2018-1-2
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-2 04:12
Ugh...when ever I read the word "hack" i freaking cringe, because nothing good ever comes after it

You are not right, in germany we make burger from "Hack"...
2018-1-2
Use props
massipos
lvl.2

Italy

................ Some, like a strange new force, is rising after this topic was edit...... We'll see who will be afraid, and will stay on the right path...... or who will be intrepid and with fearless switch to this bad side, the dark side of Spark...
2018-1-2
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

The spark needs to be hacked. It’s asking for it.
Personally I want user choices, like
No non-essential messages
No beeping
No throttling when using obstacle avoidance
Atti mode on-switch
Bottom sensors off-switch
Dumb mode (with gyros only).
User defined RTH pattern

And features like
Waypoints
Course lock
Orbit
Expo settings for the sticks
Reversible gimbal dial
Useful function button assignments
Crutches for the bad wifi many androids have.
2018-1-2
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Let's all go to the dark side of the force
2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The app controls the drone... I live in the UK and never have any issue with transmission. The only reason one would want FCC in Europe is to reach 7KM rather than 4KM - anything beyond 500M is illegal in the UK unless you have permission from the CAA and that won’t give that without a commercial UAV qualification. Hacking the app effectively hacks the performance ability of the drone!
2018-1-2
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-2 05:39
The app controls the drone... I live in the UK and never have any issue with transmission. The only reason one would want FCC in Europe is to reach 7KM rather than 4KM - anything beyond 500M is illegal in the UK unless you have permission from the CAA and that won’t give that without a commercial UAV qualification. Hacking the app effectively hacks the performance ability of the drone!

"never have any issue with transmission. "
Lots do though, hence this thread.

"The only reason one would want FCC in Europe is to reach 7KM rather than 4KM"
I'm not after distance, I'm after stability and reliability.

"anything beyond 500M is illegal in the UK"
We know...and not one person has advocated doing anything illegal.

"Hacking the app effectively hacks the performance ability of the drone!"
Yep, we know, that's why people are doing it.
2018-1-2
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Ricardo Ghion Posted at 2018-1-2 05:35
Let's all go to the dark side of the force

I agree with You
2018-1-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For good and bad this is the right place to discuss this.
2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, I wouldn’t advise hacking the app. OcuSync is perfectly stable without the need of hacking it. If you are losing transmission within 500M you either have a fault with your device or RC or you are in an area you shouldn’t be with heavy interference or obstruction. As for ‘knowing’ - the OP replied he’s not hacking the drone - just the app. My point is that both are intrinsically linked.
2018-1-2
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-2 06:51
Well, I wouldn’t advise hacking the app. OcuSync is perfectly stable without the need of hacking it. If you are losing transmission within 500M you either have a fault with your device or RC or you are in an area you shouldn’t be with heavy interference or obstruction. As for ‘knowing’ - the OP replied he’s not hacking the drone - just the app. My point is that both are intrinsically linked.

This is the Spark we're talking about, not the Mavic pro...Occusync is not on the Spark
2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Of course it is - my mistake! Hack away! I sold mine as the transmission was ridiculous!  
2018-1-2
Use props
fanse5394b5d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

Mildman Posted at 2018-1-2 05:51

I couldn't agree more, Well said
2018-1-2
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

I am using only hacked app because:
1) FCC - its just safer. Stronger signal will give me a more time to reaction in a case of fly-away. Its not about a range. Its about reliability and safety.
2) anonymity - DJI will do not know where i am and what i do. I am not logging to their account, not sending and uploading anything. I am completely offline.
3) hacked NFZ - DJI will not decide where i will fly. My government and I  will do.
4) disabled updates - DJI will not decide about locking my device, or making any changes in my very own piece of hardware or software what i am using.
5) safety - DJI will not blow up remotely a battery just right into my or anyone else face.
2018-1-2
Use props
tim4flight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539518 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really?! Not on here please!
2018-1-2
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-2 06:55
Of course it is - my mistake! Hack away! I sold mine as the transmission was ridiculous!

Hilarious!
2018-1-2
Use props
Opst02
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59537 ft

Switzerland

If i could make 500m without issues i would not even think about searching a hacked version on the web..

Dji has not put any effort in making OTG avalable and is not working on a fix for the 5.8/2.4 ghz connection in EU. When a company ignores the customers they fix stuff by themself.
2018-1-2
Use props
ArnoSpark
lvl.4
Kenya

I would be interested in a PM to
2018-1-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kyokushin Posted at 2018-1-2 07:54
I am using only hacked app because:
1) FCC - its just safer. Stronger signal will give me a more time to reaction in a case of fly-away. Its not about a range. Its about reliability and safety.
2) anonymity - DJI will do not know where i am and what i do. I am not logging to their account, not sending and uploading anything. I am completely offline.

You don’t seem to mind so much as it’s clear from your avatar that you are indeed syncing your flights, you could always use pilot app absolute 100% privacy.
2018-1-2
Use props
Chazzw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 665213 ft
United Kingdom

Seems this is easy enough for Android users but not iOS. Surely this would show in the flight logs and invalidate the Warranty?

Would be interested in seeing the actual real world benefit of FCC though

2018-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Chazzw Posted at 2018-1-3 05:45
Seems this is easy enough for Android users but not iOS. Surely this would show in the flight logs and invalidate the Warranty?

Would be interested in seeing the actual real world benefit of FCC though

I think no matter what happens your Aircraft using hacked software your warranty will be invalid and I’m sure same may be said for Care refresh.
2018-1-3
Use props
Chazzw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 665213 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-3 06:08
I think no matter what happens your Aircraft using hacked software your warranty will be invalid and I’m sure same may be said for Care refresh.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm still nicely in my warranty period so I'm leaving it as standard.. when it runs out however I may have a play
2018-1-3
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Chazzw Posted at 2018-1-3 08:06
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm still nicely in my warranty period so I'm leaving it as standard.. when it runs out however I may have a play

I did consider warranty but i thought if i'm gonna lose my spark to a flyaway (Which is happening with some un-hacked Sparks) DJI are offering virtually no compensation.

If I crash it, then its my bad...unhacked i can't fly beyond 70 metres,...so i either sell it and lose minimum £200 on resale value in the UK, or at least enjoy it in FCC mode.

2018-1-3
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

The decision I took was to downgrade to version 4.1.15 ( back to OTG ) and to Stop any updates from DJI either firmware or the dji go 4 app.

The day DJi releases a version that support OTG, I will update.

2018-1-3
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-2 06:51

The Spark doesn’t use and never has used Occusync
2018-1-3
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Yes you are.
By running a modified version of the Go App you are effectively increasing the EIRP of the transmitting device (both the RC and the Spark will increase their TX power).
This is in direct violation of OFCOM legal limits for the 2.4 and 5.8ghz spectrums and thus you may well be staying within the law and confines of the Air Navigation Order but you would be illegally transmitting above power allocation levels on two frequency bands within the UK
2018-1-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tharg (from the Posted at 2018-1-3 12:25
The Spark doesn’t use and never has used Occusync

I know - refer to post number 54... & it's OcuSync BTW
2018-1-3
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Tharg (from the Posted at 2018-1-3 12:27
Yes you are.
By running a modified version of the Go App you are effectively increasing the EIRP of the transmitting device (both the RC and the Spark will increase their TX power).
This is in direct violation of OFCOM legal limits for the 2.4 and 5.8ghz spectrums and thus you may well be staying within the law and confines of the Air Navigation Order but you would be illegally transmitting above power allocation levels on two frequency bands within the UK

The guidelines push the responsibility to the manufacturer to not supply the non-compliant kit.  As you probably know, there are probably thousands of 'old' DSMS Spektrum transmitters out there, breaking these rules.   
Spektrum were under huge pressure to work around this and they resolved it properly through hardware.

Those old non compliant units were supplied to the market and therefore OFCOM cannot (Well they can actually, but wouldn't lol :-)) pursue owners.
The new Spektrum units (DSMX) are compliant and I am yet to read an example of the hacking of these.

I do understand your point though,but DJI can and should provide hardware that meets the OFCOM rules, they are choosing not to, leaving a flakey solution for consumers.

I build and fly RC planes and have avoided FPV'ing because it's practically impossible to do without breaking these rules.

Cheers.
2018-1-3
Use props
Artur Macau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256549 ft
Macao

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-2 03:52
it is a DJI bug , bacause i can switch from CE to FCC fooling the GPS position , i get 11 channles (FCC) in 2,4 GHZ Band InStead 13 from CE mODE[view_image]

In my case, i have no idea if in my place is using CE or FCC, and in the wifi settings i see no way choosing the frequency, the only buttons i see are AUTO and MANUAL, if i choose MANUAL, i can only see 5G, and the channels list .....
2018-1-3
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

You are almost there. You may need to scroll a little up to see the channel selector.
Channel 1-13 are 2.4GHz.
If channel 12 and 13 are among the choices, you are in CE mode.
2018-1-3
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-2 15:05
You don’t seem to mind so much as it’s clear from your avatar that you are indeed syncing your flights, you could always use pilot app absolute 100% privacy.

You see only what i am allowing you to see
In fact that are my three years old data what i synced.
2018-1-4
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-1-3 12:15
The decision I took was to downgrade to version 4.1.15 ( back to OTG ) and to Stop any updates from DJI either firmware or the dji go 4 app.

The day DJi releases a version that support OTG, I will update.

This is what most android users who want otg functionality are forced to do - hopefully dji doesn’t come up with a mandatory update
2018-1-4
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

New 4.1.15 mod is out, with pano,fcc and otg, google is your friend
2018-1-4
Use props
SubicBay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12375 ft
Philippines

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-4 23:26

Find only 4.1.14. Can I get a link by PM please
2018-1-5
Use props
FXF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68123 ft

Austria

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-4 23:26

...thank you in advance for PM to the link....
2018-1-5
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

you have pm
2018-1-5
Use props
SubicBay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12375 ft
Philippines

Thank you for the pm
2018-1-5
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Netherlands

4.1.15 FCC mod and orginal 4.1.22 on one device works! with app cloner premium version.
Both apps works perfectly.First install the mod app, then clone with app cloner, change icon color and name, then uninstall mod app, install the cloner app with new name and color, then download 4.1.22 from android store.
2018-1-9
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

can you please PM me too? Thanks!
2018-1-10
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4