Problem with Video on TV
1086 11 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jainy
lvl.1
Germany

Hi guys!

I got some issues with my Mavic's camera. No matter what I do, there is a white pulsing when I watch my Videos on my TV screen and I don't know how to fix it.It is not that apperant, when I watch it on my PC Screen or smartphone / tablet, but it's really hard to watch when watching it on my TV.

Here is one unedited and 2 colorgraded videos I made, Don't judge please, my ifrst baby steps in editing and filming.

ISO 100
shutter as low as possible, try to aim for 50
PAL
4k 24FPS
Mp4
White Balance Manual
D Log
1,-3,-3
ND 4 and withoiut
unedited
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=K2oFcz6yZ3w

edited
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=ZSKHCe6z9Tk
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=ORedMnomr60

Does anybody else have this problem, is ther a known fix to this? It's unwatchable on my TV Screen. My TV is only 1080p, but watching other DJI footage looks good, it's just mine that does it.

Thanks for your help and time!
2018-1-1
Use props
Jainy
lvl.1
Germany

Here I tried to capture it on my TV Screen with my smartphone, you can see a flashing / pulsing white effect in the trees. It's hard to capture filming your tv screen with a potato camera.

2018-1-1
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Unfortunately, most of your videos are unavailable so you must have taken them off Youtube.
It may or may not make a difference but do you have your anti flicker set to 50.
How are you getting the video to your TV screen?
2018-1-1
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Do you have a 4k TV?Also, you have a lot of noise in your video, caused by 1+ sharpness, try 0,-3,-3 for style setting or use neat video plugin
2018-1-2
Use props
Jainy
lvl.1
Germany

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-1 22:13
Unfortunately, most of your videos are unavailable so you must have taken them off Youtube.
It may or may not make a difference but do you have your anti flicker set to 50.
How are you getting the video to your TV screen?

Hey,

sorry the videos should work now, they were set on private and since i was logged in, I didn't realize other people were not able to watch them! I watch the Videos via youtube on my TV, using my Xbox One. When I watch Mavic footage from others it works fine.

Thomas
2018-1-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Which soft ware for edit/color grade?
2018-1-2
Use props
Jainy
lvl.1
Germany

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-2 01:06
Do you have a 4k TV?Also, you have a lot of noise in your video, caused by 1+ sharpness, try 0,-3,-3 for style setting or use neat video plugin

Hey,

my TV can only do 1080p, but 4k Videos shouldn't look that terrible when watched on a TV with less resolution?

@Jenee - i set Video to PAL, so it is automatically 50HZ, can only change to 60 when using NTSC
2018-1-2
Use props
Jainy
lvl.1
Germany

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-2 01:12
Which soft ware for edit/color grade?

I use Premiere Pro, I was thinking maybe there is something happening during rendering that "destroys" the video file, that's why i tried some unedited footage, whitch is strobing too. You can see it on the last video i subimited called "strobing", in the second part the trees next to the horizon are having the effect quite visible.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jainy
lvl.1
Germany

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-2 01:06

okay, i will try sharpness at 0, i read somewhere that the camera noise reduction will make the videos even worse when sharpness is set below +1? is that true or was it below 0?

Thanks for all your answers so far, I hope we can figure it out.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Iit's below zero, and yes that could be the problem, be sure that org fps same as render one,
You can try Davinci Resolve 14 free edition.
look here for sharpness setting
2018-1-2
Use props
Jainy
lvl.1
Germany

I just shot some footage at 0,-3,-3 will chech it out now, also tried switching between NTSC (60HZ) and PAL(50HZ) see if that make a difference.

FPS are the same, and it's the unedited footage, that has the strobe effect too, so that souldn't be the problem.

Thanks so far, will be back
2018-1-2
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Jainy Posted at 2018-1-2 01:13
Hey,

my TV can only do 1080p, but 4k Videos shouldn't look that terrible when watched on a TV with less resolution?

If you want to watch your videos on a TV that only has 1080p then you should try shooting the videos in that resolution. I only have a TV that is 1080p and have never been able to play 4k successfully. When you say you watch other Mavic videos it is possible that they are only 1080p or the device you are using to watch them is defaulting to the 1080p resolution.
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules