1550 4 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll check for updates before I leave for a shoot or any flight......

Then when I get to a site, I'll fire up the equipment,  TX,  AC,  then the app.  In the upper left it shows checking version,  Then when I go to start flight, an update window stating an update is needed,  Update or Cancel.....I cancel and the flight screen comes up and shows NORMAL Firmware all good.

When I get home I'll fire all back up....and I get NO update notification......

I fly with no issues .....  What is going on?

Thank you,
Randy
2018-1-2
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the message you are getting in the field is "Incompatible Firmware Found - Update Required," it typically means that the firmware of the battery that you currently have installed in the P4P needs to be updated. If this is the message you are seeing, go ahead and do the update - it takes only a couple minutes to update the battery firmware - you will know it is updating because at some point the middle two LEDs on the battery will be blinking. The possible reason you don't see this message at home is that you have likely switched to a battery that has already had the firmware updated.

The battery firmware, if needed, of the currently installed battery gets updated during a regular firmware update. However, if you have additional batteries, you should power down the P4P, insert the next battery and power on the P4P. If you get the inconsistent firmware message on the DJI GO 4 app, then update that battery. Not every firmware update includes a battery firmware update.
2018-1-2
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Excellent !!  and makes perfect sense!  I did note I was using a different battery at home......so I think that solves it!

I'll get on the batt updates asap.

Thank you, and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Randy
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-1-3 11:04
Excellent !!  and makes perfect sense!  I did note I was using a different battery at home......so I think that solves it!

I'll get on the batt updates asap.

Hi Randy, have you got it resolved? Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2018-1-7
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you,  we are all set, and yes this solved my concern!

Thank you
Randy
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules