Phantom 2 plus
1309 14 2015-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fastseed77
New

United States

I have a Phantom 2 plus and it keeps disconecting from the camera on my phone. It say connection broken or cannot connect to camera. any tips on what i should look into first?
2015-4-20
Use props
trsmith18
lvl.2

United States

Assuming everything is up to date. Try going into "airplane" mode and turning on the wifi.  You also try removing/reloading the app
2015-4-20
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

At what sort of range does it do this ? The flat top of the range extender must be pointing at the Phantom.
Is your phone looking for an internet connection ? Turn off mobile data, or go into airplane mode and then turn the wifi back on.
2015-4-20
Use props
fastseed77
New

United States

I reloaded the app, turned the phone to airplane mode. still says unable to connect to camera.
2015-4-20
Use props
marian.filip3
lvl.1

Spain

I have the same problem , even if i go in airplane mode...
2015-4-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

fastseed77@gmai Posted at 2015-4-20 21:52
I reloaded the app, turned the phone to airplane mode. still says unable to connect to camera.

Do you have ANY other device you could try?  Even a friends/family members phone?  If you did, and it did not connect to that I would start looking at the extender.  If it did connect, the problem is with your device.  Simplest way to isolate the problem.

Also, are there any other wifi networks in the area?  The Phantom wifi likes to be the strongest signal.
2015-4-20
Use props
fastseed77
New

United States

I tried 2 different phones and no other wifi present and still wont connect
2015-4-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

fastseed77@gmai Posted at 2015-4-20 22:40
I tried 2 different phones and no other wifi present and still wont connect

Are you sure the range extender is binded to the camera?  When you go to connect the wifi in your settings, do you see the Phantom listed?
2015-4-20
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

Have you by chance dropped the RC where it could have jarred the wiring inside?
2015-4-20
Use props
fastseed77
New

United States

I see the phantom listed it is connected to it. The last time I used it was october it worked fine then, it has been sitting on top of my gun safe ever cence so it has not been dropped.
2015-4-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

fastseed77@gmai Posted at 2015-4-20 23:30
I see the phantom listed it is connected to it. The last time I used it was october it worked fine t ...

Is the range extender fully charged up?
2015-4-20
Use props
fastseed77
New

United States

yes it is fully charged
2015-4-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Does it connect for even a few seconds, or does it refuse to connect at all?
2015-4-20
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

If you are close to home, try forgetting your home network. I found that if anything goes wrong my tablet would connect to my home network instead of the Phantom 2 Vision Plus controller.
2015-4-20
Use props
fastseed77
New

United States

Friday it would connect for a second or two then say connection broken, today i cant even get it to say that
2015-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules