Login required?
814 6 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
outpost22
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,
My wife bought me a Mavic Pro for Xmas.  I have not flown it yet.  My concern is that I've been reading (here) that a login is required to use the App to fly this thing?  I've also read there is a "Pilot" setting or App that may be an answer for this, but don't know what that is.  
We live on a large rural ranch with little cell reception. There are areas I wish to "fly" with absolutely no cell reception within miles.  Is this going to be a problem for me?
Thank you in advance.

2017-12-30
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

It should not be a problem. Do an initial login and do not log out.
2017-12-30
Use props
outpost22
lvl.1
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-12-30 10:19
It should not be a problem. Do an initial login and do not log out.

Thank you. I'll try that when the time comes.
2017-12-30
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Login persists while being offline. Don't know for how long but some one stated in the forums 'months'.
2017-12-30
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

As Ghost said, when you first use the app it will prompt you to sign in (if you choose not to sign in you will be restricted to a 50 meter radius and a 30 meter altitude) basically beginners mode. Watch all the DJI Tutorials and read the manual before flying. Have fun !
2017-12-30
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

I use a dedicated device that's in flight mode nearly all the time, with no cell reception at all, and everything is fine!

Sometimes when the DJI Go app is updated, you can get logged out, so you'll have to login again - and you can do this over wifi if needed.
2017-12-30
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I've had mine in Colorado, 30 miles up in the mountains far from any cell tower.  Never a bit of problem.  I logged in for the first time back in July 2017 and I've YET to be required to log back in again.  
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules