Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Rc wifi disapear after last update in android phones
673 5 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd5ba182b
Flight distance : 454751 ft
Kuwait

After last update the spark Rc wifi disapears and we need a fix to it in android phones and tablets .. in iphone this problem dos not exist .. i found a temporary solution but you need to do it each time you want to fly .. once you land the spark and before you even shut any thing off the wifi also disapear .. so you need to do all the steps again .. this problem i think is cused when you get the msg on your phone ( wlan settings have been changed ) .. we need a real fix for this problem .. i will write the fix but it is just temporary
1-  turn on the Rc
2- reset the Rc ( long press  the power button for 9 seconds )
3- turn off the Rc
4- turn on spark
5- long press the battry for 6 seconds till you hear 2 beeps
6- turn off spark
7- turn on spark then long press battry button for 9 seconds till you hear 3 beeps
8- turn off spark
9- turn on spark then press the battery for 6 seconds till you hear 2 beeps
10- now press the battrey bitton for 3 seconds till you hear 1 beep
11- turn on the Rc
12- press the puase , fn and the custom button ( right side behind capture button ) all together
13- problem solved and now you can link your phone to the Rc and spark

2018-1-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

-After last update the spark Rc wifi disapears and we need a fix to it in android phones and tablets .. in iphone this problem dos not exist .-

So you saying, iOS (iPhone) sees the wifi, but not the Droid Phone?
That seems to be the android problem with the 5,8Ghz wifi, then.
Aside that I would like to know, why the Spark is selecting 2.4 GHz to Spark, but keeping only the 5.8Ghz for the Device.
Is Kuwait using CE regulations?

I can't help you with that, as I don't use wifi to connect to RC
And with the many switches, RC-AC, that I could see just last night again, from 5.8 to 2.4 and vice versa, midflight, I will not go that path.

But:
You wanna use the android.
Downgrade your android app to 4.1.15
Get a otg cabel from the RC to the phone (direction is important!)
And don't worry about the wifi connection.
And never update the app again till it is confirmed in this forum, that a app after 4.1.15 is supporting otg again.
Which 4.1.18 and 4.1.22 arent!
2018-1-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I believe it is just an issue of correct startup sequence. I have right now tested it with my Galaxy S5 with app version .22 and Spark on latest firmware. No problem at all on my side. What you should do is always start up Spark last, which will also save you some battery for more flight time.
First start up RC and then switch on WiFi of your mobile device. Connect it with RC and then start up DJI GO 4. Connection between your mobile device and RC will be on the 2,4 Ghz band. Thereafter switch on Spark which will then automatically connect with the RC on the 5,8 Ghz band.
@S-e-ven: According to my observations the in flight switches between 2,4 and 5,8 Ghz only happen with OTG connection, because with OTG both bands are available for the Spark - RC connection.
2018-1-1
Use props
Flarbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 719 ft
United States

I am not clear on what the OP issue is but I've found that my Pixel 2 will not connect to the Spark's RC wifi AP without turning off the cellular radio. Either the phone or the App (I'm no developer) is having issues with routing correctly when both Network Interfaces are up. Even if they fix it I may keep the practice as it keeps any random notifications from other apps appearing mid flight.
2018-1-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-1 05:51
I believe it is just an issue of correct startup sequence. I have right now tested it with my Galaxy S5 with app version .22 and Spark on latest firmware. No problem at all on my side. What you should do is always start up Spark last, which will also save you some battery for more flight time.
First start up RC and then switch on WiFi of your mobile device. Connect it with RC and then start up DJI GO 4. Connection between your mobile device and RC will be on the 2,4 Ghz band. Thereafter switch on Spark which will then automatically connect with the RC on the 5,8 Ghz band.
@S-e-ven: According to my observations the in flight switches between 2,4 and 5,8 Ghz only happen with OTG connection, because with OTG both bands are available for the Spark - RC connection.

And that is exactly my point:
It seems, that only with otg it can happen.
Minimum in this frequency and this quick
Which I consider a safety feature for the drone usage
As long I dont have to, I do not give up on that!
Let the bird choose, witch band is best for it.
2018-1-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Flarbo Posted at 2018-1-1 08:06
I am not clear on what the OP issue is but I've found that my Pixel 2 will not connect to the Spark's RC wifi AP without turning off the cellular radio. Either the phone or the App (I'm no developer) is having issues with routing correctly when both Network Interfaces are up. Even if they fix it I may keep the practice as it keeps any random notifications from other apps appearing mid flight.

The WiFi connection is between your mobile device and the RC, the app has no role in this. Thus it is the mobile device that cannot handle two data connections in parallel. Personally I wouldn't choose that anyway.
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules