Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gugel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116969 ft
Germany

Hi everybody,
I am new here, living in  Germany.
I got my CS for my Phantom 4 some days ago and it is not possible to load Maps. There are only Chinese citys in the list.
The second point is, that on the satelite map are a lot of clouds these  maps are not useable. In the Go4 App on the iPhone i have verry  clear  and sharp maps. Is there any posibility to go back to the Google Maps.
Thanks for the help
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Gugel, please try to reset CrystalSky to factory default and connect to the website to upload the map again.
Please let me know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-1-2
Use props
Gugel
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-2 03:13
Hi Gugel, please try to reset CrystalSky to factory default and connect to the website to upload the map again.
Please let me know if the issue persists, thank you.

Hi Mindy,
thank you verry much for your quick replay. I have tried the following, unfortunately it did not help.
1. factory reset
2. loged in WLAN
3. start DJI Go4
4. Sign in DJI account
5. choose P4P
6. press the tree bars right corner
7. offline maps is not available
8. set automatic Date & Time and timezone OFF
9. set timezone to GMT +01:00 CEST
10. Reboot the device
11. opened DJI Go4 app, P4P, press the 3 bars
12. offline maps is available, onely once, but only chineese cities
after that ofline map is not available anny more.

The second point is, that the satelite maps are so bad quality and a lot clouds.
On the DJI Go4 app on an iPad the maps are perfect.
See the screenshots below.

2018-1-2
Use props
Josemilla
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185728 ft
Spain

The same here...
2018-1-2
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Received my CS today, no problem getting maps for the UK, however, I did set the device to UK and GMT as out of the box it is set for Beijing..

I was expecting map drama but seems ok.

Not tried it flying yet as it’s now very dark. Hopefully when it’s gps gets a lock it will realise I’m not in Berlin.
2018-1-2
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-1-2 14:45
Received my CS today, no problem getting maps for the UK, however, I did set the device to UK and GMT as out of the box it is set for Beijing..

I was expecting map drama but seems ok.

Mine always thinks I'm in Berlin when I first start it up ...
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gugel Posted at 2018-1-2 09:34
Hi Mindy,
thank you verry much for your quick replay. I have tried the following, unfortunately it did not help.
1. factory reset

Thank you for the details very much, may I also have the firmware version and APP version in CrystalSky? We will feedback to our engineers for attention. Appreciate your cooperation..
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Jose, sorry to know you have the same issue and thanks for bringing this to our attention.
May I know when did the issue happen? After firmware updating or something else?
Could you please provide us the firmware version and APP version? Thank you.
2018-1-3
Use props
Gugel
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-3 01:04
Thank you for the details very much, may I also have the firmware version and APP version in CrystalSky? We will feedback to our engineers for attention. Appreciate your cooperation..

Hi Mindy.
Version V02.04.06.00
DJI Go 4 V4.1.18(253-dpadcs)
What is with the bad map quality
Best regards
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gugel Posted at 2018-1-3 03:39
Hi Mindy.
Version V02.04.06.00
DJI Go 4 V4.1.18(253-dpadcs)

Hi Gugel, thank you for the quick update, please click the icon on the upper right corner and try ''Standard'', there should be no cloud.
As the offline maps service of HERE Maps is unstable, we have temporarily removed this feature from DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 for Android. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible.

At the moment, please connect to the network and zoom out the map to load the map.
The issue will also be forwarded to our engineers to look into, I will keep you updated soon. Thank you for the patience.

2018-1-3
Use props
Gugel
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-3 04:55
Hi Gugel, thank you for the quick update, did you select satellite map, please click the icon on the upper right corner and try ''Standard'', there should be no cloud.
The loading issue will be forwarded to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated soon, thank you for the patience.

Yes, i did. Satelite or hybrid. In the Standard Map it is ok. Usualy I fly in Satelite, and on the iPad the maps are perfect.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gugel Posted at 2018-1-3 05:02
Yes, i did. Satelite or hybrid. In the Standard Map it is ok. Usualy I fly in Satelite, and on the iPad the maps are perfect.

Gugel, I just edit my previous post before your update, please check again, the issue will be forwarded to our engineers to check, I will get back to you soon.
2018-1-3
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

Can I add a +1 with this same issue.

Got a new 7.85 Ultra yesterday and it let me download offline maps on its shipped firmware.

This morning I got a notification of the latest firmware upgrade which I did and has now installed V02.04.06.00 on my device and now offline maps does not appear in the menu
2018-1-3
Use props
Josemilla
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185728 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-3 01:11
Hi Jose, sorry to know you have the same issue and thanks for bringing this to our attention.
May I know when did the issue happen? After firmware updating or something else?
Could you please provide us the firmware version and APP version? Thank you.

I just tried to send you the version and the maps have appeared (those of Europe in my case). I have re-entered and the option of offline maps has disappeared... it is something random...

DJI GO 4: 4.1.18 (252-dpadcs)
CS firmware: 02.04.06.00
2018-1-3
Use props
Gugel
lvl.2
Germany

Josemilla Posted at 2018-1-3 10:37
I just tried to send you the version and the maps have appeared (those of Europe in my case). I have re-entered and the option of offline maps has disappeared... it is something random...

It is the same in my case. Sometime it is possible and sometimes not. If you reboot the device you may get ist back. It is just horrible.
The bigest problem I feal is, that the satelitemaps are unfeasible. In the iPad version they are absolutely perfect (google). In the CS for 1.000€ (HERE maps) not to use.
@DJI please find a solution to get the usable Satelite maps back.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gugel Posted at 2018-1-3 20:58
It is the same in my case. Sometime it is possible and sometimes not. If you reboot the device you may get ist back. It is just horrible.
The bigest problem I feal is, that the satelitemaps are unfeasible. In the iPad version they are absolutely perfect (google). In the CS for 1.000€ (HERE maps) not to use.
@DJI please find a solution to get the usable Satelite maps back.

Gugel, appreciate your patience, please enter General Settings to disable Enable Amap and Calibrate Map Coordinates and then reboot the APP, the issue will get addressed.
For the map quality, it relates to Here map itself while iOS device use its own map, there may be some differences, appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Josemilla Posted at 2018-1-3 10:37

Hi Jose, we apologize for the confusion and inconvenience caused, please check on my post in 16# to have a try, please keep me updated if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jimney Posted at 2018-1-3 09:12

Got a new 7.85 Ultra yesterday and it let me download offline maps on its shipped firmware.

Hi Jim, as the offline maps service of HERE Maps is unstable, we have temporarily removed this feature from DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 for Android. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible.

At the moment, please connect to the network and zoom out the map to load the map. Thank you for the understanding.
2018-1-4
Use props
Gugel
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-4 20:12
Gugel, appreciate your patience, please enter General Settings to disable Enable Amap and Calibrate Map Coordinates and then reboot the APP, the issue will get addressed.
For the map quality, it relates to Here map itself while iOS device use its own map, there may be some differences, appreciate your understanding.

Hello Mindy,
I can't find the setting "Enable Amap and Calibrate Map Coordinates".
Sorry, could you explaine were I can set this points?
Thanks
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gugel Posted at 2018-1-5 23:58
Hello Mindy,
I can't find the setting "Enable Amap and Calibrate Map Coordinates".
Sorry, could you explaine were I can set this points?

Sorry, I should add a screenshot here, please find them in DJI Go 4 APP---click three dots icon on the upper right corner to enter General Settings. map.png
2018-1-6
Use props
Gugel
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-6 00:34
Sorry, I should add a screenshot here, please find them in DJI Go 4 APP---click three dots icon on the upper right corner to enter General Settings.[view_image]

Thanks a lot.
2018-1-6
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jimney Posted at 2018-1-3 09:12

Got a new 7.85 Ultra yesterday and it let me download offline maps on its shipped firmware.

Mindy,
I have the same issue 02.04.06.00
2018-1-16
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Wow just got my Crystalsky but didn't realize there was such a problem with offline maps.   I'm in Ontario Canada so not sure what to do about it.  Sucks big time.  Hope this gets worked out sooner than later.
2018-1-16
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I may have found a fix. Try this

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1135096
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced