Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
30m Flight limit when using Goggles RE with OTG Cable.
3106 15 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Hi all,

I've just taken my Phantom 4 out for a flight with my newly acquired Goggles RE, to discover that I have a flight limit of 30m.

I have the Goggles RE attached to the Controller using the OTG Cable to USB.

How can I change the settings, so I can fly to at least an altitude of 120m and distance of 500m?

Feedback would be appreciated.  Cheers, James
2017-12-31
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi you need to startup with the smart device connected, then switch to the googles once you sitting on the ground on the camera screen before take off, it needs to see the smart device before you can take off with out limitation, once its seen it once it will remain unlocked for the duration of the time the craft is powered, if you change the battery you will need to do it again  
2017-12-31
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2017-12-31 03:41
Hi you need to startup with the smart device connected, then switch to the googles once you sitting on the ground on the camera screen before take off, it needs to see the smart device before you can take off with out limitation, once its seen it once it will remain unlocked for the duration of the time the craft is powered, if you change the battery you will need to do it again

Absolutely ridiculous requirement.  Where are all the fanboys proclaiming "You only have to connect once!"
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi James, like Mad_Angler1 posted, you will need to connect to your mobile device to login your DJI Account firstly, please note that do not power off the aircraft and then connect to Goggles.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-1-2
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

This is probably the most disgracefully broken thing in the current firmware; In fact, I decided this past week that I'm not buying any more DJI aircraft at all unless/until this is fixed. That's just too much hassle to be able to use what would otherwise be a perfectly good product.

That said, the solution with the Mavic Pro is at least a little better, since the goggles connect to it wirelessly through OcuSync. There you can run a tablet/smart phone and the goggles at the same time and not have to do this broken garbage with unplugging/replugging all these cables while your client is standing there waiting for you to take off and get to work .

Eventually maybe the GO app clone in the goggle firmware can be enriched to the point that it has the same functionality as the tablet, so the goggles can perform all the functions needed, including this ridiculous unlocking the GEO fencing thing. Very very bad decision by DJI and they've lost me as a customer because of it.....
2018-1-2
Use props
Maxheadspace
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-1 14:27
Absolutely ridiculous requirement.  Where are all the fanboys proclaiming "You only have to connect once!"

Isn't this the stupidest s**t you've ever heard?!?  I spent hours this afternoon trying to get my goggles working with my Spark, only to find out I have to first connect up with my phone, sign on with Go4, then disconnect my phone to connect the goggles.  Overbearing micromanagement by DJI.  I stopped using DJI for commercial stuff long ago; now I'll really think twice about investing in DJI drones for fun flying as well.  
2018-1-20
Use props
GBO2
lvl.1

I have spent well over $500 dollars and hours trying to link these new RE Goggles to my DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus and I just can't find a way to get them up and running. What am I missing? Any ideas? Is there some firmware out there that I don't know about. I don't want to return them but this is way too much money to spend for a product that will not work. I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help in advance.
2018-7-6
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

GBO2 Posted at 2018-7-6 14:12
I have spent well over $500 dollars and hours trying to link these new RE Goggles to my DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus and I just can't find a way to get them up and running. What am I missing? Any ideas? Is there some firmware out there that I don't know about. I don't want to return them but this is way too much money to spend for a product that will not work. I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help in advance.

Turn your Phantom and controller on, with your phone connected to your controller. Open DJI Go 4, and go to the screen which you would normally take off from. Then unplug the phone, and plug the USB cable into your Goggles RE. Turn on your Goggles, and once it has booted, you should be good to go.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GBO2 Posted at 2018-7-6 14:12

Sorry for the troubles. You may refer to this tutorial video and try later:
2018-7-7
Use props
GBO2
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-7 01:19
Sorry for the troubles. You may refer to this tutorial video and try later: https://youtu.be/mo1ki0_SfF4

Thanks for the response with this matter but I just tried this tutorial and unfortunately it still isn't working. I also tried the cell phone as well and so far no luck there either. I don't want to give up but I'm running out of ideas.

I'm really not wanting to send it back yet but it's not looking good at all. I also paid $28.00 for an early delivery so I can do a wedding next week. I'm open for suggestions guys. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
2018-7-7
Use props
GBO2
lvl.1
United States

GBO2 Posted at 2018-7-7 11:06
Thanks for the response with this matter but I just tried this tutorial and unfortunately it still isn't working. I also tried the cell phone as well and so far no luck there either. I don't want to give up but I'm running out of ideas.

I'm really not wanting to send it back yet but it's not looking good at all. I also paid $28.00 for an early delivery so I can do a wedding next week. I'm open for suggestions guys. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

After watching the video and several attempts I finally was able to link the two together. Now on to the next challenge.

Thanks so much for your help Susan! God bless!
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GBO2 Posted at 2018-7-7 20:59
After watching the video and several attempts I finally was able to link the two together. Now on to the next challenge.

Thanks so much for your help Susan! God bless!

Glad to hear you have figured this out timely. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-7-9
Use props
GBO2
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-9 01:17
Glad to hear you have figured this out timely. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.

Hi Susan, sorry to bother you again but I was able to link the Goggles to my Phantom 4 Pro Plus but can't control the aircraft with the goggles. I still only have limited  control of the aircraft even when the goggles are plugged into the remote. Another thing is that the goggles will not work wireless at all. The only thing I can do is plug in the HDMI cord just for viewing. Please advise! Thanks for your patients...………..
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GBO2 Posted at 2018-7-9 09:21
Hi Susan, sorry to bother you again but I was able to link the Goggles to my Phantom 4 Pro Plus but can't control the aircraft with the goggles. I still only have limited  control of the aircraft even when the goggles are plugged into the remote. Another thing is that the goggles will not work wireless at all. The only thing I can do is plug in the HDMI cord just for viewing. Please advise! Thanks for your patients...………..

Currently, the P4P does not support to connect Goggles wirelessly. Sorry about this. As for the connection, do you connect the RC and Goggles via USB port, right? If yes, please try to swipe down the touch panel with two fingers to enter the shortcut menu, then enable the functions such as Head Tracking Flight or Head Tracking Gimbal to see whether the drone/gimbal responded.
2018-7-16
Use props
djiuser_RVD9OQ7QBapD
New

Pakistan

The foreign threat is calculated for the utilization of the goals for the humans. The aspiration of the disco man and bestessays discounts is shared on all forums of the world for the use of the proper terms for the candidates.
2018-7-16
Use props
burtblart
New

United States

I hope all of your questions were answered to your satisfaction and that you have a wonderful day. https://www.krygerglass.com/locations/kansas/overland-park/9580-metcalf/
2020-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules