Gesture control without palm launch?
1178 5 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans65cee56b
lvl.1
Canada

Hello I’m new to the drone community and just got the spark drone this christmas.  This is my first drone.  I was reading about the spark and found out about gesture control. Since this is my first drone, I’m not quite comfortable with launching it from my hand quite just yet. So I’m wondering if you can still use gesture control without launching from your hand. Like can you launch it from the ground, via RC or mobile device, and turn on gesture control in the air or something?
Thanks
2017-12-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Yes.  I turn on and off gesture control all the time.  I end my flight by switching to gesture control and have it land in my hand rather than in the grass or snow.  
2017-12-30
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

Yes, you can launch the Spark from the ground and switch to Gesture control later in the flight.  It's a selection in the Intelligent Flight Mode selector on the left side of the Go 4 app screen.  Tap on the Intelligent Flight Mode icon and then on the Gesture Mode icon.  Have fun!
2017-12-30
Use props
PMG Drones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 709364 ft
Japan

Yes you can but my advice do the palm launch it is really simple just double click look at the thing and it will confirm face recognition and take off! easy as 1,2,3! from there you can swap into any other mode. I usually palm lauch check my settings raise up about 25m in normal mode (this give a better RTH as it takes a series of ground photos to help with RTH on top of GPS. Then into sports and away!
2017-12-30
Use props
fans65cee56b
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for he response. How close does the drone have to be for gesture control to work?  Or does it automatically come to the right distance when you select gesture control? Thanks
2017-12-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

fans65cee56b Posted at 2017-12-30 17:48
Thanks for he response. How close does the drone have to be for gesture control to work?  Or does it automatically come to the right distance when you select gesture control? Thanks

Your hand needs to be two feet-ish to be picked up.  I think the drone will flash the front LED's yellow when it doesn't like the hand position.  The lights will turn green when it likes your hand position.  Keep your face out of the background when using your hand as the face can mess up the outline of the hand as  viewed from the camera.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules