3799 5 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanIRL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5384 ft
Ireland

Hi guys.
New owner of little Spark and first time pilot. Been enjoying watching plenty of YouTube Videos and reading plenty of posts here which have anwsered many of my questions.
So much information to take in and so many things to consider before and during flights. I'm actually amazed that you can just walk in and buy such a powerful little machine and begin using it straight away without any oversight or requirement to even read the manual, except for your own conscience!
I enjoy reading a manual when I get a new "toy" as I am always wanting to get the most from my purchases and often people are spending so much money on "toys" and not using them to their utmost becasue they never bothered to read the manual or do some research.
I know people that have an Amazon Alexa but only ever ask it to play music - it can do so much more.
Anyway - in my effort to fly as safely as possible and avoid Flyaway, which terrifies me - not just because of losing the drone but becasue of damage it could do - I have compiled a pre flight checklist.
Its comprised of some info I found here and some from Youtube etc.

I'd be interested in some feedback about anything wrong or anything I have missed. Trying to keep it relatively short and simple enough, and easy to follow. If its not simple, I'm not likely to follow it each time.

Partyicularly interested on the section about Compass Calibration - seems to be some conflicting info about this.
But whats in the checklist is my understanding of it at the moment.
I think the Compass stuff, along with high wind can probably explain the majority of Flyaways.

Pre Flight Spark2.jpg

2018-1-1
Use props
Locationscout_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

Hi, that sounds very practical to use. Thank you for your effort. My additional point on radar calibration would be, that you have to calibrate your smartphone compass and check the red arrow after that again. Until now i never had to caibrate the AC compass. Fly safe!  
2018-1-1
Use props
xfirf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Thanks for the effort.

Looks good. I will save it in my Evernote. :-)
2018-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Just watch if red arrow on your device monitor is not correct, you can always try calibrating device ie Phone. You should print out your checklist and try using it before and after flight, once you start using it you will continue. Good job.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Really practical pre-flight checklist. Thanks for your sharing and choosing a good place to fly is an essential element for successful flight, too.
flight environment.PNG
2018-1-1
Use props
Filip3rd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39390 ft
Iran

Awesome. It seem most flyaways are pilot error and less the Drone. So your check list is good. And Electra has pointed out area where you fly is most important.

I am saving your check list!!!
2018-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules