Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best Android Phone I've found 5.5" HD for $89.00!
2220 22 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Saw someone mention this on a forum:

Huawei Ascend XT2

For a dedicated phone for drone flying, for cheap.
Yea you can get a better one, MAYBE. How much did YOU pay? and for how long?
I Bought it. $89.00 No service. Perfect size. Better get one quick!

OUTSTANDING! Fast as hell,  2017 model. AT&T Pre-paid phone
  • 12 MP camera w/LED flash rear-facing/8 MP front-facing
  • 5.5 HD display w/ 2.5D curved glass
  • Up to 16 GB internal memory/up to 128 GB expandable (card sold separately)
  • 4000mAh removable battery
  • Android Nougat 7.0
  • Walmart exclusive

2017-12-30
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Think the Huawei phones are actually really good at running the DJO Go 4 app. A good friend to me and also my self is using it successfully. Mine is a P10 Lite - a cheaper version, of the faster and better P10. Great Phones.
2017-12-30
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Looks like a phone that is around one year to one and one half years old in specs and OS 7.0 all for $89. If it works well with DJI Go 4 then ya would be a nice phone for someone to just use for flying their Mavic. Plus a big battery too!
2017-12-30
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

I got the XT2 about a month ago after having problems with the Pixel 2 XL. The XT2 has been pretty great so far. No crashes, battery lasts a long time.

I bought the ATT prepaid from Walmart, pulled out the SIM card, added an SD card and sideloaded an earlier version of DJI Go 4 that people said worked well. Just yesterday I let the phone update to the latest DJI GO 4 and hoping, when temps rise above 32 F, it will be as stable as before.

It's nice to have a dedicated phone for the Drone. At this price and performance I'm thinking of getting a second. I have a second MPP on the way to DJI at the moment (Care Refresh Express - easy peasy) after a catastrophic meeting with a tree. Not sure if I can easily swap one phone between two drone/controller combos. I'm a lousy drone operator but I'm trying to get better.

Kev
2017-12-30
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kevin_d Posted at 2017-12-30 17:55
I got the XT2 about a month ago after having problems with the Pixel 2 XL. The XT2 has been pretty great so far. No crashes, battery lasts a long time.

I bought the ATT prepaid from Walmart, pulled out the SIM card, added an SD card and sideloaded an earlier version of DJI Go 4 that people said worked well. Just yesterday I let the phone update to the latest DJI GO 4 and hoping, when temps rise above 32 F, it will be as stable as before.

I'm very impressed and quite happy. Both the Phantom and the Mavic, one device. Amazing quality video.
2017-12-30
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i woulda gotten a tablet. to me 5.5in still too small of a screen
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing with us. I'm afraid that the performance can not be ensured as the mobile device has not been fully tested. We will report to our engineers and hope more mobile devices will be added as the test continues.
2017-12-30
Use props
CHEOLK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5299 ft
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-30 20:18
Thanks for sharing with us. I'm afraid that the performance can not be ensured as the mobile device has not been fully tested. We will report to our engineers and hope more mobile devices will be added as the test continues.

Hi

I used mobile phone Ramos mos max 1.   6.44 inch. No problem. I also use Doogee, Vernee etc. All Chinese brands. As good as apples or Samsung.
2017-12-31
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-12-30 18:24
i woulda gotten a tablet. to me 5.5in still too small of a screen

I was looking at at an 83" screen, with a DVD player and a wet bar, seemed a bit too large, to me, Guess it's all a matter of preference.
2017-12-31
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-30 20:18
Thanks for sharing with us. I'm afraid that the performance can not be ensured as the mobile device has not been fully tested. We will report to our engineers and hope more mobile devices will added as the test continues.

Thanks, I tested it. It works. It has been added to my list.
2017-12-31
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recently purchased one as a dedicated screen for my Mavic. It works well. It took about two weeks to come to the UK. I managed to get it unlocked pretty easily too.
2017-12-31
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89888 ft
Japan

Same phone, just a different color for 65$ at BB
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sea ... es&ks=960&keys=keys
Google "wunderphone" for more info...
2017-12-31
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ChrisJP Posted at 2017-12-31 02:51
Same phone, just a different color for 65$ at BB
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sea ... es&ks=960&keys=keys
Google "wunderphone" for more info...

My friends say their Walmart is out of them, thanks I''l send them to BB.
2017-12-31
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

After reading your post about this deal I went to my local Walmart to buy this phone, it was marked down to $79.00 US i thought what a great deal.. when I went to cashier to pay it rang up as $26.96 including tax. Needless to say I paid the $26.96 and never look back.....
2018-1-2
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2018-1-2 09:58
After reading your post about this deal I went to my local Walmart to buy this phone, it was marked down to $79.00 US i thought what a great deal.. when I went to cashier to pay it rang up as $26.96 including tax. Needless to say I paid the $26.96 and never look back.....

WooHoo!

R&L Aerial 1
Walmart 0
They only cleared $26.00 on this one, I bet.

I just got back from Best Buy and got it as an Elate on the Cricket Wireless Net for $65. It runs circles around the LAME iPhone that I was using. It has been FLAWLESS.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your input. I also have a Huawei phone, the mate 9. It is prepaid and the screen is 5.9 so I might try to use that too. My problem is that, I can't get the side port to work, along with the cables that came with the drone. I was able to charge my RC but not use it to connect to the RC and aircraft. Are you using the bottom USB?
2018-1-2
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJIPilot-IceBox Posted at 2018-1-2 11:15
Thanks for your input. I also have a Huawei phone, the mate 9. It is prepaid and the screen is 5.9 so I might try to use that too. My problem is that, I can't get the side port to work, along with the cables that came with the drone. I was able to charge my RC but not use it to connect to the RC and aircraft. Are you using the bottom USB?

I have found that you need to open the setting to allow the connection via the charging/ data port. It tries to charge the phone and will not connect to the app,

The symptom was the phone at 100% charge would disconnect, immediately. I actually let the battery drain, a bit and tried it at 88% battery on the phone and it worked fine. But the correct setting solved that one.
Interesting. I have not been successful using the USB on the controller. I really don't care, for now, didn't try very hard to solve that, yet.
Hope that helps...
2018-1-2
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneDriver Posted at 2018-1-2 11:27
I have found that you need to open the setting to allow the connection via the charging/ data port. It tries to charge the phone and will not connect to the app,

The symptom was the phone at 100% charge would disconnect, immediately. I actually let the battery drain, a bit and tried it at 88% battery on the phone and it worked fine. But the correct setting solved that one.

Thanks! By the way, which setting do I change? You said open the setting to allow the connection - is it the phone or the RC setting?
2018-1-2
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-1-2 11:38
Thanks! By the way, which setting do I change? You said open the setting to allow the connection - is it the phone or the RC setting?

It's the phone setting. To allow for usb connection to tranfer data, etc... or charge the phone with this connection.
Settings,
security and privacy
additional settings
Turn allow HiSuite to use usb. to on.

HiSuite is OK to use,. but this setting allows pc/controller access without trying to charge from the controller. It is like turning on debugging mode. Probably is. But it worked for me.
2018-1-2
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneDriver Posted at 2018-1-2 12:11
It's the phone setting. To allow for usb connection to tranfer data, etc... or charge the phone with this connection.
Settings,
security and privacy

Thank you!
2018-1-2
Use props
djiuser_mH6fjvJu2pJQ
New

China

The smartphone sensors measure physical quantities and transmit them to the application processor. The phones's accelerometer is a built-in electronic component that measures tilt and motion. The proximity sensor detects when a user is holding the phone near their face during a call and turns off the display to prevent keypad presses and battery consumption from the display.
2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_mH6fjvJu2pJQ
New

China

The smartphone sensors measure physical quantities and transmit them to the application processor. The phones's accelerometer is a built-in electronic component that measures tilt and motion. The proximity sensor detects when a user is holding the phone near their face during a call and turns off the display to prevent keypad presses and battery consumption from the display. Got it from Walmart stores
https://walmartone.onl

2019-8-3
Use props
wanderwell6
New

Ukraine

I'm  impressed
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules