12Next >
2224 42 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

A few months ago I posted a thread asking for positive feedback about your experiences and decided to post a new thread on the topic

Please provide your POSITIVE feedback/experience with your DJI Spark.  This can be either about your Spark, DJI Store, DJI Support or any other related topic.  It can also be a bad experience with a positive ending.  Provide your location (city or country), topic area (your Spark, DJI Store or other) and your story.  Feel free to post links and pictures to support your post.  Enjoy ...
2018-1-2
Use props
Firehawk989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

5 flights in now, all incident-free, and in a really spectacular setting!

Spark Fly More Combo Meadow Green
HTC One M8 Android 6.0 connected to RC via WiFi.

The thing I love most about the Spark is its portability! The fly more combo bag with aircraft, remote, and 2 spare batteries fits perfectly in my backcountry ski pack, and I don't worry about squishing anything with the remote stick guard and gimbal cover installed.

Only thing I didn't like/had trouble with at first was the initial setup and firmware upgrades. It took multiple attempts fiddling with connection settings and so-forth to get everything set up and updated. Also the compass needed calibration before the first flight but I wasn't prompted to do this. I feel like everyone should be prompted to calibrate the compass once before their first flight, as these things are sent all over the world! Even within my own country the compass magnetic declination can vary by a large degree depending on where you are.

Will post some pictures and video soon.
2018-1-2
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-1-2 11:57
5 flights in now, all incident-free, and in a really spectacular setting!

Spark Fly More Combo Meadow Green

Thanks for your reply to this post.  Glad you had a great experience as I've also had.  
2018-1-2
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow...this thread was created over 2 hours ago and only 1 positive post
2018-1-2
Use props
hila3010
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40299 ft
Costa Rica

Hi!

I'm from Costa Rica and got my spark on Dec 23 and i have to say it has been so much fun!

For my first flight we went to the beach, and even when at the beggining I was a bit afraid after two flights I couldn wait to recharge my batteries and keep on going!
I did hit a tree twice :p (not the same tree, not the same day) and only cause I wasn't sure how much distance will the spark take when taking a spiral video, but nothing happend, spark didnt fall or has a scratch or anything (but definetly gave me heads up on the distance)

I havn't tried all the functions yet but will do so during the next days I'll be sharing a post on my first pictures and videos but for now i leave you with a picture I took yesterday of my hometown church

Love the sphere picture function
2018-1-2
Use props
Firehawk989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

That is a beautiful shot! Well done!
2018-1-2
Use props
Maccatuna
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231178 ft
Australia

Great little toy ....thumbs up here
2018-1-2
Use props
Trip Astute
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109593 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really enjoying my Spark as well. It's my first drone, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I've been really really impressed with it's capabilities. I got a chance to use it during my recent trip to Europe, and it was so easy to carry in my backpack. My only wish is that they resolve/allow the OTG cable connection. I've had to fly using the wifi connection with my controller, and it works, but I much prefer the OTG cable. :-)
2018-1-2
Use props
Cookster670
lvl.4
Australia

The Good:
Stability
Portability
Reliability
Range
DJI support

The Bad:
Wish battery life was longer
Firmware update resulted in bricking device.  Unit had to be replaced (Warranty)
2018-1-2
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Picked up the Spark last fall.  No problems flying it.  

My neighbor is always fussing with lawn and seems to enjoy mowing it a lot.  So I took the Spark down and did some tracking shots that look like a dolly mounted camera was moving with his mower.  I also captured some 20 foot high shots.  Then I edited them to a popular swing time song and sent it to his wife's phone.  The Spark does a good job capturing family/friends memories.

This last week we got hit with snow.  Hand launched off the back deck and then landed in my hand 5 minutes later.  I flew the spark around and got some retreating shots of the snow covered driveways.  I also got one of me on the back deck fading into the distance, that looks like a dronie but I flew it myself and got the end height I wanted.  Edited the video into small clips and sent the one of me on the deck to some of my family in Florida.  I sent the shot of the snow covered driveways to my neighbors out of town.  The Spark does a good job of communicating what is happening in our lives.  

Not like I would have walked around with a hand camera getting snow shots.  Might-of fell and hurt myself

2018-1-2
Use props
jimm00re
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

I picked up my Spark in August and now I have around 70 error free flights under my belt.  Coming into this as a new pilot, I'm impressed with DJI and the ease of use of the software and hardware.  Here's a pic from yesterday  

2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Wish all of you have a good time with spark.
2018-1-2
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

hila3010 Posted at 2018-1-2 13:45
Hi!

I'm from Costa Rica and got my spark on Dec 23 and i have to say it has been so much fun!

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us.
2018-1-3
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

Maccatuna Posted at 2018-1-2 13:56
Great little toy ....thumbs up here

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us.
2018-1-3
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

Trip Astute Posted at 2018-1-2 14:04
Really enjoying my Spark as well. It's my first drone, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I've been really really impressed with it's capabilities. I got a chance to use it during my recent trip to Europe, and it was so easy to carry in my backpack. My only wish is that they resolve/allow the OTG cable connection. I've had to fly using the wifi connection with my controller, and it works, but I much prefer the OTG cable. :-)

Thanks for sharing your positive experience
2018-1-3
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

Cookster670 Posted at 2018-1-2 14:07
The Good:
Stability
Portability

Thanks for sharing your positive experience ...
2018-1-3
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-2 14:16
Picked up the Spark last fall.  No problems flying it.  

My neighbor is always fussing with lawn and seems to enjoy mowing it a lot.  So I took the Spark down and did some tracking shots that look like a dolly mounted camera was moving with his mower.  I also captured some 20 foot high shots.  Then I edited them to a popular swing time song and sent it to his wife's phone.  The Spark does a good job capturing family/friends memories.

Thanks for sharing your positive experience
2018-1-3
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

jimm00re Posted at 2018-1-2 14:29
I picked up my Spark in August and now I have around 70 error free flights under my belt.  Coming into this as a new pilot, I'm impressed with DJI and the ease of use of the software and hardware.  Here's a pic from yesterday   

[view_image]

Thanks for sharing your positive experience and that is a very nice shot.  Thanks for sharing
2018-1-3
Use props
warubikku
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

I am new to the forums, and admit i am shocked with all the issues people are having with their spark, i bought my spark without even knowing about these forums and in hindsight, i may not have purchased one after reading all the threads. BUT... I have had ZERO issues with my spark in the 5 months and over 100 flights completed with it.
I bought a bundle listing from amazon, spark/transmitter bundle, with strip charger, 2 batteries and added on a OTG cable as a "commonly purchased with" item.
I use an old samsung galaxy S5 for my screen, in airplane mode when flying, then just update my flights when i'm home.
The day after 4.1.18 came out i had auto updated djigo4, and like everyone else, freaked out when i had no readings when i took off that day, then after seeing these forums, saw that i could downgrade my djig04 ap to the earlier 4.1.15 version and have never looked back.
Sorry for the novel, but there is more positive in this machine than negative, so i feel for anyone that is having issues and failures, i myself just happen to have none of the issues iv'e seen on here.

My current flight log

PHILADEPHIA PENNSYLVANIA

PINE GROVE PENNSYLVANIA

HAVRE DE GRACE MARYLAND

TANAY RIZAL PHILIPPINES

ABERDEEN MARYLAND

CIRCUIT MAKATI PHILIPPINES

PORT DEPOSIT MARYLAND

LUNETA MANILA PHILIPPINES

RIZAL PARK PHILIPPINES

LUNETA MANILA PHILIPPINES

HAVRE DE GRACE MARYLAND

I have taken this drone overseas in late october and had no issues what so ever taking it in my carry on backpack, i have the dji case that came with the bundle, i never had to reset or fiddle with the setting or frequencies or compass, it flew there just like it did here in the u.s. (KEEP IN MIND I AM FROM THE EAST COAST U.S. SO I HAVE A U.S. VERSION OR REGION SPARK)
2018-1-3
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Have to say it is a fun toy, and neat for some added photos - I too had to roll back on Android for otg functionality. But great hardware - hope the software updates restore otg in both iOS and Android
2018-1-3
Use props
czechmark01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084449 ft
  • >>>
United States

warubikku Posted at 2018-1-3 16:15
I am new to the forums, and admit i am shocked with all the issues people are having with their spark, i bought my spark without even knowing about these forums and in hindsight, i may not have purchased one after reading all the threads. BUT... I have had ZERO issues with my spark in the 5 months and over 100 flights completed with it.
I bought a bundle listing from amazon, spark/transmitter bundle, with strip charger, 2 batteries and added on a OTG cable as a "commonly purchased with" item.
I use an old samsung galaxy S5 for my screen, in airplane mode when flying, then just update my flights when i'm home.

Great images!
2018-1-3
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's my story.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1041728
The short version is:
I was flying my drone in a new place and the app disconnected. After thinking the drone was gone for good and not seeing where it went it just came right back to the home point and landed safely. The GPS works! The backup safety systems on this drone WORK!
2018-1-3
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

hila3010 Posted at 2018-1-2 13:45
Hi!

I'm from Costa Rica and got my spark on Dec 23 and i have to say it has been so much fun!

Congrats, for the first try exceptional indeed.
2018-1-3
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

I am new to the forums, and admit i am shocked with all the issues people are having with their spark, i bought my spark without even knowing about these forums and in hindsight, i may not have purchased one after reading all the threads. BUT... I have had ZERO issues with my spark in the 5 months and over 100 flights completed with it.
I bought a bundle listing from amazon, spark/transmitter bundle, with strip charger, 2 batteries and added on a OTG cable as a "commonly purchased with" item.

Hi, I agree that there is a lot of negative comments about the Spark.  I've not experienced any of the issues and all my flight experiences have been very good thus far.

Thanks for your post and for the amazing pictures.  
2018-1-4
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Austria

Luv my Saprk, it goes with me everywhere. My son fly’s the Mavick and I the Spark and we have great flying times together. So far no issues, luv the RTH..
2018-1-4
Use props
ed grez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43510 ft
United States

Not as much flight time as some others, but having a BLAST!
Did have to call Support right after I got my Spark and having firmware update issues. Support was quick and walked me though problem and resolution step by step!
Was a good experience.

As everybody else the OTG fiasco after 4.1.18! Just found rollback instructions on THIS forum and was up and flying quickly

Overall very happy.
!
2018-1-4
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

ed grez Posted at 2018-1-4 10:21
Not as much flight time as some others, but having a BLAST!
Did have to call Support right after I got my Spark and having firmware update issues. Support was quick and walked me though problem and resolution step by step!
Was a good experience.

thanks for the post and keep enjoying your flight time.
2018-1-4
Use props
fansb10a8434
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

First post here; dunno even what it'll use for my tag, much less an avatar... Sort that out later, I suppose.

Anyway, my New Lava Red Fly More Combo was "received" as a Xmas gift. Christened "Ladybug." Went thru the painless FAA registration process and labeled her, along with a "REWARD IF FOUND" and my cell number. Because I live 4 miles from a remote, untowered, and partly-unattended (i.e., it's mainly an AT&T microwave tower with a small helipad that's there only for emergencies; it's only staffed weekdays 8am - 4 pm), I must provide advance notification to the airport manager each and every time I intend to put her up.

Did so for my inaugural flights planned for Sat 12/30 and Sun 12/31. Minor PITA getting everything updated and interconnected (using an iPad Mini 4 as my display, mounted to the DJI RC controller with a MavMount). First day only got to fly 2 batteries as I discovered too late that the additional battery I bought to augment the 2 in the Fly More Combo had older FW and so wouldn't fly until I could get that updated (after the first day flying window was over). Anyway, got in a total of 6 flights across the 2 days for a total of just 30 minutes in the air.

I was playing it super-safe but was absolutely blown away by the stability and control right from the very first auto-takeoff (haven't played with gestures yet, but flying with both prop guards and the side palm/finger guards - that extra weight costs a minute or two of flight time, but also "dumbs' her down a bit which is initially very helpful). Not at all like my RC heli days spending every second trying to keep the thing from a "Rapid Unplanned Disassembly!" Pilot workload is still not trivial, as you're dividing your attention between 1) VLOS situational awareness, 2) FPV video feed, 3) the actual stick controls, and 4) the app with all its UI, interactions for various things, setting tweaking, etc.

But the thing is so flippin' stable you can basically just park it nearby somewhere safe while you turn to other tasks. It's totally manageable. A couple of times I was adjusting her and getting set up for a shot or vid snippet, and moving / rotating her caused the drone audio sound to change a bit and that would cue me to glance up to visually make sure all was still well and she wasn't drifting or getting close to anything bad. Yep, she was just sitting there patiently letting me tell her what to do. VERY reassuring.

Anyway, had a total blast - some of the most fun I've ever had. She's back safe & sound & undamaged, despite reading all the zillions of horror stories out there.

Still learning to edit video, so I'll spare you until I've got something a bit more polished,but here are a couple of nice still shots I snagged this past weekend (all taken over my own personal property in an area butted up against some really rugged (but also spectacular) terrain.

Newbie to this forum, so I hope these pictures (uploaded as files) come through properly. Forgive me if I flub it.

Joe

2018-1-4
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
United States

fansb10a8434 Posted at 2018-1-4 11:04
First post here; dunno even what it'll use for my tag, much less an avatar... Sort that out later, I suppose.

Anyway, my New Lava Red Fly More Combo was "received" as a Xmas gift. Christened "Ladybug." Went thru the painless FAA registration process and labeled her, along with a "REWARD IF FOUND" and my cell number. Because I live 4 miles from a remote, untowered, and partly-unattended (i.e., it's mainly an AT&T microwave tower with a small helipad that's there only for emergencies; it's only staffed weekdays 8am - 4 pm), I must provide advance notification to the airport manager each and every time I intend to put her up.

Sorry for the double-post; User ID & avatar should be all set now...

Joe
2018-1-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great stills there
2018-1-4
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

fansb10a8434 Posted at 2018-1-4 11:04

Anyway, my New Lava Red Fly More Combo was "received" as a Xmas gift. Christened "Ladybug." Went thru the painless FAA registration process and labeled her, along with a "REWARD IF FOUND" and my cell number. Because I live 4 miles from a remote, untowered, and partly-unattended (i.e., it's mainly an AT&T microwave tower with a small helipad that's there only for emergencies; it's only staffed weekdays 8am - 4 pm), I must provide advance notification to the airport manager each and every time I intend to put her up.

Thanks for your post and sharing your experience.  Amazing pics as well.
2018-1-4
Use props
Lee Moon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

jimm00re Posted at 2018-1-2 14:29

[view_image]

That really is a gorgeous photo.  The solitary bird sitting on the rocks really makes the image interesting.  It doesn't hurt that the background is such a lovely sky!  Well done.
2018-1-4
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-4 12:59
That really is a gorgeous photo.  The solitary bird sitting on the rocks really makes the image interesting.  It doesn't hurt that the background is such a lovely sky!  Well done.

Totally agree. I think ANY photographer would be deliriously happy to snag a shot like that. That a lil' bitty Spark drone took it is just amazing. Awesome, prize-worthy shot!

Joe
2018-1-4
Use props
Syed Muhammad Ali Gillani
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hello i own a dji spark it was working fine but since morning im facing issues with its signals the drone signal are weak also when drone is 0m away from me after it goes some distance it losts all signal. Pls help how to fix this problem.
2018-11-8
Use props
Syed Muhammad Ali Gillani
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hello i own a dji spark it was working fine but since morning im facing issues with its signals the drone signal are weak also when drone is 0m away from me after it goes some distance it losts all signal. Pls help how to fix this problem.
As u can see drone is in front of me and its 1 signal is already dead.
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

if you are only asking about positive feedback its pretty useless unless you are a DJI shill... experience is experience and folks should be able to tell the good and the bad. unless you are trying to shift perception to sell product
2018-11-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

I've had a few minor annoyances with the Spark, but since this thread is about good experiences, there are too many of them so I'll wrap them up as concisely as I can.

The Spark has fulfilled my desire to dependably capture smooth aerial footage at a decent HD resolution, and at a cost I can afford. Because I only fly out in the country and get permission to fly on farmers' property, I've made connections with the people out there, including a harvest crew and a couple who fly trained falcons. These are connections I never would have made without a drone. Buying a Spark has been an overwhelmingly positive experience for me.

If that makes me a shill for DJI, then the definition of shill needs to be changed to something much less cynical.
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 11-8 09:46
I've had a few minor annoyances with the Spark, but since this thread is about good experiences, there are too many of them so I'll wrap them up as concisely as I can.

The Spark has fulfilled my desire to dependably capture smooth aerial footage at a decent HD resolution, and at a cost I can afford. Because I only fly out in the country and get permission to fly on farmers' property, I've made connections with the people out there, including a harvest crew and a couple who fly trained falcons. These are connections I never would have made without a drone. Buying a Spark has been an overwhelmingly positive experience for me.

I am not saying that people with good experiences can't share them but to suppress the ongoing issues with these platforms kind of seems like someone with an agenda...

I mostly have good times too.. but it only takes one fly away when the bird randomly goes into atti and bolts like a cattle prodded stallion .... to reign in the fun... especially for those here that never found it again...
2018-11-8
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

The Spark is so durable, it survived a crash from about 100 feet up! (All my fault, I didn’t snap in the battery well enough, as has led many Sparks to their demise!) I am amazed that a drone can stand up to that kind of thing and survive without a scratch. Plus DJI Support has been helpful and the drone is a beast (well, a little one )
2018-11-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-8 10:59
I am not saying that people with good experiences can't share them but to suppress the ongoing issues with these platforms kind of seems like someone with an agenda...

I mostly have good times too.. but it only takes one fly away when the bird randomly goes into atti and bolts like a cattle prodded stallion .... to reign in the fun... especially for those here that never found it again...

Nobody is suppressing anything. There are plenty of threads on flyaways and crashes and such. I'm pretty sure they don't have an agenda just because they're all about a terrible experience and no one is sharing their good stories.

But the bottom line is, as a fellow Spark flyer, I'm glad that you have good times with your Spark, like I do. I can really relate to that. Cheers and happy flying.
2018-11-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules