficult.  I have looked at the DAT files that are present on the MP and have opened these with CsvView but have not found much of use so far.  I have also not found
any DAT files of any recent flights.

I'm no expert, but I think you're over-thinking it.  My original reason for concern was more that the DJI Assistant 2 to Mavic link should work and wasn't rather than what's actually in the DAT files, but having delved into them, I realise there's little point.

Just my opinion, but the flight records you can get from the DJI Go 4 app give you as much information as you're really ever going to need for normal levels of involvement with flying the Mavic, including the status of the drone and the controller throughout each flight. The DAT files on the aircraft are really there for DJI to analyse in the case of a major problem or fly-away loss (assuming you are able to recover the drone if you lose it), the fact that a few people have found ways to extract SOME of the data contained within these files gives the community a bit of extra insight, but it isn't of much use unless you really understand what you're looking at and what all the complex sensor data is returning (there are a few in the community on here that do understand it pretty well and can help interpret the data if you have a problem).

FWIW, I will be sticking to reviewing the flight log in the app and using the TXT files downloadable from the app in conjunction with PhantomHelp.
2018-1-8
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-5 23:58
Thank you for the update. Please let me know if it appears not working in the future. Thank you.

I might have got lucky last time, but I plugged in today - same USB Port, Same USB cable, same installation of DJI Assistant 2, in fact, everything identical = no logs and permanent timer trying to access them!! Come on, you need to sort out the poor reliability!
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-14 14:40
I might have got lucky last time, but I plugged in today - same USB Port, Same USB cable, same installation of DJI Assistant 2, in fact, everything identical = no logs and permanent timer trying to access them!! Come on, you need to sort out the poor reliability!

Since now DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 released for Mavic Pro, could you please try that version? I tried my PC, it doesn't have the same issue. Please also tell me the system of your PC, thank you.
2018-1-19
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-19 02:45
Since now DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 released for Mavic Pro, could you please try that version? I tried my PC, it doesn't have the same issue. Please also tell me the system of your PC, thank you.

Thanks DJI Thor, I will try it when I get home this evening. For clarity, is it best to UNINSTALL the previous version, or OK to just install without removing the previous version? (Windows user) And is there likely to be a problem with the driver signing this time, needing the "unsigned driver reboot" to be carried out?
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-19 03:30
Thanks DJI Thor, I will try it when I get home this evening. For clarity, is it best to UNINSTALL the previous version, or OK to just install without removing the previous version? (Windows user) And is there likely to be a problem with the driver signing this time, needing the "unsigned driver reboot" to be carried out?

Hi DamoUK, we suggest uninstall the original Assistant 2 first and reinstall the related version. Some of the users might need to disable signed driver enforcement, but some might not need to. You can try to follow the steps and install the application and see if it works.
2018-1-22
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-22 01:40
Hi DamoUK, we suggest uninstall the original Assistant 2 first and reinstall the related version. Some of the users might need to disable signed driver enforcement, but some might not need to. You can try to follow the steps and install the application and see if it works.

Only worked  the Windows version. No matter what I did (different computers, different OS, different Assistant version) it did not work in Mac Os
2019-2-8
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

Airking Pilot Posted at 2-8 17:45
Only worked  the Windows version. No matter what I did (different computers, different OS, different Assistant version) it did not work in Mac Os

Inspire 2 in my case
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Airking Pilot Posted at 2-8 17:45

I am sorry for the late reply, Airking Pilot. May I know if the Inspire 2 can be recognized by the DJI Assistant 2? Could you please provide more details about your case?
2019-2-15
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

Hi Thor
As I said: The I2 was recognized, but could not read the logs. Tried different computers, different OS (mac) and different Assistant versions. Only when we tried on a Windows 7 PC with Windows version oif Assistant we could  get the .dat logs.
Thanks
2019-2-17
Use props
FieldPivot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1417530 ft
United States

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-8 02:57
I'm no expert, but I think you're over-thinking it.  My original reason for concern was more that the DJI Assistant 2 to Mavic link should work and wasn't rather than what's actually in the DAT files, but having delved into them, I realise there's little point.

Just my opinion, but the flight records you can get from the DJI Go 4 app give you as much information as you're really ever going to need for normal levels of involvement with flying the Mavic, including the status of the drone and the controller throughout each flight. The DAT files on the aircraft are really there for DJI to analyse in the case of a major problem or fly-away loss (assuming you are able to recover the drone if you lose it), the fact that a few people have found ways to extract SOME of the data contained within these files gives the community a bit of extra insight, but it isn't of much use unless you really understand what you're looking at and what all the complex sensor data is returning (there are a few in the community on here that do understand it pretty well and can help interpret the data if you have a problem).

"but the flight records you can get from the DJI Go 4 app give you as much information as you're really ever going to need for normal levels of involvement with flying the Mavic"

Perhaps you are not considering waypoint missions beyond signal distance normal.  

I get it.   However, the log files stored by DJI Go 4 will only show data which is present during the time of a signal via the RX and TX.   

It would be great to obtain data which has continuity of the entire flight regardless of having a signal loss.
2020-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules