Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video stops recording
5753 13 2018-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello guys,

I have been flying my Mavic Pro and it was only yesterday when I had the chance to fly it in an open field and had beautiful aerial view. I was able to record 3 minutes of the view and then when I thought I was filming, I noticed that the SD card says N/A and I can't press the buttons to record or take pictures. I restarted the aircraft and the SD card showed up and as I pressed record, it stopped after 4 seconds. There is no way for me to record again (which only lasts 4 seconds) unless I restart my aircraft. I didn't bring a back up so I wasn't able to format it coz I don't want to lose the first shots I have taken.
I am using a 64 GB extreme plus. It didn't come with the drone, it was a back up for my gopro.
I formatted it before filming. (I was able to record some prior to shutting down by itself)

When I got home, I exported all the videos and photos and reformatted the SD card and tested if it will stop but for some reason, it recorded normally. I bought another SD card coz I don't want to deal with the disappointment of not being able to record my flight.

Does this have anything to do with my video cache? There was a guy in the field and asked him if he had encountered that problem and told me it could be the cache, that I should set it to a bigger one, like 8-16gb. I just turned it off but I read somewhere that it won't be saved on my iPad anymore and not autoedit some shots. Can someone give me advice here on what to do?

Thanks in advance! Happy New Year!

2018-1-1
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

You could have downloaded the footage from the SD-card to your phone (if it had enough memory to store it) and then format the SD-card...
2018-1-1
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mari Posted at 2018-1-1 12:57
You could have downloaded the footage from the SD-card to your phone (if it had enough memory to store it) and then format the SD-card...

I thought of that, but I was recording in 4K and won't save on my phone.
2018-1-1
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Most simple solution is to carry more than on micro sd-card when you are on trip... or a fancy device like this
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... _only_for_udma.html
2018-1-1
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mari Posted at 2018-1-1 13:52
Most simple solution is to carry more than on micro sd-card when you are on trip... or a fancy device like this
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1191264-REG/sanho_shdcsudma3000_casing_only_for_udma.html

Yes, thanks for your advice. I bought an extra SD card already. That device in the link is too fancy.
2018-1-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

There's another report on the forum of problems with 64GB cards when the card is half-full -- maybe it's something similar? If you clear off the files does the card work again?

Photos Not Downloading to Phone and Can't Access Library

2018-1-1
Use props
Christcena
New

United States

Hey, I have come across this problem once, but I manage to solve it by using another software, like screen recorder, so I use TuneFab Screen Recorder for recording video all the way.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-1-1 14:54
There's another report on the forum of problems with 64GB cards when the card is half-full -- maybe it's something similar? If you clear off the files does the card work again?

Photos Not Downloading to Phone and Can't Access Library

Hello,

It was not even half of the capacity. i reformatted the SD card and just used it earlier and didn't have any problem.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Christcena Posted at 2018-1-1 18:23
Hey, I have come across this problem once, but I manage to solve it by using another software, like screen recorder, so I use TuneFab Screen Recorder for recording video all the way.

I will look into that app but hopefully won't happen to me again. Thanks
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please try to do more tests with the SD card that came with the drone and see it the same case will appear. If it won't repeat, then it is the issue with the SD card.
We suggest using SD card with Class 10/UHS-1 and above and writing speed with 60Mbps. Please kindly choose original SD card from the SD card company, which can ensure the full test of its stability and compatibility.
And for the video cache, if you turned it off on your that flight, there might not be a way to recover it. If you are using an iOS device, video resolutions below 4K, 3840×2160 (included) will be able to download to the editor with the latest app. If you are shooting C4K video at that time, might be you can edit the video on your PC.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJIPilot-IceBox
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-2 01:09
Hi there, please try to do more tests with the SD card that came with the drone and see it the same case will appear. If it won't repeat, then it is the issue with the SD card.
We suggest using SD card with Class 10/UHS-1 and above and writing speed with 60Mbps. Please kindly choose original SD card from the SD card company, which can ensure the full test of its stability and compatibility.
And for the video cache, if you turned it off on your that flight, there might not be a way to recover it. If you are using an iOS device, video resolutions below 4K, 3840×2160 (included) will be able to download to the editor with the latest app. If you are shooting C4K video at that time, might be you can edit the video on your PC.

Hello,

I am not using the SD card that came with the Drone because they are only 16GB. But all my SD cards are Extreme plus and they are originals. Bought them both at Best Buy. I tested the SD card yesterday and didn't have any problem. With the video cache, yes I wasn't able to see an auto edit because I turned it off. I will keep you guys updated. The guy from BestBuy said it could be a failing SD card.

Thanks for all your input. I will keep testing the SD card.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DJIPilot-IceBox Posted at 2018-1-2 11:04
Hello,

I am not using the SD card that came with the Drone because they are only 16GB. But all my SD cards are Extreme plus and they are originals. Bought them both at Best Buy. I tested the SD card yesterday and didn't have any problem. With the video cache, yes I wasn't able to see an auto edit because I turned it off. I will keep you guys updated. The guy from BestBuy said it could be a failing SD card.

Thank you for the update. If there is a need, please go to the General Settings to enable the Cache Video option.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2018-1-3
Use props
fanse8bc6eb7
lvl.1
United States

Hi Everyone!

Just purchased the Mavic Pro and completely love it! However, I noticed when I download all the videos that they all stop at 9:06 with a video capacity of 4.3GB. I cannot record beyond that. I like to fly long distance but it is frustrating that the entire flight cannot be recorded and that it is turnoff at the 9 minute mark. I'm running a SanDisk 128gb class 3 card. Is this a settings configuration. Thanks
2019-1-21
Use props
djiuser_rW56NJmm6xB1
New

Australia

Hi, recently purchased a dji Air 2S. While video recording and flying around 1 Km away in line of sight, in a very windy condition over ocean, it stopped video recording on its own.

I could not manually restart recording till i brought the drone within 300 metres or so.

Why is DJI Air 2S stopping to record in flight under direct line of sight? Could it be high winds and moisture?
2021-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules