Dubai Rules and regulations
2788 4 2018-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a_sam1987
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Hey guys
i just had my hobbyist licence in dubai ...but its really confusing me to understand alot of things their..
and no one is giving me an accurate answer
the map that they are giving is not clear
the map on the app  is 99% red or with permision to fly
anyone can clarify to me some points
in the future i am planning to upgrade that to profesional or commerical licence ...but if i am still hobbyist and i am super limited
then how can i procceed forward for that

Anyone can help ???
2018-1-2
Use props
DxbDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1436332 ft
United Arab Emirates

Which Map app Are you using ...?
2018-1-3
Use props
DxbDrone
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Check this Map As hobbyist there are many areas you can fly in Dubai. Just Avoid Green and red Areas

Please note this Map is ONLY for Dubai.
2018-1-3
Use props
a_sam1987
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

ok thats great i do have the same map from the DCAA pamphlet  that i took when i went their to get my licence
but on the app called UAE Drone fly map which is done by the DCAA  the map is all red
and i need to know also ...what i am expected  if a police stops me for any reason ...what shall happen ..if the police doesnt know the rules or anything else and they try to stop me for the reason that they dont know the rules but they know that drone is not allowed and thats it ?
another question , for example  in al sufouh as it is shown here the empty space between the 2 green circles...thats the secret beach ....and their there is alot of hilicopters flying around ...so how come it is possible to fly their ....
and if possible to explain to me ...if i want to upgrade my licence to prof  or commercial one ...i know that i should take practice and test for that ..but the part that i dont understand is that  i need to have special visa for that !!!!
2018-1-7
Use props
DxbDrone
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

They are Two aviation authorities in UAE .

GCAA -- General Civil Aviation Authority for all UAE Airspace .
DCAA -- Dubai Civil Aviation Authority is for DUBAI AIRSPACE ONLY. Not all over UAE.

App called UAE Drone fly map ------> this map is for GCAA (General Civil Aviation Authority) . As per GCAA all areas are red.

But If you are flying in Dubai DCAA rules Applies So just follow the map provided in the pamphlet .

Regarding Dubai Police they are all well aware of drone rules , they will only stop you if you are breaking any rules . If so you can explain them and show them the map or your flight path in app or recorded media that you are not doing anything illegal and everything is as per DCAA rules . They will only take action if you don't follow the rules as per DCAA.

Now about al Sufouh area , you can fly there but don't enter the green zone while flying and if you see helicopters  are very low just don't fly there simple. I cannot say you exactly which area are ok or not just by seeing the safe areas on maps  , Simply check ur surrounding even in safe zone some time there are aerial activities . Just follow the basics rules provided by DCAA.

This all Applies ONLY in Dubai not rest of emirates.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules