Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HELP: Repair Services are Terrible
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
First Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sent my Inspire 1 in to have the landing gear replaced.  When I received the sUAS back it was missing a set screw in the landing gear arm, motor mount covers, skid raisers and the stickers on the landing skids noting antennas inside.  I brought it to DJI's attention 12/6/2017 and it is now 01/02/2018.  I was supposed to receive a follow up from the correct dept but have yet to receive.  So, I followed up this am and all that online support could do is reforward the request only this time the marked it as "Urgent".  Really a month is more than enough time to respond to a normal repair request, most companies respond 2-5 business days.  Especially, since it was their error and lack of Quality Control that caused this request.
2018-1-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Likely a lot of your current issue is the call center is nowhere near the repair center.  Why companies allow this service model to exist is a very bad idea, imho, other than the bean counters controlling the money saved some and think it is best.  It becomes a back and forth email through world-wide time zones and holidays and becomes a total mess.  Been there having dealt with retail and repairs.

Even my T-mobile account dispute ended up in a multi-country conference call and no one understood the other on my pre-paid yearly account.  I took the account matter to the local store and the store manager "thought she could fix it," but it took her two hours on the phone with the same call-center game and sundry supervisors and she got no where.  She gave up and gave me her store's local credit for the matter (Fwiw, T-mobile will keep your pre-pay credit and pocket it should you upgrade your service, like adding an iPad data line for your DJI drone.  They will not credit you for any hundreds of dollars of pre-pay into a new account or setup.  Basically, it's theft.).

Good luck, but it is a very slow game when you question them and the answers circle the globe.  Sort of like getting a flying waiver from the FAA for some tower across the country that takes months!

2018-1-2
Use props
DemolitionMan14
First Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-2 08:31
Likely a lot of your current issue is the call center is nowhere near the repair center.  Why companies allow this service model to exist is a very bad idea, imho, other than the bean counters controlling the money saved some and think it is best.  It becomes a back and forth email through world-wide time zones and holidays and becomes a total mess.  Been there having dealt with retail and repairs.

Even my T-mobile account dispute ended up in a multi-country conference call and no one understood the other on my pre-paid yearly account.  I took the account matter to the local store and the store manager "thought she could fix it," but it took her two hours on the phone with the same call-center game and sundry supervisors and she got no where.  She gave up and gave me her store's local credit for the matter (Fwiw, T-mobile will keep your pre-pay credit and pocket it should you upgrade your service, like adding an iPad data line for your DJI drone.  They will not credit you for any hundreds of dollars of pre-pay into a new account or setup.  Basically, it's theft.).

Ive been waiting 9 months on FAA waivers.
2018-1-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 2018-1-2 08:44
Ive been waiting 9 months on FAA waivers.

The entire FAA vs. sUAV thing is a slow bureaucratic mess with the 107 rule.  The local tower should be the controlling factor as the one near me has little to no activity in 2-3 hours at times and could approve something in minutes.  It should be an easy call to them, but this FAA waiver thing across the country is something else!
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi DemolitionMan, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair center and customer support, just to clarify, did you send in the drone again? If yes, may I have the case number? I will help to check the exact status and get you an update, thank you.
2018-1-2
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

yea this is why i fix my own.
2018-1-2
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-2 19:45
yea this is why i fix my own.

Amen brother , I don't have repair people for anything at my house either , from the HVAC to Internet , DJI stuff ,etc. would rather fix it myself .

Great minds think alike !!

donnie
2018-1-3
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-3 05:05
Amen brother , I don't have repair people for anything at my house either , from the HVAC to Internet , DJI stuff ,etc. would rather fix it myself .

Great minds think alike !!

im handy and like to tinker, fixing a busted drone kills a few hours or days
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules