Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weird issue with my P3A
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans84360c53
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388445 ft
United States

Prior to the firmware update I have flown this thing dozens of time for many hours without a single issue.

After updating to firmware 1.11.20 my Go app thinks my Advanced is a Pro. All appears to work except the video feed and camera controls are grayed out.

I've switched mobile devices, unlinked and relinked the RC, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tired Litchi, changed USB data cables yet no video feed.

Here's the weird part to me. Every time I put in the SD card with the firmware .bin and start the drone it "works" for a while, the camera LED flashes red/green a few times, then fast green flashes then solid green. I don't shut down the drone. I connect the RC and voila there's my Advanced AND a camera feed. The app shows FW 1.11.20 as expected.

I can restart the app. Still fine. Restart the RC and the app. Still Fine. Restart the drone and BAM! back to the app thinking it's a Pro and no video feed.

I have repeated these results several times.

DJI Online Support chat basically said, uh, it's broke, send it for repairs. Any ideas on how to possibly fix this before I ship it to them?

2018-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Not sure what would cause this, or how to fix it correctly, but it has to be frustrating.

I hope you can repair it yourself, to avoid any short or long, down time...

RedHotPoker
2018-1-1
Use props
Spacetrakker
Captain
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

I'm sorry for your problem and hope you can get a quick solution...

BUT...that said...You stated that  "Prior to the firmware update I have flown this thing dozens of time for many hours without a single issue."

Then I question WHY, WHY, WHY would you update the firmware on a perfectly functional drone when it has been said on theses forums so often that "If it works...don't update the firmware cause so many have ended up with subsequent problems.

However, hope you find a quick fix. Cheers
2018-1-1
Use props
BdMnky
lvl.1
United States

Spacetrakker Posted at 2018-1-1 17:47
I'm sorry for your problem and hope you can get a quick solution...

BUT...that said...You stated that  "Prior to the firmware update I have flown this thing dozens of time for many hours without a single issue."

Because I've never before had an issue that resulted from a firmware update.
2018-1-1
Use props
BdMnky
lvl.1
United States

One other thing I noticed is the when shows up as a Pro in the app the LED on the gimbal doesn't come on. The LED is always green when the app sees it as an Advanced.
2018-1-1
Use props
eldred
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

Any chance you loaded the Pro firmware by mistake?
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, what's the current firmware of the RC? Could you upload a short video for better assistance?
2018-1-2
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem might be that the .bin file is on the sd card. I would suggest that you format the sd card then insert it into the drone and try it that way.
2018-1-2
Use props
BdMnky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-2 02:50
Sir, what's the current firmware of the RC? Could you upload a short video for better assistance?

1.9.2+

Video will have to be later today as I am at work now.
2018-1-2
Use props
BdMnky
lvl.1
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2018-1-2 02:59
The problem might be that the .bin file is on the sd card. I would suggest that you format the sd card then insert it into the drone and try it that way.

I have formatted the sd card a few times. I have downloaded the .zip file a few times and extracted the newly DL'd .bin each time.
2018-1-2
Use props
BdMnky
lvl.1
United States

eldred Posted at 2018-1-1 22:01
Any chance you loaded the Pro firmware by mistake?

This is the firmware I've used.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... V01.11.0020.bin.zip
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BdMnky Posted at 2018-1-2 07:49
1.9.2+

Video will have to be later today as I am at work now.

Noted with thanks! I'll be here waiting for your update.
2018-1-4
Use props
BdMnky
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-4 02:10
Noted with thanks! I'll be here waiting for your update.

Thanks but I went ahead and sent it for repairs. I should know in the next day or two what is the diagnosis.
2018-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2018-1-2 02:59
The problem might be that the .bin file is on the sd card. I would suggest that you format the sd card then insert it into the drone and try it that way.

That's the first thing I would do ... remove the bin file from the card root.

Most know that I am a firm believer in keeping the FW bin file on the card - so it auto updates any new battery etc. I might get ... but in the case of OP - I think it best to remove the BIN file ..

The Red / Green  of the LED is the card being read and bin file being actioned. Usually it will result in the TXT file having an additional FW same or older - aborted lines added ....

I would also before removing ... no need to format ... open up the TXT file in the card root ... and scroll through the update log ... concentrating on the last few where it has problems .. see what it says.

I'm just guessing now - but are you sure you have correct FW file for your P3 version ?

Nigel
2018-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

BdMnky Posted at 2018-1-9 07:48
Thanks but I went ahead and sent it for repairs. I should know in the next day or two what is the diagnosis.

Lubricate the wallet !! its likely in for a shock ...

Nigel
2018-1-9
Use props
NaiNyshaH
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

After upgrading my DJI phantom 3 advances I am facing invalid batteries issue
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules