12Next >
6898 54 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kgkK7VW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126713 ft
United States

Just want to show what my Spark did to my fingers.
20180101_203822.jpg
2018-1-2
Use props
jojin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27943 ft
Slovakia

How ?
2018-1-2
Use props
_pk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 696 ft
Poland

Spark did it to your fingers or you did it to your fingers carelessly handling Spark?
2018-1-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Oh, had they forgotten to put a huge red sticker explaining not to put your fingers in running rotors?
2018-1-2
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-2 04:22
Oh, had they forgotten to put a huge red sticker explaining not to put your fingers in running rotors?

classic
2018-1-2
Use props
fansa6d9d300
lvl.3
United Kingdom

i still don't understand how a so called selfie drone doesn't come with prop guards as standard.
2018-1-2
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I doubt that the prop guards I use on my Spark would stop that kind of damage. Frankly i think the OP is lucky that not more damage was caused. But the heading is true, it should be a warning to everyone, how dangerous these things can be. Handle with care.
2018-1-2
Use props
Filip3rd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39390 ft
Iran

Everyday more and more I am convinced that Spark is dangerous.

First DJI spy’s on is but asking my location. (Is not your Biz)

Then they hijack my Spark and make them fly away. I am sure 99% of Spark fly to China DJI HQ)

And now this? It’s getting physical and is no joke. You are telling me I can Not grab it while flying? This is way too much.

DJI you should learn from McDonald when they warned us that Warning Hot Coffee

You should just like Watchberger says have a Auto voice tell us

Home location updated Spark is in flying mode please do not grab while on flying mode !!!!

2018-1-2
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

WARNING: This post might contain peanuts and substances known to cause cancer in the state of California.

Judging from the picture of your hand, you're a grown man. Hasn't it occurred to you that it's probably not that wise to put your fingers in the way of fast-spinning, sharp objects? Also, don't eat the yellow snow.
2018-1-2
Use props
massipos
lvl.2

Italy

Dear friend, i'm really sorry for your injuries, but as the elders repeat to the my rc flight field: RC World is not a toy and need respect!
2018-1-2
Use props
Locationscout_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

Could be that he wanted to avoid a more serious event with grabbing Spark. Why showing biting sarcasm to someone who just wanted to warn others...
2018-1-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I sure think, somewhere in his box was a warning about that. DJI is knowing america lawsuits, methinks!
2018-1-2
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

Locationscout_B Posted at 2018-1-2 05:49
Could be that he wanted to avoid a more serious event with grabbing Spark. Why showing biting sarcasm to someone who just wanted to warn others...

For me, the reason for my silly response was the combination of stating the obvious: props spinning at 12000 RPM are not good for your hands (no matter if grabbing your Spark to save the world or otherwise) and whiny tone of the original post. Spark is a non-sentient object and didn't "do it to him". The OP has made a bad decision and got injured by an object he's willfully used.
2018-1-2
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Borrowed from DJI Mindy's post but I do understand if accidents still happens.

2018-1-2
Use props
djiuser_kgkK7VW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126713 ft
United States

I was done flying when I had the drone on my right and the controller on my left. Somehow, the "Fn" button (which I have set for takeoff/landing) was activated and that happened. I posted this to remind others to be careful with their drone. Thanks for asking before jumping into conclusions unlike others who replied to my post.
2018-1-2
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

you must be careful...i had a similar situation months ago but not this far an injury.
2018-1-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

rimza Posted at 2018-1-2 06:14
Borrowed from DJI Mindy's post but I do understand if accidents still happens.

[view_image]

Do I see a chance for a lawsuit?
No "Dont touch rotating propellers" in there?
2018-1-2
Use props
jojin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27943 ft
Slovakia

djiuser_kgkK7VW Posted at 2018-1-2 06:22
I was done flying when I had the drone on my right and the controller on my left. Somehow, the "Fn" button (which I have set for takeoff/landing) was activated and that happened. I posted this to remind others to be careful with their drone. Thanks for asking before jumping into conclusions unlike others who replied to my post.

I think it can be happen to anybody. There can always be a similar situation. Thank you for the description of the accident. Hope your fingers are ok
2018-1-2
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Essa doeu!!
2018-1-2
Use props
cannabenoid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97274 ft
United States

fansa6d9d300 Posted at 2018-1-2 04:42
i still don't understand how a so called selfie drone doesn't come with prop guards as standard.

I agree with this. I understand as an upsell for other drones, but for a "selfie" drone that's advertised as launching and landing on your hand, it seems like prop guards as a default would reduce incidents of injury.
2018-1-2
Use props
fansea82e29a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7441 ft
United Kingdom

I have found that sometimes my Spark will not land (especially if th app has crashed!) so i have had to grab it underneath and do a 180 deg emergency landing. One time I didn't have a good grip and had to let go, it flew towards me and something similar happened to my fingers when I re-grabbed it.
2018-1-2
Use props
Raploc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Netherlands

cannabenoid Posted at 2018-1-2 07:28
I agree with this. I understand as an upsell for other drones, but for a "selfie" drone that's advertised as launching and landing on your hand, it seems like prop guards as a default would reduce incidents of injury.

DJI should include these instead of selling them for a quick buck.

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-spark-hand-guards
2018-1-2
Use props
drone-o-rama
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118 ft
United States

I was done flying when I had the drone on my right and the controller on my left. Somehow, the "Fn" button (which I have set for takeoff/landing) was activated and that happened. I posted this to remind others to be careful with their drone. Thanks for asking before jumping into conclusions unlike others who replied to my post.

Thanks for posting and enduring the abuse that is so frequently dished out on this forum.  It's a good reminder for us all to remain diligent at all times while handling the Spark.  I hope your fingers will recover without issue.
2018-1-2
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Now you all imagine that on the face or eyes.

A person in DJI who invented landing/starting form a hand should be sent to hard work camp.
Thats only device, it may get an malfunction alltime, and even will guards, may damage a face or eyes in a seconds, during launch/land process on user hand.
2018-1-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sometimes stuff happens. I whacked my fingers like that once. I started the props to take off, stupid dog ran up and was about to stick his nose into a prop, I put my hand between his nose and the prop, I would rather cut my fingers than hurt my dog. And yes, the prop guards were on.
2018-1-2
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-2 04:22

Just spat my dinner
2018-1-2
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear you caught your fingers in the Spark blender.  
2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nasty! Never carry a drone and remote controller around in your hands when both are switched on.
2018-1-2
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I see it as that there are two function buttons, but only one useful assignment for them (camera down).
To avoid vasting the other button, it gets one of the useless assignments. In this case takeoff/landing.
2018-1-2
Use props
fanse5394b5d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

I was done flying when I had the drone on my right and the controller on my left. Somehow, the "Fn" button (which I have set for takeoff/landing) was activated and that happened. I posted this to remind others to be careful with their drone. Thanks for asking before jumping into conclusions unlike others who replied to my post.

Really
Somehow, the "Fn" button was activated.

You mean you pressed it

Painful, but careless
2018-1-2
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah, I remember when Spark sliced my palm open. Life is just one big learning experience. I never did that again.
2018-1-2
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Geez where is the "community" in this thread? Some responses to OP are downright rude. No matter how careful you are, accidents happen and this serves as a reminder for us.
2018-1-2
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

I can appreciate your post and see how that happened and sorry it did.
2018-1-2
Use props
djiuser_pVzOCZc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120361 ft
Australia

Kyokushin Posted at 2018-1-2 07:49
Now you all imagine that on the face or eyes.

A person in DJI who invented landing/starting form a hand should be sent to hard work camp.

Hand landing/starting is the only way to go when you're on an all metal boat or other structure, in high winds, in an area with no open ground (lots of grass and brush)  and lots of other environments  - And its a great way to rule out most of the environmental causes of magnetic interference on take off.

I use it about 90% of the time I fly the spark.

Though I would not recommend it children.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Sorry to hear about the accident. I would recommend you go to hopital first and take care of your wound as soon as posible. We would not recommend users to grab the drones during flight. Hope you will get well soon.
2018-1-3
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Seconding what Elektra said- that cut looks infected, I think you could do with getting it treated with some antiseptic and properly dressed. Not neccessarily a hospital visit (that's your call), but it does need treatment.

Also, it looks really painful!
2018-1-3
Use props
djiuser_pVzOCZc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120361 ft
Australia

Lis Morris Posted at 2018-1-3 02:01
Seconding what Elektra said- that cut looks infected, I think you could do with getting it treated with some antiseptic and properly dressed. Not neccessarily a hospital visit (that's your call), but it does need treatment.

Also, it looks really painful!
I agree that you don't need a hospital.
It just needs to be properly cleaned i.e. remove skin flaps and clean off the dried blood and apply antiseptic. It does not look infected - It looks like you just speared on some neosporin on and called it a day.  You may get away with that, but you should do it properly.  All the doctor is going to do clean it apply an antiseptic and charge you more than your spark costs.

If the tissue around any of the cuts  becomes inflamed or you have other signs of infection like swelling and discharge, then go to an urgent care clinic.

2018-1-3
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_pVzOCZc Posted at 2018-1-3 02:17
It just needs to be properly cleaned i.e. remove skin flaps and clean off the dried blood and apply antiseptic. It does not look infected - It looks like you just speared on some neosporin on and called it a day.  You may get away with that, but you should do it properly.  All the doctor is going to do clean it apply an antiseptic and charge you more than your spark costs.

Heh, being in the UK I don't know what neosporin looks like. I just thought it looked nasty and goopy, e.g. infected.
2018-1-3
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_pVzOCZc Posted at 2018-1-3 02:17
It just needs to be properly cleaned i.e. remove skin flaps and clean off the dried blood and apply antiseptic. It does not look infected - It looks like you just speared on some neosporin on and called it a day.  You may get away with that, but you should do it properly.  All the doctor is going to do clean it apply an antiseptic and charge you more than your spark costs.

It does look like there's some kind of ointment on it. The cuts don't look all that bad, keep them clean and use some antibiotic like Neosporin on them, you should be fine.
Of course, not being a licensed medical provider where you live, the above is just my opinion and should not be construed as medical advice - your mileage may vary.....
2018-1-3
Use props
Roberto Lafarga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140010 ft
Mexico

I think what you are telling and showing to us is valuable, Not get to overconfident with the spark Landing on our hands, Cheers!
2018-1-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules