New Mavic -- is this normal?
1136 5 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

I received a new MPP for Christmas and, because of weather, have had only one time to fly it.  I took a few quick photos and noticed that in the ones where the lens was aimed toward the setting sun that there was a bright spot in the lower part of the frame.  I have experienced lens flare with my Spark and DSLR when taking sunset photos but nothing like the bright spot in the photos that I took with the MPP.
I am wondering if there is a manufacturing defect in the camera lens of my MPP?  Have others of you experienced lens flare like this?
2018-1-2
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

Tried to post a photo but evidently I am not doing something right.  Sorry
2018-1-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flare is to be expected so nothing wrong with the drone. To help prevent flare you have a few options. 1. Use a flare hood (PGYTech do a great example of one which you can buy directly from the DJI on line store). 2. Purchase a set of ND filters with high end optics 3. Steer the drone away from the sun at least 45 degrees or tilt the gimbal toward the ground. Otherwise, expect flare when flying into the sun with almost any drone.
2018-1-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Post a pic that way we can see what you are seeing.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please upload an original picture from the SD card to Dropbox for a better confirmation. Thank you so much.
2018-1-2
Use props
Monsinho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272490 ft
Sweden

If you point the camera in the direction of the sun lens flares are expected. Nothing wrong with the camera. A lens hood might improve things a bit. But a rule of thumb is to never point the camera direct into the sun unless you want the flare effect
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules