3D Printed Mavic Leg Extensions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

A saw (then acquired) these printed leg extensions for my MPP. I like them particularly (already have some 'stock' 3rd party ones from AMZN) because the rear leg extends rearward, to a point, allowing for hand catching the Mavic using that rear leg, which avoids having one's hand trigger the bottom sensors. I've seen (on Aldryn Estacio's YT channel) an excellent method for hand catching the mavic (no runaway motors, etc..) with no extensions, but I like the idea of leg extensions, but the stock ones make it tricky to handle the bottom of the Mavic.
These are made of ABS, and are availabe on eBay for 9 bucks USD (can be cleaned, lightly roughed and painted if desired):

LegExt'nsWHandCtch 2018-01-01 at 6.47.33 AM.png

2018-1-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gives it an alien look. Nice
2018-1-1
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-1 06:20
Gives it an alien look. Nice

And we LIKE aliens, right? Lots of 3D printed stuff for UAVs out now, it seems. Also saw a viddy of demonstration of hand catching using these/similar extensions. Like grabbin' it by the tail. Good idea.
2018-1-1
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I saw a video on the Spark (and they said it works for the Mavic also) if you grab the bird and turn it 90* so it is on its side the motors will turn off without touching the RC.
2018-1-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-1-1 06:25
And we LIKE aliens, right? Lots of 3D printed stuff for UAVs out now, it seems. Also saw a viddy of demonstration of hand catching using these/similar extensions. Like grabbin' it by the tail. Good idea.

Yes we do.
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules