Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji mavic or dji spark
1423 19 2017-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Poodit88
lvl.1
United States

Hi, i am dji mavic owner. I just get started youtube chanal. i am not traval a lot. I feel regreat a bit of dji mavic. I mean i like it and i think it is nice, but i think when i compare it to dji spark, it is almost half price of dji mavic. I am not use all the feature that dji mavic provide. I don't need 4k right now, because i do not have computer that can edite 4k ( but maybe in the future) even i have the computer that can edite video in 4k, i would use just 1080. i would like to ask you guys what do you think about my mavic. Should i return it and buy dji spark fly more combo or keep my dji mavic??

and another question to dji spark owner, What do you think about video quality?? Do you think dji spark video quality can be use in youtube video (such as vlog video and want to put some video from drone in my vlog).I see the video from dji spark from other youtuber, and it is look good.
2017-12-30
Use props
vdh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 193786 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have both,luv the size & portability of the spark,camera is almost as good as the mavic but I enjoy the longer flight times & the extra distance of the mavic....you really need a remote for the spark,otherwise its just a selfie camera
2017-12-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed. Not really a fan of WiFi/ selfie drones. I’ve had a few drones (5) and the Mavic is second too none. Portable, flight time, range. Stability, ect... Spark is cool but it’s no Mavic.
2017-12-30
Use props
Poodit88
lvl.1
United States

vdh Posted at 2017-12-30 21:01
I have both,luv the size & portability of the spark,camera is almost as good as the mavic but I enjoy the longer flight times & the extra distance of the mavic....you really need a remote for the spark,otherwise its just a selfie camera

Do you have any kind of issue with the real time image transmission on controller. I mean when you use spark with remote controller, do you have any lack or something?
2017-12-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 24452848 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Spark is more a toy drone. If you only want to fly a drone , spark is ok. But if you want to take photo and video footage and fly get the mavic. I sold my spark and bought the mpp, only reason was that there were a lot of issues with the spark, transmission , compass errors, and updates which change operation ( using otg cable , then suddenly no otg cable etc) and flying wifi is not ideal. also sent a lot of posts to dji asking to include 1080p 25fps as only could shoot footage in 30fps , and i live in europe so 25fps is a must here. But i think they still havent changed it. Anyway its up to you. I would stick to the mavic. By the way regarding size for example when traveling they are roughly the same size(folded). Thats my personal opinion.
2017-12-30
Use props
CHEOLK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5299 ft
Singapore

I bought Mavic as it is bigger than spark. It is also better in lots of ways. More expensive means better. A mini minor car compared  to a Mercedes, Volvo. You choose.
2017-12-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic all the way
2017-12-31
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

I have both, I find a use for them both, Spark is handy to just chuck in a bag for some quick shots, Mavic is more for planned shooting. Spark is OK without the remote, but 20M is about your lot, so I never fly without the remote, the gesture flying soon wears off!

If you can afford to have only one though, has to be the Mavic.
2017-12-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 2017-12-31 03:41
I have both, I find a use for them both, Spark is handy to just chuck in a bag for some quick shots, Mavic is more for planned shooting. Spark is OK without the remote, but 20M is about your lot, so I never fly without the remote, the gesture flying soon wears off!

If you can afford to have only one though, has to be the Mavic.

I have both and a P4P - Mavic all the way for me!
2017-12-31
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always seem to laugh when we say that the Spark is more portable than the Mavic, which is true.  I t was just over a year ago when we were praising the portability of the Mavic.
2017-12-31
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would take the mavic over the spark any day, in my opinion the mavic is a semi professional quad, the spark is more of a gimmicky starter quad..
2017-12-31
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-12-31 05:02
I always seem to laugh when we say that the Spark is more portable than the Mavic, which is true.  I t was just over a year ago when we were praising the portability of the Mavic.

You can’t get much more portable then the mavic without sacrificing features like video quality, range, 2 axis gimbal like the spark or no gimbal at all like the  yuneec breeze.
2017-12-31
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-12-31 06:53
You can’t get much more portable then the mavic without sacrificing features like video quality, range, 2 axis gimbal like the spark or no gimbal at all like the  yuneec breeze.

Exactly my point.
2017-12-31
Use props
Rhamphorhynchan
United Kingdom

To give a slightly alternate view; I have a Spark which I bought because I preferred the size, weight, noise-level, and general small presence in the air to the Mavic. I like it a lot, however I live in the US where it's still mostly possible to use the Spark properly. When the OTG cable worked, I could easily get out to1km, and even without it, the range is in the hundreds of metres, which is enough for me to basically never think about it. However, I'm visiting the UK at the moment and am finding the Spark's range here limited to well under 50m. Since DJI have disabled OTG support for the Spark, it has become pretty much unusable except as a selfie drone in Europe (and gesture control is extremely ropey even for that). If they ever reenable OTG, I think the Spark would make a fine alternative to a Mavic for many purposes. The hardware is very capable for such a small quad, but it's currently badly hobbled for many users.
2017-12-31
Use props
Rhamphorhynchan
United Kingdom

As to video quality, it's very good if you only need 1080p (like I do). One tell to watch for in the YouTube videos with nice smooth pans is that you'll pretty often see shorter cuts than you might with the larger quads. The Spark is good for its size, but is necessarily less stable than the Mavic, so you'll end up with shorter intervals between obvious airframe moves in the video, which you'd need to edit around. It's not a big deal for a complete amateur like me (learning to edit videos is part of the appeal), but I could see it getting annoying for anyone who's more serious about it. I think sneering at the "toy selfie drone" is underselling the Spark's potential, but it's not a Mavic.
2017-12-31
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic is a superior aircraft in every respect.  The Mavic isn't much larger when folded either.  Even if you arent utilizing 4K, twice the flight time, 4x the range, etc., it's there should you need it.  Keep the Mavic.
2017-12-31
Use props
Inspire_Max
First Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Woe Posted at 2017-12-30 21:34
Agreed. Not really a fan of WiFi/ selfie drones. I’ve had a few drones (5) and the Mavic is second too none. Portable, flight time, range. Stability, ect... Spark is cool but it’s no Mavic.

Correct!

I have both!
2017-12-31
Use props
Inspire_Max
First Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Better...I have two Sparks, a Mavic, a Phantom 2 (love it) and an Inspire 1...
2017-12-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-31 09:55
The Mavic is a superior aircraft in every respect.  The Mavic isn't much larger when folded either.  Even if you arent utilizing 4K, twice the flight time, 4x the range, etc., it's there should you need it.  Keep the Mavic.

Totally agree
2017-12-31
Use props
Duncandonut
Captain
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

As I own both drones I would say the Mavic Pro 100%.

The Spark is a great little drone, very good for beginners. However, with OTG not working anymore its range is very limited (Here in the UK I find I cant go more than 45-55mtrs before I lose signal, others may get more). The camera on the Spark is great at 1080p and I have some very nice photos/videos from it. Flight time is short. To date my longest flight is about 12mins.

The Mavic Pro is without doubt my favourite of the 2. Everything about is is great. Range is outstanding, stability in flight is perfect, speed in sports mode is great. Camera and video quality are superb and the flight time is a good 20+ mins. I bought the Mavic Pro Platinums propellers for my Mavic Pro and the noise reduction is very nice.

Have retired the Spark for now until they implement OTG.
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules