Need help recovering corrupt .mov file
7353 16 2015-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

when I had my crash with the inspire the gimbal broke ans the battery popped out so the recording was not stopped before the aircraft turned off. Can I recover these files and how would I do so? Thanks
2015-4-20
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

If you know any other people with an inspire 1, just put the card back in the camera, power up the drone, rec 2 seconds, turn off recording, then the drone. The file should be repaired.
2015-4-20
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

blackbox Posted at 2015-4-21 04:23
If you know any other people with an inspire 1, just put the card back in the camera, power up the d ...

I don't know anyone else with one. Is there any other way?
2015-4-20
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

tpallai Posted at 2015-4-21 05:39
I don't know anyone else with one. Is there any other way?

I think so. If you have google drive /dropbox/ one drive... Any site that you can upload your inspire file straight off the SD card... Anyone should be able to download that file, load it on their own inspire... Authenticate it and send it back to you. Make sense?
2015-4-20
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

Mkell_CA_SF.BAY Posted at 2015-4-21 13:12
I think so. If you have google drive /dropbox/ one drive... Any site that you can upload your insp ...

ohhhh that's a great idea. I might try that. Thank you!
2015-4-21
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-21 19:39
Hi Blackbox

I tried what you suggested but in my own inspire camera and it didn't work for me

You may want to take a look here : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... recover&lang=en
and here : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... recover&lang=en
2015-4-21
Use props
Highlands Flyer
lvl.2
United States

blackbox Posted at 2015-4-21 20:15
You may want to take a look here : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11426&highlig ...

Hey Merkoen thanks for offering the recovery file. As a result of trimming one of my pine trees with the I1, which then crashed to the ground, the movie file was corrupted. The usual fix of making a quick followup movie did not fix this but your recovery program did. Wahoo!
2015-5-26
Use props
edwards142paul
New

India

Though MOV file is most popular and reliable video format for storing video files, but it can too get corrupted for any oblivious reasons. There are various incidents or events that can lead to MOV corruption and ultimately results to corrupt up your MOV files and making them unplayable. For such case I have a simple and easy solution which guarantees complete and secure of video file without any quality loss.
And that solution is MOV Repair Tool software is specially made to repair the damaged and corrupted files and the excellent thing about this tool is that you can recover your all the Lost and deleted MOV Video by using it.
2016-7-21
Use props
Bianca96000
New

Singapore

If you deleted the files to Recycle Bin and you haven’t emptied Recycle Bin. There still has chance to recover them. You just need to click “restore” to save them back

But if you already clean out the Recycle Bin, there is no solution for users to get back files from emptied Recycle Bin. Therefore, you have to use some 3rd-party data recovery software to help you. Personally, you can try to use Cisdem DataRecovery.
2017-3-15
Use props
dcobb23.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 633386 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a recover question as well. Was shooting a few days ago in XQ 444 on the X5S camera and it breaks the files into pieces (something I didn't know about) and the last take, the first of the clips does not play and only shows a quicktime logo instead of a thumbnail of the clip. Of course the director is sin love with the take that got corrupted, or didn't get finalized or what ever happened. I put the SSD back in the I2 and that didn't help. Is there a way to recover this file?
2017-9-8
Use props
dcobb23.me
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dcobb23.me Posted at 2017-9-8 11:19
I have a recover question as well. Was shooting a few days ago in XQ 444 on the X5S camera and it breaks the files into pieces (something I didn't know about) and the last take, the first of the clips does not play and only shows a quicktime logo instead of a thumbnail of the clip. Of course the director is sin love with the take that got corrupted, or didn't get finalized or what ever happened. I put the SSD back in the I2 and that didn't help. Is there a way to recover this file?

FYI, The proxy file is just fine.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dcobb23.me Posted at 2017-9-8 11:19

Sorry that we are unable to recover the corrupted file for you.
Does this issue happen frequently? Please format SSD card and try different program to edit.
2017-9-10
Use props
dcobb23.me
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-10 00:07
Sorry that we are unable to recover the corrupted file for you.
Does this issue happen frequently? Please format SSD card and try different program to edit.

This is the first time, but it's also the first time I've shot in the XD 444 codec. I spoke to a freind of mine who said "it's likely that the meta-data is screwed up, the video file is probably ok" I'm assuming you won't have any advise on this either...
2017-9-10
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

This thread has been dragged back from the dead twice - Admins - can we please look at making all old threads read only please?
2017-9-10
Use props
dcobb23.me
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-9-10 06:51
This thread has been dragged back from the dead twice - Admins - can we please look at making all old threads read only please?

The problem is, I can't find where to start a new thread. I find this site to be terrible as it's all geared to sell you stuff. Big surprise.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-9-10 06:51

Sorry that the thread cannot be closed optionally, but we suggest everybody to start his/here own new thread if they encounter some problems.
2017-9-10
Use props
djiuser_AV2oFE3oQ9J8
New

United States

Stellar Phoenix Video Repair is the world’s best tool for repairing corrupt, broken or damaged MP4, MOV & other video file formats. Phoenix will fix videos that were corrupted during the shoot, when performing file transfer or while editing, converting or processing files.
2018-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules