2214 11 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QiiFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

After updating to the most current firmware on my P4P, when I point the gimbal straight down, the live feed shifts 180 degrees. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fixes or is it supposed to do this? I am running all updated firmware, most recent GO 4 app and IOS 11.2.1 on an IPad Air 2.
2017-12-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What to you mean it shifts 180*?

That's not possible...

RedHotPoker
2017-12-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Qii ,

If only the video feet is rotating, it is one type of problem.  If both the video feed and the on screen display of flight data is displayed, look at your device to see if the device has screen rotation enabled.  If it is enabled, disable it.

Hope this helps!  Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-30
Use props
QiiFlight
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-30 12:36
What to you mean it shifts 180*?

That's not possible...

The live feed on my IPad shifts and top of the viewed feed becomes the bottom and bottom becomes the top.  But only when the gimbal is pointed straight down.

I verified this three times. I assure you, it is not only possible, it happened.
2017-12-31
Use props
QiiFlight
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-30 12:51
Aloha Qii ,

If only the video feet is rotating, it is one type of problem.  If both the video feed and the on screen display of flight data is displayed, look at your device to see if the device has screen rotation enabled.  If it is enabled, disable it.

Thank you! I will verify all settings and try again. Wind and cold are discouraging me today.
2017-12-31
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Yes I have experienced this, just few mins ago, I was flying had the gimbal facing down and it would shift 180, thinking im flying in the opposite direction. Im about to downgrade and use the old firmware for now.
2017-12-31
Use props
Wingshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a color shift in the captured picture when shooting in Raw and it is Pointed Down also.
2017-12-31
Use props
fans98f95443
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233953 ft
United States

I too have the same issue.  After pointing the gimbal straight down, when I start panning back up, it initially looked as though the camera was panning back up towards the back of the drone providing an upside down image.  Continuing to pan up, the image does flip back to the correct position.  This is only visible on the display screen and not in the actual video.
2017-12-31
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

fans98f95443 Posted at 2017-12-31 05:53
I too have the same issue.  After pointing the gimbal straight down, when I start panning back up, it initially looked as though the camera was panning back up towards the back of the drone providing an upside down image.  Continuing to pan up, the image does flip back to the correct position.  This is only visible on the display screen and not in the actual video.

Im glad i am not the only person who seeing this problem, i just reverted back to the previous firmware. and hopes DJI acknowledges this problem.
2017-12-31
Use props
photomcbeth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241991 ft
United Kingdom

Any solution?
2018-1-8
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this too. I have my C-1 set to gimbal down and up and that's when it happened
2018-1-8
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many folks have experienced this, including me. There's been several threads on here about it already. One of the admins, (DJI Dianna maybe?) recommended going back to the previous version via Assistant 2 . She said DJI engineers are working on the issue and there will be a new FW version with the fix in it soon.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules