Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Supprised by Phantom 3 release
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canzonerik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24222 ft
United States

So how many of you were supprised by purchasing a Phantom 2 a few weeks before the release of the Phantom 3 and not be offered any type of upgrade, I worked directly with DJI Pre Sales in hopes this kind of thing would not happen, nothing was ever mentioned to maybe hold off a couple weeks for new announcements, hell even Apple gives folks a heads up that new products are coming, its funny how I was able to order and make my payment very quickly but when it comes to helping out the customer, nothing.  All I can say is I had higher regards for DJI than I do now.  Hopefully their future business model will be better.

Very Dissapointed,

KC

2015-4-20
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

How exactly were you screwed ?
You bought and presumably received exactly what you ordered.
You did your research and chose the Phantom 2 over the many other products available at the time, just because a new product has been announced after your purchase Is no reason to feel disappointed.
2015-4-20
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

WOW is this an old topic.  Maybe review the other threads and as johnwarr say, "how were you screwed"?
2015-4-20
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Although l can understand your point that a heads-up would have been nice, l agree with john and ace that you weren't exactly screwed over. l bought my v3 in February and l can't say enough about this thing   -  l love it!
lf both were on the market at the same time l would probably still have bought this one. lt might be the last model with autonomous flight which is something l want to hang onto. l guess it comes down to what you want out of it. lf the P3 has something that you really wanted that the v3 doesn't have, l can understand your disappointment.
2015-4-20
Use props
canzonerik
lvl.1
United States

I just feel a heads up would have been nice, as I said I have dealt with other companies that have done just that, typically offered an upgrade path or specifically said to hold off for a bit before purchase.  Again it was suggested by DJI pre sales that I purchase directly from them for better service, I feel this would fall under "Better Service", the big upset for me is if the PV3 came out at some substantial cost difference, and the PV2+ was still available and not made obsolete that day I would have thought nothing of it, but it came out at almost the same price point, and substantial improvements, I had not even flown mine but 3 times at that point.  But at this point nothing will be done so I will move forward, just needing to vent my disappointment.

KC
2015-4-20
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Just think of it this way -
You have a 14mp camera, P3 is 12mp
You have the vision app with ground station and several SDK made apps to choose from, P3 has the pilot app with no GS at release.
You have a well proven product in its 3rd generation of improvements, P3 is untested but will evolve over time.
2015-4-20
Use props
canzonerik
lvl.1
United States

johnwarr,

Thanks for the level headed reply, I am actually very pleased with the PV2+, I guess part of this is the geek in me always wanting the latest greatest, and being that close to the release I felt a little cheated, but the comments on this site have opened my eyes a bit, screwed over was a frustration comment.  Thanks for the replies.  I will go and enjoy my PV2+, happy flying to all.

KC
2015-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules