Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
goggles
1203 13 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

I know this has been covered in the past, arround about June / July 2017 but has the P4 now got "Head Tracking3 abillity with DJI goggles ?
2017-12-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The release notes for RC V1.9.3 say that this introduces head tracking on the P4.
I know that the head control of gimbal works with my goggles and P4, but I've not yet tried the head tracking to control the yaw of the P4 in flight. So cannot be 100% sure, but fairly confident that it would work.

Overview • Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.3.0 • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.1.10 • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.1.10

What’s New • Added support for Head Tracking function when connected with the DJI Goggles.   

Notes • Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected. • If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update. • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.

2017-12-31
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

Thanks for that, got some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket.
2017-12-31
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

It works on my P4 Pro with my goggles, but couldn't tell you if it works on the non-pro P4.....
2017-12-31
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

luciens Posted at 2017-12-31 09:12
It works on my P4 Pro with my goggles, but couldn't tell you if it works on the non-pro P4.....

It seems that it does what I need to find out now is if I need the HDMI module or does everything work via USB.

Questions Questions.
2017-12-31
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-31 09:21
It seems that it does what I need to find out now is if I need the HDMI module or does everything work via USB.

Questions Questions.

The headtracking feature only works via USB. I should mention that the video quality is the best via USB also. You get the full 1080p 16:9 video and it's really nice on the P4P. So it's worth it to do the dodgy broken thing of starting up on a tablet device to unlock it, then unplug and plug in the goggles. That's a hassle but the results are the nicest that way...

With HDMI, you wouldn't get those features, just the video. And I believe the HDMI out on the phantom transmitter is limited to 720p with poorer latency.....
2017-12-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-31 09:21

Questions Questions.

On the P4 it works via USB, one thing to be aware of though, if you did not initialise all first at start of flight using a display device, and were connecting to P4 controller using Goggles only then there is an automatic flight restriction of 30m altitude and 50m radius.
It is a bit of a hassle, but initialise all as normal with display, then before taking off switch USB from display device to Goggles. Via the USB you have some controls via the Goggles, one of which you mentioned is the head tracking.

An alternative is to fit an HDMI module to the P4 controller, have normal display device plugged in via USB and use that for control. Then plug Goggles into HDMI for FPV view (no telemetry) either by yourself as controller or for another standing beside you to use.

Those are the options I can think of for the P4. The initial design I think was for use with the Mavic, where there is an 'occusynch' wireless link to the goggles, which is much more flexible.

One other thing to consider is:-

I wear reading glasses; because there is no focus adjust on the Goggles I had to get a prescription pair of readers made up, with a 'reading distance' of 9 inches if I remember correctly. This works well for me.
2017-12-31
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

luciens Posted at 2017-12-31 09:30
The headtracking feature only works via USB. I should mention that the video quality is the best via USB also. You get the full 1080p 16:9 video and it's really nice on the P4P. So it's worth it to do the dodgy broken thing of starting up on a tablet device to unlock it, then unplug and plug in the goggles. That's a hassle but the results are the nicest that way...

With HDMI, you wouldn't get those features, just the video. And I believe the HDMI out on the phantom transmitter is limited to 720p with poorer latency.....

Thanks great information.
2017-12-31
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-31 09:48
On the P4 it works via USB, one thing to be aware of though, if you did not initialise all first at start of flight using a display device, and were connecting to P4 controller using Goggles only then there is an automatic flight restriction of 30m altitude and 50m radius.
It is a bit of a hassle, but initialise all as normal with display, then before taking off switch USB from display device to Goggles. Via the USB you have some controls via the Goggles, one of which you mentioned is the head tracking.

Again great info as I wear reading glasses and hadn't thought about the necessity of close focus, thanks.
2017-12-31
Use props
luciens
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Speaking of that, looks like DJI has some "focus fixers" of their own out now. I'm currently using some +3.50 diopter reading glasses, but may order a set of these as the reading glasses aren't optimal:

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-goggles-corrective-lenses
2017-12-31
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

luciens Posted at 2017-12-31 10:01
Speaking of that, looks like DJI has some "focus fixers" of their own out now. I'm currently using some +3.50 diopter reading glasses, but may order a set of these as the reading glasses aren't optimal:

Good spot, pity you can't order them individually for those with different prescriptions for either eye. Nonetheless a good addition.
2017-12-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 2017-12-31 10:01

That's a good spot, however at £26 a pair. My glasses were customised for me (eyes different) by optician and came in at £29.

Might be worth asking one of the mods to check if they could mix and match :-)
2017-12-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-31 10:19
Good spot, pity you can't order them individually for those with different prescriptions for either eye. Nonetheless a good addition.

You do have a P4 don't you, just checking as this is the P4 Advanced section ?
2017-12-31
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-31 11:03
You do have a P4 don't you, just checking as this is the P4 Advanced section ?

Yes a P4 put it in the wrong section.
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules