Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Footage of my cruise
92194 92194 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

The kids and I just got back from a cruise.  I've put together a couple of videos that you can see on my YouTube channel.  Here is one video.  I'll also post more.  I'm loving this drone.  The quality of the footage that you get is unreal!  Hope you guys enjoy.  If so, feel free to subscribe.

2018-1-2
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

On this cruise, I took my spark but I never used it because of the quality difference.  If and when they come out with a new Spark, I certainly hope they give us a 4K+ video on it.  I bet I'd drone 50% more.  Maybe even twice as much as I do now lol.
2018-1-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Fantastic video ! Thanks for share !!
2018-1-4
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job, thanks for sharing
2018-1-4
Use props
iFlyMyDrone.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

Great footage. Did the cruise line give you any problems with bringing the drone aboard? Also, I heard that the Bahamas is not the most friendly to flying a drone. Any problems in port?
2018-1-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great video!
2018-1-4
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

iFlyMyDrone.com Posted at 2018-1-4 06:29
Great footage. Did the cruise line give you any problems with bringing the drone aboard? Also, I heard that the Bahamas is not the most friendly to flying a drone. Any problems in port?

Thanks for the compliment.  No, I've never had a problem taking my drone on Carnival and I've been on a few cruises.  Their website in one part says no drones at all and another part says you may bring your drone as long as you keep it in your room until you hop off at a port.  So, I call with the only question being about the drone the day that I book, sometime in a couple months before the cruise and again the day before I cruise.  The reason being is so that they have it documented that I have called about that question and hopefully they document that they tell me I can take it.  When I come back on board and they do the xray, every time they make me open it. As I'm unzipping it they usually ask what is it (apparently the batteries give them a warning) and when I say drone, once they see it they tell me to go on.  So, no biggie.

Bahamas on my last cruise was cool in nasssau.  I think because the security guard was intrigued and hung out with me while I flew it LOL.  Freeport ran me off.  The police came in a boat and got on the loud speaker.  They did explain however that if I went into town I'd be ok.  I was launching it on the pier next to the ship hahaha.

This time I google and contacted the appropriate people for each stop and got written permssion. I believe the Bahamas is a guy named Gregory Adams or something like that with the Department of Aviation.  I had no problems during this trip.

I've also learned thought that even with permission, I find a place to hide to launch the drone.  1) so i'm not distracted by people who are amazed and have questions and 2) so someone who may not know the laws start harassing me.
2018-1-6
Use props
Nick Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 174 ft

Sweden

Interesting info, Chris. Great looking raft you cruised on too. Thanks for sharing.
2018-1-6
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nick Gee Posted at 2018-1-6 22:57
Interesting info, Chris. Great looking raft you cruised on too. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, sir.  i'll be doing another cruise in may and then in december.  cant wait!
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Wow, nice video, you must have had a great time, thanks for sharing!
2018-1-7
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Very Nice Commercial
2018-1-7
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-7 19:17
Wow, nice video, you must have had a great time, thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much!  We really did have a great time.  I think I am doing 2 more cruises this year and really looking forward to sharpening my skills to make even a couple better videos.
2018-1-8
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Excellent video,  it really makes me feel like cruising again !
Great stuff
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2018-1-8 12:18
Thank you so much!  We really did have a great time.  I think I am doing 2 more cruises this year and really looking forward to sharpening my skills to make even a couple better videos.

Wow, looking forward wonderful pictures and videos from you.
2018-1-8
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 2018-1-8 16:17
Excellent video,  it really makes me feel like cruising again !
Great stuff

Thanks for the compliment!  I have other videos on my YouTube channel.  Feel free to subscribe as well.  I have a few more I am hoping to post soon.
2018-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cool video. Thanks for the share.

Looks like a medium sized floating city... Haha
WEM on steroids.  Snickers

RedHotPoker

2018-1-10
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love your video, great job! My wife and I cruise Carnival at least twice a year, haven't ever taken a drone but do take both my conventional and infrared cameras. If I remember correctly, there's a big 'No Drones' sign at the end of the pier in Freeport, so no surprise you got hassled there. Our next cruise is next week for our 44th anniversary to Cozumel.
2018-1-10
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

nice video
2018-1-10
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

One word of caution when cruising, if you happen to sail into a bad storm - sky black, ship rocking, wind howling, etc. - don't sit in the dining area of the buffet and sing the theme from Gilligan's Island. From personal experience, a lot of folks don't think it's funny for some reason.
2018-1-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work! Very nice footage
2018-1-10
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thanks everyone for all the feedback!  really appreciate it.  i cant wait to do a better one on my next cruise.
2018-1-23
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great work, most enjoyable, thanks for the tour
2018-1-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

A good time had!
2018-1-23
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-10 14:49
One word of caution when cruising, if you happen to sail into a bad storm - sky black, ship rocking, wind howling, etc. - don't sit in the dining area of the buffet and sing the theme from Gilligan's Island. From personal experience, a lot of folks don't think it's funny for some reason.

hahaha thats awesome
2018-1-23
Use props
Sanek
lvl.3
United States

Nice video!!!
2018-1-24
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-10 13:14
I love your video, great job! My wife and I cruise Carnival at least twice a year, haven't ever taken a drone but do take both my conventional and infrared cameras. If I remember correctly, there's a big 'No Drones' sign at the end of the pier in Freeport, so no surprise you got hassled there. Our next cruise is next week for our 44th anniversary to Cozumel.

we are going on the breeze in december.   a buddy and i are thinking of going on the liberty in may/june.  i really want to go on harmony of the seas soon.  
2018-1-24
Use props
Chewbacca
lvl.3
United Kingdom

You are brave taking your drone in the water like that ! Nice vid
2018-1-24
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chewbacca Posted at 2018-1-24 06:45
You are brave taking your drone in the water like that !  Nice vid

hahaha the water shots are with my gopro
2018-1-24
Use props
Chewbacca
lvl.3
United Kingdom

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2018-1-24 06:54
hahaha the water shots are with my gopro

Haha, the footage out of the P4P is really excellent isn't it! I'm always happily surprised at how good it looks when viewing.
2018-1-24
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chewbacca Posted at 2018-1-24 06:58
Haha, the footage out of the P4P is really excellent isn't it! I'm always happily surprised at how good it looks when viewing.

i'm completely blown away at the quality.  if the mavic air gave me that quality, i'd buy it in a heartbeat lol.  all of my photographer friends ask me how i set my settings.  i tell them is a secret.  i just leave it on auto most of the time, but i cant let them know that LOL!

i'm curious on what the phantom 5 will provide when it comes out.  i'm waiting for a waterproof drone.  i'd love to fly in light rain or snow.
2018-1-24
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Good work
2018-1-24
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-1-10 14:49

2018-2-17
Use props
Jeff Millard
First Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2018-1-6 18:17
Thanks for the compliment.  No, I've never had a problem taking my drone on Carnival and I've been on a few cruises.  Their website in one part says no drones at all and another part says you may bring your drone as long as you keep it in your room until you hop off at a port.  So, I call with the only question being about the drone the day that I book, sometime in a couple months before the cruise and again the day before I cruise.  The reason being is so that they have it documented that I have called about that question and hopefully they document that they tell me I can take it.  When I come back on board and they do the xray, every time they make me open it. As I'm unzipping it they usually ask what is it (apparently the batteries give them a warning) and when I say drone, once they see it they tell me to go on.  So, no biggie.

Bahamas on my last cruise was cool in nasssau.  I think because the security guard was intrigued and hung out with me while I flew it LOL.  Freeport ran me off.  The police came in a boat and got on the loud speaker.  They did explain however that if I went into town I'd be ok.  I was launching it on the pier next to the ship hahaha.

I did a search, because I'm interested... and I found this page on Carnival's website:
Link 4 lines up from the bottom of the banned list is "Drones" so it would seem their policy has changed.

Jeff
2018-2-20
Use props
Kevin Halle
Captain
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-20 14:14
I did a search, because I'm interested... and I found this page on Carnival's website:
Link 4 lines up from the bottom of the banned list is "Drones" so it would seem their policy has changed.

Drones are allowed on board you just can't use them on board. I'm going on the Vista again in a few weeks and bringing several of my drones with me.
[size=14.5306px]EXEMPTIONS (ITEMS FOR PORT USE ONLY)
[size=14.5306px]
The following items may be brought on board but can only be used off the ship, for port use only. All items must be stored in the guest’s stateroom.  
  • Drone Cameras
  • Snorkel gear
  • Segways
  • Skateboards
  • Golf clubs
  • Fishing rods
  • Tennis rackets
  • Kites
  • Roller blades or skates
  • Collapsible Wagon *
  • Metal detectors
  • Boogie Boards (maximum 42 inches in length)
  • Beach chair
  • Umbrella
  • Portable Folding Bicycles (maximum 20 inch tires)
* For the safety of our guests, the collapsible wagon cannot be rolled onto/off the ship during embarkation and debarkation and cannot be rolled off/onto the ship while in port.  

Please Note - It is the responsibility of the guest to check with the local laws of each port as Carnival will not be responsible for confiscated items by Foreign Governments.

Before you pack, please review Carnival Corporation Prohibited Items and Carnival Cruise Line Additional Prohibited Items, Exemptions and Other Considerations.

For your reference, these items cannot be taken off the ship in the United States during the cruise or debarkation day.

2018-2-20
Use props
IamWedge
First Officer
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

That was a cool video for sure!
2018-2-21
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-2-20 14:14
I did a search, because I'm interested... and I found this page on Carnival's website:

They have always had that on their website.  They also on the same website state that they permit drones if it stays put up until you are off the ship.
2018-2-21
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

IamWedge Posted at 2018-2-21 01:02
That was a cool video for sure!

Thank you!!!!!  I can't wait to make another one.
2018-2-21
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
First Officer
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

thumbs up.....keep it up buddy...nice chilling footages....love it
2018-2-21
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

Love the video, great footage with the drone.

At around 2:20 there are some people way up in the air.  Are those folks parasailing or zip lining? It was so quick it was hard to tell.
2018-2-21
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Steve Slechta Posted at 2018-2-21 08:08
Love the video, great footage with the drone.

At around 2:20 there are some people way up in the air.  Are those folks parasailing or zip lining? It was so quick it was hard to tell.

Ziplining at Amber Cove.  My kids did it too but we didnt get any footage
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules