Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CrystalSky Losing maps
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy,

Or any other users with this issue can respond .
When using my CrystalSky Maps , I lose map information unless I Zoom all the way back out, When Zooming in I get a yellow screen with Chinese Symbol Face winking with yellow back ground.

Soft Reset or hard power down corrects it sometimes....  Is this a Firmware Bug?

When going to download Offine maps I only see china,  Main Land China Turned off in the settings.
I  belives it calibrates for Main land China even if not selected.

Hard Reset sometime allows me to see USA maps.

Any Answers?

2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Nazar, we are sorry to read on your post and the inconvenience you have been caused.
May I know if you have the same problem both in DJI Go and DJI Go 4?
What is the firmware version and the APP version you are running now?
May I have the screenshot of the MAP interface?
Thanks for imputing more info in advance.
2018-1-1
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Obviously this is a software bug. Everything is DJI brand, right? DJI Inspire/controller/CS. No excuses for using third party brand and therefore, it is within DJI's control and testing perimeters. I am thinking that CS has been rushed out for not disappointing all waiting customers. It is back on to the fact that not enough testing has been done. Buyers beware. I am sure DJI will sort it out given time. Just be patient.
2018-1-1
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2018-1-1 23:39
Obviously this is a software bug. Everything is DJI brand, right? DJI Inspire/controller/CS. No excuses for using third party brand and therefore, it is within DJI's control and testing perimeters. I am thinking that CS has been rushed out for not disappointing all waiting customers. It is back on to the fact that not enough testing has been done. Buyers beware. I am sure DJI will sort it out given time. Just be patient.

DJI  Mindy ,

I will post pictures later today , All Firmware are the lastest and most current releases for the crystalsky .

I had reset the crystalsky at least 6 times or more Back to factory defaults , with the same results .

Off lines   Maps  will default to china regardless of location settings on the  Crystalsky.
Can I roll back the firmware on the Crystalsky to a earlier version, seemed to work fine before .

2018-1-2
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Attached Pictures of my Crystalsky

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2018-1-2 05:13
DJI  Mindy ,

I will post pictures later today , All Firmware are the lastest and most current releases for the crystalsky .

2018-1-2
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy ,

Awaiting your reply !
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2018-1-3 20:42
DJI Mindy ,

Awaiting your reply !

Sir, sorry to have kept you waiting, it would be better to reply my post directly, I will get the notification and will reply in time, thank you for the understanding.
I'm confirming with our engineers and I will keep you updated very soon, please wait me for a moment, thank you.
2018-1-3
Use props
fans4f8954b4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Same problem for me on ultra CS
2018-1-4
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2018-1-4 18:23
Same problem for me on ultra CS

Thank you, I feel better now I am not alone now ...!!!

Neil
2018-1-4
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Any answers yet ?
2018-1-5
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dji Mindy or  any other Members on this forum have any solutions to this problem Crystal Sky map problems.

I know I am not the only one , Still waiting  for a reply....

Neil

2018-1-6
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
United States

Could you ask for replacement since it does not work or get a refund? You are in a weak position of get any response. Other people don't have this problem and they are recommending for the purchase too.
2018-1-6
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTK ,

Yes will call this week and send it back under warranty.. the only problem who knows how long it will take for a replacement unit .

Thank you
2018-1-7
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
United States

I am really to hear thus. Try to consider this next time, buy from local retailers or best buy, Amazon etc, who can give much better after sales service.
2018-1-7
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have got a similar problem with my 7.85 UB. What works for me is to press the home-symbol in the app (dji go in my case, not go4) and when I‘m on the starting-screen of the app, where the inspire 1 raw is shown and I can press „open camera“, I re-enter it and the maps appear most of the time
2018-1-7
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-1-7 11:46
I have got a similar problem with my 7.85 UB. What works for me is to press the home-symbol in the app (dji go in my case, not go4) and when I‘m on the starting-screen of the app, where the inspire 1 raw is shown and I can press „open camera“, I re-enter it and the maps appear most of the time

Take it back for a replacement, it is a premium product. You probably don't want it to work around it or only have it work most of the time.
2018-1-7
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DTK Posted at 2018-1-7 13:35
Take it back for a replacement, it is a premium product. You probably don't want it to work around it or only have it work most of the time.

I won't do that, because everything else works really well on my CS. As long as the open-close-open again works for me, I will not send it back and be without an ultrabright monitor for an uncertain time.
2018-1-7
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

martinfueloep Posted at 2018-1-7 23:20
I won't do that, because everything else works really well on my CS. As long as the open-close-open again works for me, I will not send it back and be without an ultrabright monitor for an uncertain time.

DJI Mindy ,

I took the time out of my busy schedule to send pictures that you ask me for, Versions numbers of software and Firmware .  It has been over a week now and no response from you ?

Is my problem not a concern or there’s not answer ?  

As this issue was caused in the last Firmware or software update , it there a way to roll back Firmware on the  Crystalsky ?

2018-1-10
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
United States

Dji please respond to this issue. Otherwise, all potential customers for Cs will be sitting on the fence or jump ships.
2018-1-10
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2018-1-10 19:10
Dji please respond to this issue. Otherwise, all potential customers for Cs will be sitting on the fence or jump ships.

DTK,
Below is a copy of DJI Mindy wrote in another post 0n 12/12/2017 So why is she making me take pictures of firmware ?

Hi, Rob, as the offline maps service of HERE Maps is unstable, we have temporarily removed this feature from DJI GO v3.1.23 for Android and DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 for Android. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible.
I have also explained in your previous post with the recommended resolution, please check it out, thank you.

This is not the First Time DJI won't reply, It seems when there is a firmware Issue we can wait weeks or months until a Fix..!!   We are all Software Beta testers by design.  

Dji is still light years ahead in design for the price, If only there would stop playing with the firmware and keep a tested version for awhile .
2018-1-11
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

CS and Cendence are the 2 most recent new playthings from DJI. They are the sort must have for the geeks and most desirable if money is not a reason. I always doubt DJI 's ability to deliver a stable and complete product. I have been sitting on the fence awaiting for the eager users to tell me when they are really working satisfactorily. For CS's competition, I can see Galaxy note 8 and I have bought it since Xmas. I have no hesitation of recommending it since it is 99% stable and delivering what I want, ie very bright screen for outdoor use. The larger screen and high resolution are the added benefits. Bear in mind, Note 8 is running on stock android so you are not subject to DJI' s forced update for CS. Stock android also gives you flexibility to install other third party apps. I am very disappointed with CS with locked down functionality and yet still have not had the house in order to fun a stable app.
2018-1-11
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2018-1-11 20:02
CS and Cendence are the 2 most recent new playthings from DJI. They are the sort must have for the geeks and most desirable if money is not a reason. I always doubt DJI 's ability to deliver a stable and complete product. I have been sitting on the fence awaiting for the eager users to tell me when they are really working satisfactorily. For CS's competition, I can see Galaxy note 8 and I have bought it since Xmas. I have no hesitation of recommending it since it is 99% stable and delivering what I want, ie very bright screen for outdoor use. The larger screen and high resolution are the added benefits. Bear in mind, Note 8 is running on stock android so you are not subject to DJI' s forced update for CS. Stock android also gives you flexibility to install other third party apps. I am very disappointed with CS with locked down functionality and yet still have not had the house in order to fun a stable app.

DJI Mindy,

Its has been some time since I wrote on the topic of offline maps , to find out in another forum that is has been removed in version 4.1.18 on the CS Unit and the person who wrote this was "DJI Mindy"  so tell me why I am still holding  my Breath for a answer when it will be turned back on or the stability issue fixed.

with over $10,000 invested in DJI hardware and started from the Phantom 1,3,4 as a loyal customer I think  I am in title to have a answer , why is DJI always hiding something !!!

Hi, Rob, as the offline maps service of HERE Maps is unstable, we have temporarily removed this feature from DJI GO v3.1.23 for Android and DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 for Android. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible.
I have also explained in your previous post with the recommended resolution, please check it out, thank you.
2018-1-22
Use props
fans8de1c26b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1797185 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No maps here in Australia on my Crystalsky? no option to download, I believe the option has been removed by DJI, awaiting updated FW. Quite annoying realy as my set up has cost thousands. there is another point, the stability of the go4 app, it stops working 1 in 4 times although generaly ok I'm grounded untill it's all working properley.
2018-2-22
Use props
fans8de1c26b
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

I turn the CS on every day waiting for the update to get some sort of maps.
2018-2-26
Use props
Chipke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2668323 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

fans8de1c26b Posted at 2018-2-26 19:52
I turn the CS on every day waiting for the update to get some sort of maps.

I have same problem - no maps. It is terrible, have same ideas to downgrade to version 4.1.14 whera are maps? I try to find old firmwares, but I was not succesfully. I am displeased with new firmwares.
2018-3-5
Use props
TonySmith
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Please DJI I have the larger of the 2 CS screens "no maps", I have done a reset but can't update the go4 app as it's the latest already installed, how can I reinstall or downgrade. Not having maps is potentially dangerous When I look in the go4 folder and search there is no mapbox folder? I think I remember seeing one? but after a reset I no longer have any saved maps, very disappointing after paying over $1000 AU
2023-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules