GPS/Bluetooth Trackers
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timsierramist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46299 ft
United States

I was the latest victim of DJI's Spark Fly Away issue. I was definitely one of those guys who didn't think it could happen to them, trusting and relying on DJI and their products. Still, so far I am loyal to DJI and hoping for a good outcome from my claim.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-127134-1-1.html

So while I wait for Customer Care to hash that out, I decided to bite the bullet and just BUY A MAVIC! My wallet is hurting, but sooner or later I was going to buy one anyways, so I figured now was as good a time as any.

So all that said, one thing I could have absolutely benefited from in finding my lost Spark was a GPS or Bluetooth tracker to narrow down the precise location. Coming off a lost drone, I am highly interested in purchasing one of these.

I have seen a few different options, but I wanted to know what type of trackers you have affixed to your Mavic.

It's important of course that it doesn't interfere with the drone itself. So I would need to make sure it's small enough, light enough and positioned in a good position where it doesn't interfere with sensors, the onboard compass, GPS, etc.

Bonus points if you have actually lost your drone and found it with one of these trackers. :-D

Thank you for the information.
2018-1-1
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1916 ft
Canada

My brother in law lost his mavic with a flyaway in recent weeks, and DJI thankfully replaced it - since then I have also been thinking about GPS tracker on my bird. The one I'm leaning towards is made by TRACKIMO, which is sold at BestBuy and online retailers - strap it to your bird and go with live tracking.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am so sorry for your loss, mate. Hope you will get news about the data analysis result from us. But to be honest, we don't suggest mounting the unauthorized accessories on the drone, or it might avoid the warranty according to the After-sales Policy. Thank you so much for your understanding. warranty.png
2018-1-1
Use props
Gui0123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331224 ft
France

Hello,
I was going to buy a GPS tracker but that's a shame that it break the warranty to install one on the drone !
2018-1-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I would be afraid the tracker would come unattached mid flight and cause a crash.
2018-1-3
Use props
Shobull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5420 ft
Slovakia

I Hope that DJI will add something like integrated GPS tracker with SIM card for data connection and independent battery to MAVIC 2 - that would be cool.
2018-1-3
Use props
BRIDEL
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-1 23:33
I am so sorry for your loss, mate. Hope you will get news about the data analysis result from us. But to be honest, we don't suggest mounting the unauthorized accessories on the drone, or it might avoid the warranty according to the After-sales Policy. Thank you so much for your understanding.[view_image]

Any ideas how to  help finding the drone if something happen ?  
2018-1-24
Use props
BRIDEL
lvl.2
United States

meedz24 Posted at 2018-1-1 19:58
My brother in law lost his mavic with a flyaway in recent weeks, and DJI thankfully replaced it - since then I have also been thinking about GPS tracker on my bird. The one I'm leaning towards is made by TRACKIMO, which is sold at BestBuy and online retailers - strap it to your bird and go with live tracking.

After the 12 months care refresh and warranty are over . So until  DJI finds a good solution to integrate  the track system, I think  the tracker  option is good  decision  to  find  the drone.
Now there are two top options.. The trackimo and the Marco Polo. If you look amazon trackimo has 24% very bad reviews.  Nothing is perfect but 24% makes me think twice.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BRIDEL Posted at 2018-1-24 11:35
Any ideas how to  help finding the drone if something happen ?

If the pilot has connected the DJI GO (4) app while flying, when something unexpected happens, like flyaway, he/she can use the "Find My Drone" function or check back the flight record, the pilot can see the location of the last signal of the drone. These are the recommended ways. Thank you for understanding.
2018-2-5
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

how to attach

2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules