Keep drone position while stow remote controller
1523 18 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marc95
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

i would love to take pictures of me while skiing, but i can't quite realize what i want to do:

I use the remote to position the spark 100m in front of me and start the 2s photo timer to keep shooting photos.

Then I would like to put the remote in my jacket and start skiing, but obviously the spark starts flying around as soon as i touch a stick.

Is there a way to tell the spark to stay in position while ignoring the rc input?
Turning off the remote starts RTH, which is the intended behavior for losing connection to the remote.

Am I missing something obvious?
2018-1-2
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

There are lanyards available for the remote. Then you can hang it around your neck and shoulder and just pan it behind you.
2018-1-2
Use props
Marc95
lvl.1
Germany

I'm not really comfortable with a remote with my phone attached dangling around my neck while skiing powder
2018-1-2
Use props
xfirf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Marc95 Posted at 2018-1-2 02:49
I'm not really comfortable with a remote with my phone attached dangling around my neck while skiing powder

You should never do something that could distract you that much from controlling the drone.
Why? Because when something is going wrong youre not able to react fast to avoid accidents.

I would ask somebody else to control the drone while youre skiing.
2018-1-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are alone up there?
Work on that issue first!
;-)
2018-1-2
Use props
Marc95
lvl.1
Germany

Fair enough
But using gesture mode with active track, I have no way of controlling the drone either?
2018-1-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

You can do it with your smartphone only. Start e.g. active track, lock the phone's display and put it in your pocket. There is however the 100 meter distance and 50 meter altitude limit when flying without RC.  Or you do it with gesture mode only. Personally I wouldn't do either because I would not be able to control the Spark in case something goes wrong. Therefore I would join xfirf with his recommendation here above.
2018-1-2
Use props
Marc95
lvl.1
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-2 03:06
You are alone up there?
Work on that issue first!
;-)

I'm not alone, but my friends aren't really interested in flying the drone and wouldn't be able to react properly in case of a problem.
2018-1-2
Use props
Marc95
lvl.1
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-2 03:14
You can do it with your smartphone only. Start e.g. active track, lock the phone's display and put it in your pocket. There is however the 100 meter distance and 50 meter altitude limit when flying without RC.  Or you do it with gesture mode only. Personally I wouldn't do either because I would not be able to control the Spark in case something goes wrong. Therefore I would join xfirf with his recommendation here above.

I was never happy with the direct phone wifi connection, was always sketchy.
I'm just looking for a (maybe creative) way to lock the remote sticks for a minute, but as it seems, i'm out of luck.
2018-1-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Marc95 Posted at 2018-1-2 03:21
I'm just looking for a (maybe creative) way to lock the remote sticks for a minute, but as it seems, i'm out of luck.

There are there these stick holders for transport. Maybe that might work.
2018-1-2
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Gesture mode only gives you 10 metres I think before it freezes.
2018-1-2
Use props
Locationscout_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/ ... bieten-3919845.html
2018-1-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Marc95 Posted at 2018-1-2 03:21

Plus a rubber or two, .....
2018-1-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

ok, locationsscout_B-police, dont you think THIS link would fit the forum better?

https://translate.google.co.th/t ... 45.html&prev=search
2018-1-2
Use props
Marc95
lvl.1
Germany

Locationscout_B Posted at 2018-1-2 05:51
https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Strenge-Regeln-fuer-Multicopter-in-Skigebieten-3919845.html

I'm obviously talking about backcountry, not ski resorts...
2018-1-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

https://m.dji.com/product/pgytech-spark-control-stick-protector

Remote stick lock
2018-1-2
Use props
Locationscout_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-2 06:06
ok, locationsscout_B-police, dont you think THIS link would fit the forum better?

https://translate.google.co.th/t ... 45.html&prev=search

thank you. Missed that. Police?
2018-1-2
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

I have a question in a similar vein. In active track mode, I know the Spark will not descend on its own in that mode, but if I'm filming my friends skiing, can I use the remote to make the Spark descend while in active track?
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Marc, I would recommend you ask your partner to complete the recording. And safety comes first, please be more careful if you want to control a drone while go skiing.
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules