DJI Assistant 2.1.2.0
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LucasVG
lvl.1
Belgium

When I try to install the assistant (latest vesrion from the DJI website) the antivirus claims there is a harmfull part in the application.

What is the reason?

2018-1-2
Use props
LucasVG
lvl.1
Belgium

Sorry, the screen shot was not taken into the post:
2018-1-2
Use props
LucasVG
lvl.1
Belgium

Sorry the antivirus details were not attached:
Gen:variant:Symmi:81865
Reported by Fsecure
2018-1-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"What is the reason?"
Two possibilities 1) A series of bits by coincidence  match a known malware (False positive) 2) DJI failed to modify use of malware enough to not being caught by your AV soft.

Your options:
1) Trust DJI over your AV soft and install anyway.
2) Wait until your AV soft definitions get updated and see if anything has changed.
3) Send the downloaded DJI soft to your AV soft's support and ask for a analyze.
2018-1-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LucasVG Posted at 2018-1-2 07:51
Reported by Fsecure

Windows defender seems to give a false positive on Assistant 2. I've downloaded and run it, and all works as expected. I've also run a scan using McAfee with all latest updates, and it detects nothing wrong.

If downloaded from DJI it is unlikely although maybe not impossible for something to be amiss.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

If you download it from DJI website directly, I would recommend you install it anyway.
2018-1-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-7 19:12
If you download it from DJI website directly, I would recommend you install it anyway.

Unless the PC is already infected, the virus is infecting the files on installation, and the antivirus software is detecting that in real time.

I'd be suggesting installing another antivirus app, like Malwarebytes (free version), and doing a full system scan with root kit detection enabled. It's like getting second opinion from a doctor... :-)
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

LucasVG Posted at 2018-1-2 07:51
Reported by Fsecure

Hi Lucas, may I know the name and the version of the antivirus software you are using? And please also provide me with the screenshot of the warning, you can upload the screenshot to Dropbox so I can download it. Thank you so much.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, I got an update from our engineers: this is the false positive of some anti-virus softwares, our engineers are now investigating it. Please try to install DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 on this website and confirm if the warning reappears. We are looking forward to your feedback, thank you very much.
2018-1-21
Use props
AllenatBritish1
lvl.2
Hong Kong

The same issue,thank you Thor : )
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello All, Thanks for your attention. There is one beta version of DJI Assistant 2, would you like to participate in?
Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/siqy5c ... 1ee533a%29.exe?dl=0
Any feedback will be appreciated. We will collect these feedback regularly and forward to our engineers. Thank you so much!

Edit: I've just edited the post and upldate the Dropbox link, please check later.

2018-1-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will have a look at it Susan, thanks

As for the virus detection, i wouldnt worry, its a genereic detection, its just picked up on how assistant behaves, if you are ever unsure in the future do a search on google for this part Gen:variant:Symmi:81865 it will normally give you the information required to make an informed decision as to whether or not you install it, as a rule, if you download a program from the official sites then there is rarely anything to worry about and it should be installed anyway (as suggested already)
2018-1-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Susan, cannot install the beta you posted, its corrupted lol
And yes, i tried it in another dir, same issue....
2018-1-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-25 01:13
Hello All, Thanks for your attention. There is one beta version of DJI Assistant 2, would you like to participate in?
Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u75mdo ... a%20Version.7z?dl=0
Any feedback will be appreciated. We will collect these feedback regularly and forward to our engineers. Thank you so much!

As Bashy say, file in archive is defect!
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-25 01:24
Susan, cannot install the beta you posted, its corrupted lol
And yes, i tried it in another dir, same issue....
[view_image]

Hey Bashy and KedDK, I just edited the post and update the Dropbox link, please try again.
2018-1-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-26 03:20
Hey Bashy and KedDK, I just edited the post and update the Dropbox link, please try again.

I confirm it now can be started, i'll return in a few days when i get trough reading the Terms & Conditions.
2018-1-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Working now, thank you
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now