Phantom 3 se or Phantom 3 pro?
16646 8 2017-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nazrev2020
lvl.1
United States

Can someone please tell me the difference between the new “se” and the Phantom 3 pro? The se is 599.00 at Best Buy and I can buy a new Phantom 3 pro for 749.00... Thanks in advance! Happy New Year!
2017-12-31
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1277703 ft
United States

DJI doesn't support the P3 Pro anymore. Cameras are close to equivalent.  Go with the SE if you want something that can be updated on the regular.
2017-12-31
Use props
Nazrev2020
lvl.1
United States

ghost_ATX Posted at 2017-12-31 22:42
DJI doesn't support the P3 Pro anymore. Cameras are close to equivalent.  Go with the SE if you want something that can be updated on the regular.

Thanks! I just feel like the Pro might be a much better unit with the better light bridge technology. Im really struggling with which one to buy. I cannot spend the price of the P4p.
2018-1-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

DJI calls the SE "enhanced Wifi" but those of us who have studied the SE believe it's more like "dumbed down lightbridge."  

With the SE, you will connect to your mobile device via wifi, but with the P3P, you will connect to your mobile device via a cable which leaves your mobile device's wifi potentially available for other tasks such as logging into the DJI site if need be, logging into your 3G tracking device's app, etc.

I would go with the P3P.  They are getting hard and harder to find though.  Good luck.

2018-1-1
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would also choose the P3P over the SE. They both share all the same accessories, but to me the Pro has a better Remote, more user friendly buttons are placed and it a taad smaller. The SE remote is the same as the Standards remote which is bigger and has no user friendly buttons. Only difference I see between the SE and Standard remote is DJI finally added the mobile device holder like all the other remotes come with.

Also both SE and Pro have the 4k video capability, downward vision system, so essentially both drones are the same minus one using lightbridge and other on WiFi

Theres also the adopted brother nobody really talks about and thats the Phantom 3 4K. It too is essentially a Pro but uses WiFi like the standard and SE,  but the remote is the same style/size/user friendly as the Pro model is just no lightbridge.
2018-1-1
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Pro...it fly better den SE...AND way better... P3se latest update almost cause my drone bye bye.
2018-1-1
Use props
charlesxavier
lvl.1

Georgia

DJI Phantom 3 SE or Phantom 4 v2.0? The real question is that.
2018-10-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Azerbaijan

The thread is old and I am sure original poster made his decision long time ago !!!

I will say though ... when the SE first appeared - I was flying the P3S and I seriously looked at it ... then I destroyed my P3S and looked for replacement ... the Pro beat all hands down in my view ... and today I am still very happy with my P3 Pro and no intention to swap it out ... what for ?? It does the job very nicely thank you.

Nigel
2018-10-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yeah the P3P is 10x better than the P3SE for at least a dozen good reasons.  
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules