Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please help with corrupted image files
4216 8 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave_
New
United States

Hello all,

I have a brand new DJI Spark, and after practicing with a $100 Holy Stone drone, this thing is absolutely amazing.  However, after the inaugural flight I'm having trouble with the downloading of images.  

First of all, I am not getting these images off an SD card in the drone, as there's no SD card in it yet.  This is having to do with the images and video streamed to the phone and stored during flight.  I do understand that using an SD card may fix these issues, but the streaming should work, even if the SD card is the preferred method.  

So, the data I want is stored on my phone locally.  When I open the DJI Go app and go to the editor, I can view videos and photos.  Each has a little download icon, which when pressed gives a message that the video/image is stored in the ...DCIM/DJI folder.  When I check this folder on my android phone using my windows PC, I can view, play, and move video files.  However, no image files are present in this folder no matter how many times I press the download icon in the DJI App.  

In my phone, if I navigate to ...DJI/dji.go.v4/CACHE_IMAGE, I can see all the picture (.jpg) image files stored by the app, however these files can not be read or moved by windows.  Windows image viewer gives the message "we can't open this file".  If I try to move it to my local computer, it says "unspecified error"

I assume the images stored in DJI/dji.go.v4/CACHE_IMAGE are some proprietary format and that's why you need to press the little download button, at which point they're made usable and moved to the DCIM/DJI folder, is this correct?  If so, why isn't this working for image files?  

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Dave

2017-12-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

You need an SD card for your Spark. Only there high resolution pictures and videos will be stored. What you get on your mobile device are only low resolution previews and cached files.
2017-12-31
Use props
Ellinor William
lvl.1

United States

Most Probably, your jpgs are corrupt. This is a very common issue and you might have to search for some manual ways if that doesn't work, try to repair your jpegs using some software like Stellar Phoenix JPEG Repair.
2018-1-22
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
First Officer
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

RE: Please help with corrupted image files

As Wachtberger said "You need an SD card for your Spark".

The images saved to your device are choppy with a max resolution of 720, whereas the image/videos saved to the SD card will be stable with a max resolution size of 1920.

I find transferring data via SD card far easier than hooking up the Spark, but YMMV.
2018-1-23
Use props
fansdf7d83d7
Second Officer

Ukraine

Be sure to use https://www.filetypeadvisor.com/ . It gives a detailed information about a file type and suggests software to open it, or if needed to convert it to another file format. Hope this helps
2018-11-8
Use props
djiuser_PjKqmeV4Vd7d
lvl.1

United States

wow, thank you! I would like to try such programs that could repair jpg as I have some damaged files too...
2019-11-3
Use props
Ваге Гаспарян
New

Moldova

hello,sorry,but i dont know how to help
2019-11-5
Use props
TvoiaSoia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

but I can   
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.1

India

Most of the time it happens that the image file is not completely downloaded due to which your image files (PNG, JPEG/JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, etc) becomes corrupted. In this case, you can again download the photo from the source and then open it.
To know more effective solution read this article: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/fix-corrupted-png-files
2020-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules