Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH
1217 15 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZukySpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 226066 ft
Portugal

Hello

A few days agoi was flying spark sudnelly it say disconnected. The sprk was at about 10 meters distance from me and 5 meter high. It started descending at that distance from me.  Lets thing about the other senarios like  The mobile crash. No battery on mobile. No battery on RC... why in this situation the drone does not came to the original home point? I know that there are some rules for RTH, when it it near you it only descend. But imagim i was over a river? Or on the top of a hill...
2017-12-31
Use props
Bowie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20564 ft
France

The manual explain this situation : if the drone is less than 20m from you, it will land at his position.  The spark would land at his starting point if he's more than 20m away
2017-12-31
Use props
ZukySpark
Second Officer
Portugal

I know the manual says it. But imagine i am flying in a bridge. My home point is in the bridge. I will fly the drone outside the bridge but near me... if something happen.. i will see spark diving... why RTH does not have a option. Return allways to homepoint?
2017-12-31
Use props
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

There are too many rules.
We need just one RTH procedure. One that always is the same, no matter what.
How should it work?

I can think of:
Return to home at preset altitude, hover at 50cm altitude for 10 seconds and land if pilot does nothing. If home is more that 100 meters away, fly faster until it is.
2017-12-31
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZukySpark Posted at 2017-12-31 11:13
I know the manual says it. But imagine i am flying in a bridge. My home point is in the bridge. I will fly the drone outside the bridge but near me... if something happen.. i will see spark diving... why RTH does not have a option. Return allways to homepoint?

I think the part that you are missing about the RTH procedure is that when it descends, it goes to 0.3 meter height and hovers waiting for the pilot to acknowledge that it actually wants it to land.  If the pilot doesn't acknowledge, it will sit there and hover at that height until the battery gets so low it can't stay airborne any longer and it will finish its landing.

2017-12-31
Use props
Paul Lee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

Just make sure you are 20 meters away from the river when you launch.... easy
2017-12-31
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

If you like your Spark, pick an appropriate place to fly.  I would never fly my model airplane or helicopter from the bridge because of your scenario and many other risks.  Any normal RC model crash/engine/battery failure would also cause problems when flown from your bridge.

The Spark's RTH works great when flown from a RC field or from a place the FAA would expect you to as a RC model hobbyist.
2017-12-31
Use props
ZukySpark
Second Officer
Portugal

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-12-31 14:54
I think the part that you are missing about the RTH procedure is that when it descends, it goes to 0.3 meter height and hovers waiting for the pilot to acknowledge that it actually wants it to land.  If the pilot doesn't acknowledge, it will sit there and hover at that height until the battery gets so low it can't stay airborne any longer and it will finish its landing.

If it starts the descend move near a tree or a river... A crash will be sure! Waiting for the end of the battery will not bring you nothing but stress...
2018-1-1
Use props
Filip3rd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39390 ft
Iran

Mobile dies, remote dies because of having no charge??? You should sue DJI, why they didn’t charge your remote and mobile
2018-1-1
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Captain
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Enable "RTH at current altitude" and the spark should now RTH even when it's within 20 metres
2018-1-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

ZukySpark Posted at 2018-1-1 01:49
If it starts the descend move near a tree or a river... A crash will be sure! Waiting for the end of the battery will not bring you nothing but stress...

It brings you the chance, to restart phone and RC
And another one, reconnecting to the bird!
2018-1-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Filip3rd Posted at 2018-1-1 01:58
Mobile dies, remote dies because of having no charge??? You should sue DJI, why they didn’t charge your remote and mobile

Are you sure it is understood, without irony or sarcasm tags?
2018-1-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-1 02:03
Enable "RTH at current altitude" and the spark should now RTH even when it's within 20 metres

Exactly! It is well explained in the user manual:
RTH.JPG
2018-1-1
Use props
ZukySpark
Second Officer
Portugal

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-1 03:08
Exactly! It is well explained in the user manual:

Thanks. I will try that option next time.
2018-1-1
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

You do have options, set it to hover if disconnected.
2018-1-1
Use props
headshot9
lvl.4
United States

Easiest solution is not to set a home point that you don't have good clearing at least a few meters around you.
BTW,  I know that you used a bridge as an example (can also be a cliff), but as most bridges have lots of metal in them, it is not a good spot to take off...
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules