Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP! Think I bricked my Spark on IMU Calibration
1438 14 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZrdXbrL
lvl.1
United States

Please HELP!.  I recently bought the Spark Flymore combo, flew several times.  Decided to do an IMU Calibration for stability.  System was taking forever.  After letting it sit for 20+ minutes I powered off and restarted drone, controller and phone app.  Tried IMU Calibration again.  Same experience.  Restarted again - but this time the drone wont connect to controller and/or phone app.  Pressing power button on drone does nothing - no 3/6/9 beeps.  Controller eventually beeps and shuts off because it can't find the drone.  Tried to use app to connect to drone but no luck.  Drone powers on/off but sits with front rotors solid red and back rotors flashing fast yellow.
I downloaded JDI Assistant (Mac) and tried to connect.  It sits on the circle screen and never recognizes the divece connected.

What can I do to reset this?

Connection to assistant not working

Connection to assistant not working

Front-Red, Rear-Flashing Yellow

Front-Red, Rear-Flashing Yellow
2017-12-30
Use props
Opst02
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59537 ft

Switzerland

you have to place the aircraft as told in the app. this requies you to place the AC in 90° Angles. Look what it says on the dji go app and try to move it till the lights flash green. You will need to turn it 4 or 6 times.
2017-12-30
Use props
djiuser_ZrdXbrL
lvl.1
United States

Opst02 Posted at 2017-12-30 15:06
you have to place the aircraft as told in the app. this requies you to place the AC in 90° Angles. Look what it says on the dji go app and try to move it till the lights flash green. You will need to turn it 4 or 6 times.

I'm way past that now.  Need to get basic functions working before I can worry about that.
2017-12-30
Use props
xtok
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1040 ft
Portugal

djiuser_ZrdXbrL Posted at 2017-12-30 15:12
I'm way past that now.  Need to get basic functions working before I can worry about that.

1-test usb~c adapter problem.
2-press 3 button command to bind.(pause+fn+c1)

2017-12-30
Use props
Lee Moon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

Perhaps try a different USB-C port on the MacBook Pro?  As xtok suggested above, verify the USB to USB-C adapter is working properly.  Also might try swapping batteries or removing/reinstalling the current one.
Also, I *think* the sequence of connecting the Spark to Assistant 2 is important.
Here's the video from DJI showing the order of connection/power on:

That's all I can think of at the moment.
2017-12-30
Use props
djiuser_ZrdXbrL
lvl.1
United States

xtok Posted at 2017-12-30 15:41
1-test usb~c adapter problem.
2-press 3 button command to bind.(pause+fn+c1)

Thanks for the advice.  I had already tried the wired connection with 2 different usb-c adapters.  They both work with external hard drives so I don't think that's the problem -  though I wish it was.  I tried your 3-button press and the controller beeped fast & loud with the led flashing green for 3 minutes before quitting.  Drone never changed.  App screen never changed.
2017-12-30
Use props
djiuser_ZrdXbrL
lvl.1
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 2017-12-30 15:51
Perhaps try a different USB-C port on the MacBook Pro?  As xtok suggested above, verify the USB to USB-C adapter is working properly.  Also might try swapping batteries or removing/reinstalling the current one.
Also, I *think* the sequence of connecting the Spark to Assistant 2 is important.
Here's the video from DJI showing the order of connection/power on:

Thanks Lee.  I tried a different USB-C adapter and the connection sequence from the video but nothing changed.  To test the USB-C adapter I also plugged in a Seagate drive - it registered fine.  You can see the drive in my Finder but the Spark is not recognized.
2017-12-30
Use props
Lee Moon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

djiuser_ZrdXbrL Posted at 2017-12-30 16:59
Thanks Lee.  I tried a different USB-C adapter and the connection sequence from the video but nothing changed.  To test the USB-C adapter I also plugged in a Seagate drive - it registered fine.  You can see the drive in my Finder but the Spark is not recognized.

You're welcome. I'm sorry we're not finding a solution for you. I hope someone can offer a fix soon and get you flying again.
2017-12-30
Use props
xtok
lvl.2
Portugal

Lee Moon Posted at 2017-12-30 17:09
You're welcome. I'm sorry we're not finding a solution for you. I hope someone can offer a fix soon and get you flying again.

power on spark.

after power on press power and keep for 9 seconds. spark beep.

total reset

search wifi with smartphone

or press combination key on remote (pause +fn+c1) controller for link
2017-12-30
Use props
xtok
lvl.2
Portugal

Lee Moon Posted at 2017-12-30 17:09

power on spark.

after power on press power and keep for 9 seconds. spark beep.

total reset

search wifi with smartphone

or press combination key on remote (pause +fn+c1) controller for link
2017-12-30
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438852 ft
United States

i see that you connect the cable USB through an adapter thats why its not turning n , you have to connect the USB of the cable directly to the USB port of the Computer it happen to me before,,,Good Luck
2017-12-30
Use props
aim16V
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438852 ft
United States

i see that you connect the cable USB through an adapter thats why its not turning n , you have to connect the USB of the cable directly to the USB port of the Computer it happen to me before, if you live in the USA send me a message so we can talk then i try my best to help you,,,Good Luck
2017-12-30
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_ZrdXbrL Posted at 2017-12-30 16:02
Thanks for the advice.  I had already tried the wired connection with 2 different usb-c adapters.  They both work with external hard drives so I don't think that's the problem -  though I wish it was.  I tried your 3-button press and the controller beeped fast & loud with the led flashing green for 3 minutes before quitting.  Drone never changed.  App screen never changed.

Did you set the drone into pairing mode as well

2017-12-31
Use props
djiuser_ZrdXbrL
lvl.1
United States

xtok Posted at 2017-12-30 18:56
power on spark.

after power on press power and keep for 9 seconds. spark beep.

Thanks Xtok.  I have tried that with no luck.  The power button does nothing except the on/off control.  It won't beep/reset at 3/6/9.
2018-1-2
Use props
djiuser_ZrdXbrL
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE - I spoke to tech support who advised me that the drone is 'unresponsive' and needs to be sent in for repair.  So frustrating.   All I wanted to do was calibrate it and fly.  That was 3 days ago.  It could take longer to repair than the length of time I have had it.
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules