Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Erratic Motors on my P4PPro
1498 12 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryEdwards
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59698 ft
Spain

Just gone out to fly and noticed the motors, just prior to take off, when increasing the revs they were very eratic. Very concerned if flying that this could cause problems in the air. Lack of ccontrol during climb and descent etc.
Checked updates and was informed that a firmware update was available . Version 01.05.0300. Successfully updated that but I still have the same problem.Move the left stick slightly forward, revs start to climb then revert to tick over again without moving the stick. So now very concerned about flying it as this may be unpredictable in flight. Has anyine had a similar problem, and, if so, is there a solution or am i being over cautious. It just seems that control with the left stick (climb descend) does not have the accuracy that it did on my last flight a few weeks ago. All systems were charged fully and all else appears to be functioning properly apart from this control.
2018-1-2
Use props
JerryEdwards
lvl.3
Spain

Is there anybody out there?
2018-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I still have the same problem. Move the left stick slightly forward, revs start to climb then revert to tick over again without moving the stick.
... All systems were charged fully and all else appears to be functioning properly apart from this control.

So everything works fine but you think you may have a problem?
Don't baby the left stick .. give it a kick.
You want to get your Phantom off the ground and up 2 or three metres off the ground.
If it's flying properly, there's nothing wrong with the motors or the rest of propulsion system.
is there a solution or am i being over cautious
There is no solution because there is no problem
2018-1-3
Use props
fanse9378010
lvl.1
United States

Is it a new unit?  
2018-1-3
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you referring to the "vroom vroom" just before liftoff?  If so that is normal.  I believe it does the two quick revs as a means of tightening the props.
2018-1-3
Use props
JerryEdwards
lvl.3
Spain

Its done about 7800 flying with no problem at all. Its not new its about 8 months old. Done some nice filming with excellent results. Just don't want my investment falling out of the sky. Updated the latest firmware.
2018-1-3
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try calibrating your control sticks
2018-1-3
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

try calibrating your control sticks
2018-1-3
Use props
JerryEdwards
lvl.3
Spain

Done everything suggested and flew and hovered in my garage for 10 mins in case something went wrong. All OK. I must put it down to finger trouble my part  and sorry to have wasted everyones time.....
2018-1-3
Use props
JerryEdwards
lvl.3
Spain

Resolved. Thankyou..
2018-1-3
Use props
Toorboy
Captain
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-3 04:13
Are you referring to the "vroom vroom" just before liftoff?  If so that is normal.  I believe it does the two quick revs as a means of tightening the props.

ace avatar there dirtybird
2018-1-3
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Toorboy Posted at 2018-1-3 08:17
ace avatar there dirtybird

Lol thank you.  Channeling my inner Jedi!
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So the issue is now resolved, right? That's great. Please feel free to let us know if there are any further questions, we are glad to help.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules