2897 13 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quick FYI,  I just checked the Apple App Store and I  see the 'DJI Go 4' (vs 4.1.22) just got released for IOS three hours ago.  Screen shots below...I'm in USA (NJ) so I know this gets released at different times thoughout the states.  Anyone install this yet? Feedback?  

I'll try installing later tonight and probably put up a video on it as well.  If you guys have feedback just let me know and I'll add it to my video as well;

YouTube Main Page:  https://www.youtube.com/c/RGMGFitness

1 of 2

1 of 2

2 of 2

2 of 2
2018-1-2
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

i'm in Canada and got the update via App Store too.  
2018-1-2
Use props
JamBeats
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8858 ft

United States

Just got the update too. Will try it out tomorrow with OTG.
2018-1-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-1-2 10:45
i'm in Canada and got the update via App Store too.

Good to hear...
2018-1-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JamBeats Posted at 2018-1-2 10:47
Just got the update too. Will try it out tomorrow with OTG.

Yep, i'll be trying with OTG as well.  Because this is a software update (not firmware) I don't expect to see much difference though.  Guess we'll see....
2018-1-2
Use props
helmarw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12730 ft
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-1-2 10:54
Yep, i'll be trying with OTG as well.  Because this is a software update (not firmware) I don't expect to see much difference though.  Guess we'll see....

why do we need 3 threads for the same topic ?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost

2018-1-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

helmarw Posted at 2018-1-2 11:02
why do we need 3 threads for the same topic ?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=127365&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dlastpost%26orderby%3Dlastpost%26orderby%3Dlastpost

FYI:  Android version got released a while back.  I just wanted to be clear this was the Apple IOS version just released a few hours ago.   Also, first I'm seeing it posted to the Apple App Store and not some mirror site.    All good.....
2018-1-2
Use props
helmarw
lvl.3
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-1-2 11:06
FYI:  Android version got released a while back.  I just wanted to be clear this was the Apple IOS version just released a few hours ago.   Also, first I'm seeing it posted to the Apple App Store and not some mirror site.    All good.....

then check the link, both are for IOS (one is alread mixed up with both versions), now the have a third one ...

@admin: can someone close here please!!!
2018-1-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

helmarw Posted at 2018-1-2 11:13
then check the link, both are for IOS (one is alread mixed up with both versions), now the have a third one ...

@admin: can someone close here please!!!

Not a duplicate thread.  I read through the other 2 links you provided.  Those discuss a number of issues and it's a mix between IOS and ANDROID questions.  Many were asking when IOS 4.1.22 would get released.  This thread is SPECIFIC to Apple IOS which is why I started it.  

If you don't like this thread than just go read the others.  This was an attempt to start a clean thread to discuss the DJI GO 4 App, specific to Apple IOS 4.1.22.  Thank you...
2018-1-2
Use props
helmarw
lvl.3
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-1-2 11:35
Not a duplicate thread.  I read through the other 2 links you provided.  Those discuss a number of issues and it's a mix between IOS and ANDROID questions.  Many were asking when IOS 4.1.22 would get released.  This thread is SPECIFIC to Apple IOS which is why I started it.  

If you don't like this thread than just go read the others.  This was an attempt to start a clean thread to discuss IOS 4.1.22.  Thank you...

this one i posted before:
Title: DJI IOS 4.1.22 Now Available
(only IOS, its in the title!!!)

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 1&extra=#pid1108893

postet 4 hrs ago, yours 1 hr, hence yours is still a duplicate, sorry...
2018-1-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

helmarw Posted at 2018-1-2 11:40
this one i posted before:
Title: DJI IOS 4.1.22 Now Available
(only IOS, its in the title!!!)

Hey, thanks for your feedback.  However, when I read the title of the post your referencing it's very UNCLEAR to me what the post is even about.  Headings / Subject Lines that are unclear make it difficult to know what the topic is even about.  There is no such thing as 'DJI IOS 4.1.22' and for anyone who's not been following these articles/posts I try to be as clear as possible what the topic of discussion is about.  

One issue I see with many threads in here are that people are generic when they asks questions or post comments.  For everything to work and to accurately troubleshoot someone's issue you have to know exactly what people are talking about (software versions, hardware versions, etc.).   The goal here is to make this forum better for everyone.  No one should have to read three pages into a thread to figure out what the topic of discussion is, and yet I've read a number of threads in here which often take me several pages of reading to identify just that topic.   

Hence why the Subject Line of my post starts "DJI GO 4 (Version 4.1.22) - For IOS | Just Released".  I am certain anyone that goes looking under the topic of 'Software' in this forum is going to have a much clearer understanding of the topic.  That's my point...nothing more.   Again, enjoy your day.  

On a final note, I also noticed the other link is under the general heading of 'Discussion' where as I posted this thread under "Software".  I think this is the more appropriate place to have a dicussion on 'Software'.  Again, trying to make it easy for folks to find.  I know I would be looking under 'software' for these types of topics.  
2018-1-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just installed the most recent version of the DJI GO 4 App (4.1.22) for Apple IOS products.  My initial findings;   
2018-1-2
Use props
OGarcia666
lvl.2
Flight distance : 972408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think OTG is gone now!  Wouldn’t connect with cable and it forces you to use WiFi if you want to connect!
2018-1-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OGarcia666 Posted at 2018-1-2 17:24
I think OTG is gone now!  Wouldn’t connect with cable and it forces you to use WiFi if you want to connect!

Thanks I'll check it out in more detail.  I was able to fly briefly with the OTG cable.  I just didn't get a chance to test in depth.  But will certainly fly with caution.  Appreciate the heads up.   But again, it did work for me as I had WiFI DISABLED when I tested the OTG Cable I have.  I actually have two (2) different cables and I know not all cables work as well.   Again, I'll still have to test further....thanks!
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules